PDA

View Full Version : Someone traded in a Turbo Civic SI

Racersky
10-02-2007, 02:46 AM
Today at the dealership I work at someone traded in a 2006 Civic Si that's turbo'd.......I had to clean the car up and noticed a Tristatetuners sticker on the driver side rear quarter window. I'm just wondering who it is on the forum and why did you trade the car in with the mods. Btw funny thing about this is the general sales manager told me that they are going to offer warranty on the car with the turbo kit which is crazy. The car is Habenero Red with an entire Greddy turbo kit and other accessories.

CHAOS
10-02-2007, 06:02 AM
its probably broken in some way or another.

Ender81
10-02-2007, 07:24 AM
You'd have to search but I seem to remember there being a Habanero Civic on here that was talking about having it turbocharged.

turbo4g63
10-02-2007, 08:29 AM
where at?

drew
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
that's funny, that makes three F/I cars on dealerships right now with tristatetuners vinyl ( i'm only talking F/I cars that wern't F/I from factory )

Gorilla Unit 33
10-02-2007, 10:44 AM
:lol: wow who taking bets that car is a purchaser's nightmare. i wouldnt doubt the old owner traded it in because of problems

eviltalon
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
u should go after it lj, once u trade in your hatch

Racersky
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Test drove it today after I finish detailing the interior.....the owner is dirty mofo. Car pulls like crazy but it will not pass emissions what so ever.

lagos
10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
so, does that mean that the dealership can't actually sell the car because of the emissions issue?

Ryza24
10-02-2007, 07:44 PM
i donno... i got sold a car that wouldnt pass inspection the tint was illegal and it was throwin a Cat CODE

MPowerKai
10-02-2007, 07:47 PM
They are not suppose to sell cars that cannot pass state inspection, they will get in trouble. My uncle works at a Volvo dealership and he told me they took in a worked STi on trade, the guy that took the trade was fired and the car was sold at a wholesale auction.

Jeffros Spec V
10-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I used to work at Reedman if you brought a modified car for trade they would deduct what it would cost them to put it back to stock on the appraisal

Racersky
10-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Nope......the car will be sold with Warranty on the car. They are going to put on a cat on the car so it can pass emissions.

tjf
10-03-2007, 09:11 AM
They are not suppose to sell cars that cannot pass state inspection, they will get in trouble. My uncle works at a Volvo dealership and he told me they took in a worked STi on trade, the guy that took the trade was fired and the car was sold at a wholesale auction.

usually its cars with any modifications even if they will pass inspection that will be wholesaled.

i traded my eclipse in and all it had really was a CAI and exhaust (with all cats and resinators attached still) and they told me it would be wholesaled

goodfella732
10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
It depends on the mods and how much its going to cost the dealer to get the car to a sellable state. We had cars and trucks come in with all kinds of mods. We had a 03 Evo get traded in with catless turboback, intake, BOV, and metal to metal brakes on all 4 corners. We wholesaled it because it was going to cost way to much to repair it and sell it. Car ended up auctioned to a dealer down the highway to us and brought it to our dealer to fix everything. lol.

BrickyardZ03
10-03-2007, 09:47 AM
if a car is older than i think like 2000 or it has over 100K on it they will send them to auctions alot of the time. thats what the told me with my talon

Ender81
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
All that really matters is wether they will be able to sell the car at a high enough profit to make it viable for them to keep. The number of cars on a lot affect the insurance costs and such. So if a car is say only worth say $5000 and they gave you $4000 chances are they will just send it auction and make a couple bucks on it rather then go through the trouble of cleaning it, inspecting it, putting it out on the lot and dealing with people trying to haggle so the dealership ends up only making a couple hundred anyway.

Also I know dealerships that will wholesale a car if it doesn't fit in with what they regularly sell. As an example I have a friend that owns a dealership that sells mainly family cars under 10K so on the occassion that he gets a car that's really nice but would sell for say 15K he knows people don't go to his dealership to spend that so he will send it to auction rather then have it sit for a couple of months.

drew
10-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I used to work at Reedman if you brought a modified car for trade they would deduct what it would cost them to put it back to stock on the appraisal

that's rough

i got 11 for my tib trading it in, and i only paid 12 when i bought it FROM the dealership

07NHBPCivicSi
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
most of u are worong lol....that car will never ever have a facotry HONDA warrenty UNLESS they replace all the factory parts, the only warrenty that car will have is prob universal underwriters or something. btw i have a 07 si anything u can grab off it let me know ASAP

JerseyAccord
10-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah it will still have the factory warranty on it, but all warranties state that if a part is replaced w/ aftermarket it is no longer covered and if a part fails as a result of an aftermarket part it is not covered. Saying that it still has the warranty means that basically anything on the engine is not covered but if his power seat stops working its covered lol

Racersky
10-04-2007, 01:22 AM
good god...........they want 24,999 for it!!!!! THats likes buying a brand new 07

07NHBPCivicSi
10-04-2007, 10:21 AM
good god...........they want 24,999 for it!!!!! THats likes buying a brand new 07

thats a fully loaded si plus som cash haha

JerseyTuscani
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
damn drew i wish i knew what dealership ur tib was at. i'd love to get my hands on that sniper kit. i'd tell the dealership i'll give you 1000 dollars plus i'll return the car to stock.

LSHatch
10-05-2007, 11:12 AM
i traded my eclipse in and all it had really was a CAI and exhaust (with all cats and resinators attached still) and they told me it would be wholesaled

They lied to you. A normal dealership will sell anything. They tell you "we have to wholesale it", so they can convince you to sell it to them for less.

Racersky
10-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Someone traded in an M6 with Maya wheels and it looks sick......sucks the owner couldn't afford the payments.

CleanNeon98
10-08-2007, 10:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-6-SPEED-GREDDY-TURBO-KIT-254-HP_W0QQitemZ300157880715QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6256QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is this the one??

Racersky
10-09-2007, 04:37 AM
yuperz that's it.....can't pass emissions for anything.

turbo4g63
10-09-2007, 08:40 AM
no way in hell would i trade that car in with all those mods. that guy must have taken a huge hit when he traded it in

Zillon
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Ninja, which dealer traded it at Thompson?

I'd bet whoever traded it in, traded up to an IS. Shame I'm not at home and working there right now, or I could actually see how much it was traded for. :mrgreen:

And on a side note, my lot looks like poop.

evomike
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
its at thompson right, and its been a new thing with theese dealers selling illegal cars, fred beans just sold a modded sti with hydra on it i dont get how they can sell theese things

Vince@R/TTuning
10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
It should pass emmisions with a greddy emanage ultimate...its only a piggy back system

Zillon
10-09-2007, 02:19 PM
its at thompson right, and its been a new thing with theese dealers selling illegal cars, fred beans just sold a modded sti with hydra on it i dont get how they can sell theese things

You talking about that white STi? I saw that one sitting on their lot over the summer.

Sounded great though.

I think the reason the Civic won't pass is due to a lack of a cat? Correct me if I'm wrong.

evomike
10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
i dunno about the civic and a cat but yes the sti was white and has te's on it

Vince@R/TTuning
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I think the reason the Civic won't pass is due to a lack of a cat? Correct me if I'm wrong.

well as long as the check engine light is not on it should pass emmisions there is no visual inspection of emmision components...

dt98gsr
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Regardless of the Greddy e-manage system, if he is running a race header he won't pass emissions and whether or not he is throwing a CEL is hit or miss. My guess is either some stupid kid who got too many speeding tickets and mommy and daddy made him get rid of his car or some spoiled kid who traded it in for something nicer. Either way :thumbdown:

tjf
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
i still wanna know who trades in a brand new car with 5k miles on it without there being something seriously wrong with it

Zillon
10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
i dunno about the civic and a cat but yes the sti was white and has te's on it

Yup, that'd be the one.

I was walking around the Beans lot one night looking at the new WRX wagon, and saw that car.

Even so, if the Si checks out for the most, might not be a bad deal. Not at 24,995, but I'd put a bet on it that the Si was traded at around 15-17k or so, so there's some room to play. :thumbup:

evomike
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I got 18k for trade on my 06 with 19k miles, there may be some room but not that much the new bodied si holds its value very well similar to the ek si and the mk4 r32, where used is not much cheaper then new and when new doesn't exist used is more expensive then new was

Zillon
10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I got 18k for trade on my 06 with 19k miles, there may be some room but not that much the new bodied si holds its value very well similar to the ek si and the mk4 r32, where used is not much cheaper then new and when new doesn't exist used is more expensive then new was

You might be right, with 5k miles, I'd say they might have given the buyer 19-20k.

I'm really curious to find out what that car was traded for now.

ITSTOCK
10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
It was kind of already hit on, but how can dealers legally sell a car that can't pass emissions? (especially when they don't state it in the ad, or did I miss it in the ebay ad?)

The new civics are pretty cool looking cars too! 250rwhp in a little car like that must make it scoot!

dt98gsr
10-09-2007, 08:46 PM

This is true when I bought my FG in April I was deciding between a used '05 or a '06 RSX Type S or a Newer Si. Most of the used Si's weren't selling for much less than what I could get a brand new '07 for, and when you factored in the interest rate on a new car loan vs. a used car loan on top of a 2.9% buyers incentive the month I purchase my Si, and the fact that you can't beat a brand new car. It wasn't hard to make my decision.

It was kind of already hit on, but how can dealers legally sell a car that can't pass emissions? (especially when they don't state it in the ad, or did I miss it in the ebay ad?)

The new civics are pretty cool looking cars too! 250rwhp in a little car like that must make it scoot!

I have no idea how they are gonna get away with that, I guess theres a reason why we call them stealerships, most of them have questionable business practices.

And I love my Si! And I'm sure it was just a typo but its 250fwhp.

Me personally I would rather throw a Comptech Supercharger on my Si and keep it reliable as opposed to going with the Greddy or AJP turbo kits, but thats just me.

Vince@R/TTuning
10-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Regardless of the Greddy e-manage system, if he is running a race header he won't pass emissions and whether or not he is throwing a CEL is hit or miss. My guess is either some stupid kid who got too many speeding tickets and mommy and daddy made him get rid of his car or some spoiled kid who traded it in for something nicer. Either way :thumbdown:

not to get off topic but i have my emmision license and for OBD2 there is not any spot for a visual check of the vehicle...you dont even pop the hood...you pull the vehicle in connect to the obd2 port and as long as the readiness monitors are run and there is not check engine light, and all of the vin numbers and tag numbers match...it passes I have talked to the area state emmisions inspector and also the area recertification instructor and they both say the same thing.

at any rate i dynoed this car and i feel the reason he traded it in is cause it didnt make the power he was hoping for and just got bored, the previous owner was older and wasnt some spoiled kid and seemed like he had a good job. it seemed like he has had his share of newer modded up cars and was just lockin for somthin RWD..if i recall the conversation, as far as i know this vehicle was pretty mechanically sound

Racersky
10-09-2007, 11:05 PM
The dude traded in his SI for an IS lol

Zillon
10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
The dude traded in his SI for an IS lol

I called that one. :mrgreen:

tretiak
10-10-2007, 01:16 AM
when i was working at rothrock last year we had a guy trade in a 02 gti 1.8t with fmic,3in exhaust, and upgraded turbo it sold within a week of being on the lot i think an older couple bought it for 15.999 and there was nothing wrong with it

jspek
10-10-2007, 02:02 AM
not to get off topic but i have my emmision license and for OBD2 there is not any spot for a visual check of the vehicle...you dont even pop the hood...you pull the vehicle in connect to the obd2 port and as long as the readiness monitors are run and there is not check engine light, and all of the vin numbers and tag numbers match...it passes I have talked to the area state emmisions inspector and also the area recertification instructor and they both say the same thing.

at any rate i dynoed this car and i feel the reason he traded it in is cause it didnt make the power he was hoping for and just got bored, the previous owner was older and wasnt some spoiled kid and seemed like he had a good job. it seemed like he has had his share of newer modded up cars and was just lockin for somthin RWD..if i recall the conversation, as far as i know this vehicle was pretty mechanically sound

id believe that. guy prob grew tired of fwd haha.

Racersky
10-10-2007, 02:17 AM
id believe that. guy prob grew tired of fwd haha.

so he decided to get rwd lol

jspek
10-10-2007, 02:24 AM
well that is where all the fun is at. get a sr powered 240 or hell even a ka-t...youll prob be like

oh damn 240 > tc

lol.

zionrug
10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Me personally I would rather throw a Comptech Supercharger on my Si and keep it reliable as opposed to going with the Greddy or AJP turbo kits, but thats just me.

AJP'd sedan here running 8.5 Psi reliably for over 5000 miles.

I'm actually pondering getting rid of mine for an IS since I'm getting bored with it and there is no tuning available for the foreseable future.

I keep trying to talk myself into getting a used IS 5 speed and either doing a 2JZGTE swap or a Swift Racing turbo kit.

Zillon
10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
AJP'd sedan here running 8.5 Psi reliably for over 5000 miles.

I'm actually pondering getting rid of mine for an IS since I'm getting bored with it and there is no tuning available for the foreseable future.

I keep trying to talk myself into getting a used IS 5 speed and either doing a 2JZGTE swap or a Swift Racing turbo kit.

Thinking of a used manual IS300? Good luck in this region. So few were actually produced and sold, and so few have not been abused.

zionrug
10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Thinking of a used manual IS300? Good luck in this region. So few were actually produced and sold, and so few have not been abused.

Actually there's one about 10 minutes from me. A black 03 with 50K and 5 speed for 20 Grand.

Zillon
10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Actually there's one about 10 minutes from me. A black 03 with 50K and 5 speed for 20 Grand.

:bigeek:

You're an ass. :mrgreen:

Though I'd rather not get black. Still.

evomike
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
there are 5 speed is's everywhere i was gonna buy one but they get horrible gas mileage and are slow stock and thats how it was gonna stay

Racersky
12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Someone actually bought the turbo si.....amazing I'm not entirely sure who purchased it but I talked to one of the salesman up at lexus and they said it's sold to a young teenager.

Keeper1343
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
well i think they are going to screw themselves for selling that car... I am tired of hearing this kind of stuff

Racersky
12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
hearing what type of stuff? A young teenager buying a fast car? If your talking about them selling the car period than you must understand that a sale is a sale.

Zillon
12-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Someone actually bought the turbo si.....amazing I'm not entirely sure who purchased it but I talked to one of the salesman up at lexus and they said it's sold to a young teenager.

They sold it to a guy up in new england, they delivered it at 8PM on Friday the 23rd.

The aftermarket oil pressure gauge didn't work, and the E-manage was just tossed into the glove box and not secured down. Otherwise, the car seemed ok, and drove fine. I rode in it on my way back from Montgomeryville Acura after dropping off a lease return.

justinlansdale
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
the car looks really clean from the pictures, but then again it is basically brand new with mileage like that. goodluck to the new owner.

04AV6 6SPD
12-04-2007, 09:06 PM
if they gona put it to stock, somebody should jump on deals for turbo kit lol

Zillon
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
if they gona put it to stock, somebody should jump on deals for turbo kit lol

It's been sold already.

Racersky
12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
they haven't return the car to stock they sold the car as is I believe