PDA

View Full Version : The Online Estimate Form "Readme"

Excel_Collision
10-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Here's a guideline for how to fill out the Online estimate form. These are general suggestions about what information you should give us at the time that you contact us about doing work for you. Filling out the form as accurately as possible will help speed up the process. Afterall, you want your stuff fixed, and we want your business. both as quickly as possible.

If there are some things you are unsure of, just PM me and I can help you figure it out. I've used my personal car as an example.

- ME -

Name:
-First name is all that's necessary.. just to know who I'm talking to.

City:
- Need to know where you're located so that i have an idea of your ability to stop in for an estimate or stop by to answer any questions during the repair/paint job

State:
-

- MY CAR -

Make:-"Acura"

Model:
-"Integra"

Trim Level:-"GSR"

Year:
-"1995"

VIN #:
- 17 Digits, can usually be found at the bottom of the windshield on the driver's side. Also, you can look at your car's Title or Registration card.

Having your VIN will GREATLY help us to get you a more accurate estimate, because the program we use to search for parts reqires a VIN. Sometimes the codes in the VIN will even tell us special options your cars has, such as a Cobra front bumper instead of the regular V6 Mustang bumper.

***Your VIN is your private property and will be treated as such. Some people are not comfortable giving out their VIN #'s, and that's just fine.. but to reassure you, your VIN will be kept private and forgotten as soon as your repair is complete or if you decide to take your business elsewhere***

Color Name:
- Milano Red

Exterior Paint Code:
- R-81

Trim/Secondary Paint Code:
- None

Currently Drivable? (could you stop in for a better estimate if necessary?)(Y/N): - Sometimes pictures and typing just won't cut it. We will always incourage you to come in and talk with us about what you need done, but sometimes that's the only option. Seeing inside your trunk is sometimes necessary to give an estimate about fixing a quarter panel. Seeing underneath your hood is always necessary to estimate rad support, apron, or frame damage.. etc etc.

- WHAT I NEED DONE -

Reporting to Insurance Company (Y/N):
- WE WELCOME ALL INSURANCE WORK. We will deal with all insurance companies and we may even be a direct repair center for your company. Talk with your agent and mention our name. (we can't mention which ones we work with directly because of state and national laws :roll:)

Body Work:-
even if you know nothing about body work, just a quick description of what you need done. (i.e. i have a dent on my passenger door that continues into the rear quarter panel, etc)

Frame Work:- same as above

Rust:- again, same as 'body work'

Paint:- ditto

Overall Quality Required (scale of 1-10):- This is a big one. First, we need you to understand that what comes out of our shop will always be quality work. There are, however, different levels of quality. Here's what i mean...

on a scale of 1 to 10:
1 - single stage paint, solid color, no sanding/buffing, no reassembly, yet a clean, glossy, durable finish....

5 - average base/clear refinishing, dirt nibs sanded and spot-buffed, average new vehicle OEM quality...

10 - Basecoat/clearcoat (or tri-coat/kandy), any color, multiple coats of clear, perfect show quality, entire car wetsanded/buffed, PERFECT...

where does your car fall?

- TIMEFRAME -

I will be bringing the car in by (mm/dd): approx. date of when you would like the repair to begin.
-

I need the car done by (mm/dd): your deadline.
-

- PICTURES -

Link or embed pictures here:
- I generally need to see a few pictures of the damage that your car has, both previous unrelated damage and current (to be repaired) damage especially. a few shots of the entire car would help as well to get an idea of the scale of the damage.

I would love to hear comments on how to make this system better, please feel free to reply here about what could be done differently or even just comment on the process.

Keeper1343
11-19-2007, 03:33 AM
My name is Lou. I have a 95 Honda civic EX 2 door. I would like to get my car painted a different color. Right now it is black. I would just like to know a roundabout cost of painting 5 stage paint job.