PDA

View Full Version : help... unkown gs-r issue

fisher0447
10-04-2007, 03:40 PM
hey guys i have a 95 integra gs-r. First off theres a horrible grind sound when im moving in 1-3 gear and the second i put my clutch in it stops. the tranny is new its a 2001 gs-r tranny so i dont think that is the issue so far. but it sounds horrible. The car drives absolutely fine though. Could it be my clutch. this also doesnt make sense becuase the clutch is an exedy stage 1 clutch with 1000 miles. also another problem i got is everytime in every gear when i go over 3000rpms it makes a grind sound right on 3 grand and thats it. nothing after or before i dont get it. any ideas

james_ls
10-04-2007, 03:55 PM
When you GO to put it in gear...or when your just off the clutch?

Throwout bearing?

Synchros?

fisher0447
10-06-2007, 01:17 PM
why driving it happens. When the clutch goes in and i switch gears its fine. Shifts smooth. most people say its my throwout????

CHR!S
10-07-2007, 06:07 AM
its your throwout bearing without a doubt. how many miles are on the tranny? have you done/had any work one to the tranny besides a new clutch?

07NHBPCivicSi
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
def 100% throwout bearing

EKcivicDX
10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
my civic trans does the same thing, hold the clutch in it goes away and everything, i thought it was the throwout bearing also...so i replaced the whole clutch, and it still did it...its my mainshaft bearing thats ****ed...

PeteCupo
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Loose linkage?

fisher0447
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
thanks guys im putting it in ground level customs on wednesday. I am pretty sure it is my throwout.

driftingrx5.7
10-09-2007, 11:57 AM
yeah man for sure its the throw out bearing. i had to do some of my friends bearing and the noise stopped! let us know what happens

lownslow95
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
same thing happend with my tranny in my ls-non vtec. it was the 3rd gear sincro's and that was it. i never got it fixed bcuz i totaled my car like a month later.

Blkmax
10-26-2007, 12:53 AM
a friend of mine has this problem, but its the input shaft bearing..

Acuraintegra98
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
do you have a short shifter or any kind of shifter changed cus when i changed to a short shifter i didnt tighten the bolt tight enough on the linkage and it makes a grind when im like off the gas but if i give it gas its fine..

SovXietday
11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
The first grinding 1-3 is probably your ISB, or mainshaft bearing. They're notorious for going in Honda's. Replacing the throwout may work, sometimes it's that bearing, but most often it's the ISB. They go bad because the mainshaft in the trans is always starting and stopping when you're on and off the clutch. If you take it somewhere to get fixed, just have all the bearings replaced, it's cheaper in the long run.

The 2nd grinding sounds like your common Honda exhaust rattle right around 3K. Does the car have a cat? How loud is it? Sometimes it sounds like something is scraping or like there is a bolt in your exhaust bouncing around somewhere.

fisher0447
11-07-2007, 08:36 PM
The first grinding 1-3 is probably your ISB, or mainshaft bearing. They're notorious for going in Honda's. Replacing the throwout may work, sometimes it's that bearing, but most often it's the ISB. They go bad because the mainshaft in the trans is always starting and stopping when you're on and off the clutch. If you take it somewhere to get fixed, just have all the bearings replaced, it's cheaper in the long run.

The 2nd grinding sounds like your common Honda exhaust rattle right around 3K. Does the car have a cat? How loud is it? Sometimes it sounds like something is scraping or like there is a bolt in your exhaust bouncing around somewhere.

thanks you were right about both it wasnt the throwout it was the isb bearing. and also the 3grand thing is my exhaust rattle your 2/2 ha thanks