PDA

View Full Version : Fwd into a AWD

x2fast4u57x
09-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if you can take a FWD turbo motor from a laser and put it into an AWD talon turbo if everything would line up.. the axles would have the right mounts and etc.. and also if anyone has the tranny bolts i would love to buy them off of you.. thanks

Gregory
09-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I believe everything should bolt up and be good (assuming they are the same year/gen) with the exception of you needing an AWD clutch and flywheel.

malloyboy1
09-26-2007, 11:13 PM
it will bolt up, i have buddy who did it. there are some things here and there you will need but i cant really say becasue i dont wanna go into too much detail and throw you off. i know my buddy did it and it worked fine. it took a while but ran great. good luck sorry for the foggy info

x2fast4u57x
09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
the anything that i think may be a probelm is the driver side axle half shaft bolting up to something... but if u can give me some more detail about what he did.. if u want.. thanks

redline
09-27-2007, 08:14 PM
I believe the 4G block is the same.

turbo4g63
09-27-2007, 08:27 PM
the anything that i think may be a probelm is the driver side axle half shaft bolting up to something... but if u can give me some more detail about what he did.. if u want.. thanks

half shafts bolting up to something? they should slide right into place. you aren't changing the location of anything so they should go right back into place.

enigma
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
I think this swap on a 2g is fairly easy, due to the brackets and whatnot on the car, but i think that it is hard for a 1g to do the swap.
Check out DSMtuners.com, or philadelphiadsm.com for more info.