PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connection. HELP! (36o)

Kuz
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah so I'm sure the regulars that I played with realized they haven't seen me on in a WHILE. I can't connect to my wireless network anymore. i called Microsoft technical support and they "came to the conclusion" that my wireless adapter was faulty, because I was able to directly connect. My direct connection is two floors down from my room so that isn't an option. So I went out and bought a new adapter and the problem persists. I tried all 3 USB ports and nothing! Can't believe I bought another one because of that douchebag "expert" over at Microsoft. That was $100 well spent.

It can not be my wireless network itself because my computer runs off of WiFi and its connected just fine and is about 5 feet away from my XBox.

Does anyone have any advice at all? Has anyone experienced this problem? I need to get back on. I miss owning with you fools. haha

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!:furious:

OMGz Turbo
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
owning? psssh...

Try logging into your router??

Or post this on xbox.com forums they are HUGE gurus with this ****

05GT
10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Well since your direct connection works fine, and you know the wireless router is functioning since your computer works off it. It can only be 1 of 3 things.

1. The Xbox is (perhaps lost for some odd reason) the right configuration or setup for the wireless adapter settings.
2. The router itself isn't allowing the traffic to pass through. The ports might not be forwarding. A good way to find out is assign the Xbox an IP address and then in the router setting under DMZ, enable it and set the DMZ IP Address to the same one you made the Xbox. This allows all traffic to pass through to that particular IP.
3. The Xbox is physically damaged.

Kuz
10-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Thanks a lot guys! I'll try that tomorrow when I have some more energy...

CHAOS
10-13-2007, 08:13 AM
hmm, i wonder if the drivers for the wireless adapter somehow got corrupted... let us know what happens kuz

goodfella732
10-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I was wondering what happened to you. Now that Im back we all need to get a game of r6v again.

Kuz
10-14-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah as soon as I figure this out, I'm in!

goodfella732
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I had a problem the other day that both my xbox and laptop had a same ip issue and booted me from live and wouldnt connect again. Maybe your running into a similar problem. When you run the connection test what does it do? Does it show the wireless adapter or does it fail right off the bat?

lagos
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
3. The Xbox is physically damaged.

highly doubt that.

you need to run your network tests. see what passes and what fails, and go from there.

Kuz
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I had a problem the other day that both my xbox and laptop had a same ip issue and booted me from live and wouldnt connect again. Maybe your running into a similar problem. When you run the connection test what does it do? Does it show the wireless adapter or does it fail right off the bat?

It cant find a connection at all. I think its "Can't find connection" or something. I did just get a new computer that is using a wireless connection as well. Think that could be a problem? How would I go about changing the IP addys? I'm retarded when it comes to networking....

TGilb2007
10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Try to check the IP that the PC is using, and also check to see what the 360 is trying to get. Does it connect when the PC is off? or at least when the wifi is off?

Kuz
10-18-2007, 12:38 PM
its actually a mac. But how can I find that crap out on my computer? On my XBox, it just lists 0's because it cant find a connection...

05GT
10-18-2007, 12:46 PM
highly doubt that.

you need to run your network tests. see what passes and what fails, and go from there.

I love how people pick out one little part of a post.

Did you read my #1. or my #2? Apparently not. It was option 3 meaning after he tries configurations changes, if nothing resolves the issue, then gee I wonder what it would be?

Kuz....you can also just assign the Xbox360 a static IP address. But as far as an IP conflict I highly doubt it. If your router is DHCP, and if you turn on one device at a time, it assigns a different IP to each device. It can't assign the same IP if its already taken.

Edit - On your Mac, wherever you manage your network connections is where you would find the IP for that computer.

CHAOS
10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
what kind of router is it?

you should be able to log into it using the 192.168.1.1 IP address in your browser... from there you should be able to set up either static or dynamic routing... i would set it to static since you are only using 2 devices... pick 2 ip addresses and see if that helps... if it doesnt... see what IP address ur computer pulls (not sure how to check on mac) and set the other IP address to DMZ host or something like that and that might help.

05GT
10-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Hmm.... lol...

2. The router itself isn't allowing the traffic to pass through. The ports might not be forwarding. A good way to find out is assign the Xbox an IP address and then in the router setting under DMZ, enable it and set the DMZ IP Address to the same one you made the Xbox. This allows all traffic to pass through to that particular IP.

CHAOS
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
haha ftw.

Kuz
10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
This is the screen with IP info that I have at work... It is the same at home... I wont post any more useless crap until I get home.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j84/SteveKuz/MillerVolpe/screen.jpg

lagos
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
you bought a wireless network adapter for the 360, right?
you need to go into your wireless networking settings in the 360, and tell what wifi spot to connect to. you might also need to enter your security info if your wifi has wep protection. then just let the 360 find its own IP address to dhcp.

you shouldnt have to change anything on the pc, since your going directly through the router and not through the pc.

hm... i should make a thread about my networking issue....

Kuz
10-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes I have the wireless antenna adapter.

The problem is that I've been playing for about 8 months without problem then all of a sudden it would not connect wirelessly about a month ago. My best guess is that some network information needs to be updated.

lagos
10-18-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah ... check your xbox wireless setup menu. it sounds like an easy fix.

Kuz
10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Got it to work. I had to reset my wireless settings in the system menu.