PDA

View Full Version : anyone have info on getting an auto salesman license?

On Sale
09-16-2007, 12:51 PM
im curious, i didnt know you needed a license. any restrictions? anything i should know, a test? i searched google but all that came up for pages and pages was drivers license information.

TripleBlack9SE
09-16-2007, 12:58 PM
auto salesman license? is that the official name of the title your looking to get?

or do you want to be able to go to the auctions and stuff???

lownslow95
09-16-2007, 12:59 PM
i didn't know they had such a thing

drew
09-16-2007, 01:00 PM
a dealer license?

call LJ i think he knows someone with one, maybe he can hook you up with some info

i don't think you need a license to sell cars, just insurance and financial things. i'm pretty sure you mean a dealer license, are you trying to buy cars at auction or something?

On Sale
09-16-2007, 01:09 PM
no, heres the deal. I been working at this used lot detailing for some time now. They sell modded cars. SRT-4's with like 400 hp. a procharged mustang, civic si's, 350z's camaro's..... 1.8t's and GLI's.... you get the point. Well when people come in to look at cars i sometimes talk to them about the car, point out mods done. Its just me and 2 dudes that work there. The 2 owners. Well the one said i know alot about cars and would be more useful as a salesman because hey have minor knowledge to modded cars.

So he said i need to pay $100 to get a license for selling cars. I dont know what it means, or anything thats why im asking. I think he said something like i need a license to legally sell cars, i dunno. Im not too sure.

But anyway, il be selling cars by the middle of this week, and if anyone is looking for a sporty car (srt4,1.8t) whatever, should come see me cause il hook them up. But thats not the point of this topic, the point is, does anyone know what my boss was talking about??

slobaru
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure he's just trying to take 100$ from you lol.

You need a Dealer License in order to sell cars, yes. But I am pretty sure anyone can be employed by a DEALER and sell cars.

On Sale
09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
i dought he is trying to take 100 bucks from me. because he told me to go get it. i will have to talk more with him about it tomarrow

goodfella732
09-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Im pretty sure he is referring to a dealer's license but that shouldn't be needed to sell cars. Maybe its different at the small little lots compared to a dealer? I know at the dealers I worked in the sale dept. had such a high turn over rated I highly doubt there was some kind of license needed.