PDA

View Full Version : Car alarms

LilWheezy75
07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Im looking to upgrade my current alarm on my lincoln.. i want something wit good protection..Auto start and preffereably the LcD key chains.... Anyone have anysuggestions on a good alarm system.. with some prices because circuit city is offering the total system for 500 dollars.. That seems to be a little much for me.. so im looking for a good deal on a good systemm PLease help me!

alachua
07-31-2005, 10:50 PM
when it comes to security, it falls under the old rule:

Cheap, Good, Fast -> pick two.

Security is 20% system, 70% install, 5% option, 5% user.

What are you looking to protect against? What is the most common way vehicles like yours get stolen? How do you eliminate or make exceedingly difficult those common ways.

Unfortunatly, for what you want, expect to pay a minimum of $500, assuming mediocre install. I am a manager for circuit city, but I will be 100% honest, when it comes to true security, unless you have a detailed conversation with the installer, I would consider other options. Any install where the brain can be easily accessed or defeated is pretty useless. That means hours of labor, and usually a battery back up. Interior sirens are a must if you wish to ward off theft of items in the vehicle.

-Cliff

sfd
07-31-2005, 10:56 PM
im bias because my friend worked for a few custom shops/commercial shops who were distributors of Compustar. He has one on every one of his cars. A total bitch to install but very lovely alarms. Not cheap by any means.

SilverTurboRidin
07-31-2005, 11:46 PM
We have a decent alarm on the SRT. I wanna say its viper. but im not positive, It has 10 sensors throughout the body. two on the trunk, one on the hood. All four wheels have sensors for when someone trys stealing the rims..

And it has a remote, with a little LCD screen that tells you what sensor is going off.

LilWheezy75
08-01-2005, 01:12 AM
well im realy tryin to protect the car from theft of my future system... I dont want to get subs and an amp speakers and everything.. and have it stolen.. thats all im realy worried about.. i believe the car has an alarm.. i jus have the hardest time setting it off.. believe me i tried.

hotflames786
08-02-2005, 04:55 PM
VIPER!!!!!!! I have the Viper 791xv on my car and it works great for me. It's the remote start/alarm yadayada....I bought the actual unit on ebay for like 200 something, then luckily i have a brother and brother in law to install the stuff. I worked at circuit city til may this year we used to have the *bad* (wont' curse) brand codealarm...now they have the DEI stuff again, which makes viper, hornet, etc...highly recommend one of those. Not sure if they have the 791 but im sure they have some sort of other remote start/alarm...feastervilles kinda far from where I worked (Montgomeryville) but if you're looking for a good installer, go to Montgomeryville and ask to have Bill or Marcus...Bill's my brother in law, worked there for 9 years, doesnt do low quality jobs....marcus is now the shop manager...used to be bill but now he works part time so they switched....just in case that's what you're looking for....that's my recommendation...DEI stuff and make sure its a good installer...forget what the price is for the install i think it was like 180 plus whatever parts..usually just a few little things..hope that helps!