PDA

View Full Version : Legal?

apexanimal
09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
what's legal in nj? i can't find the information anywhere...

i have factory tint in the rear windows (don't know what percentage) and i'd like the front windows done but i don't know what is considered legal...

thanks.

05OCsrt-4
09-11-2007, 05:26 PM
i lived in jersey for almost 17 years, you can not have any tint on your front windows. they will pull you over and give you a ticket. That is unless they changed the law which i highly doubt.

redline
09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
i lived in jersey for almost 17 years, you can not have any tint on your front windows. they will pull you over and give you a ticket. That is unless they changed the law which i highly doubt.

Your right, no window tint ahead of the driver

Shades of Gray
09-12-2007, 08:29 AM

yes yes...this is true. We get NJ customers in all the time. I'd say it's about a 50/50 split between ones who tint their fronts and those who let them go. Another strange NJ tint law is if you have aftermarket tint in the rear windshield...and you have a 3rd brake light, you have to have the tint cut out around the 3rd brake light. Now these things are highly forced by inspection. Fortunately NJ is every 2 years...4 years for brand new cars. Thats why some people do a lighter film on the fronts and change it at inspection, and you CAN get pulled over for it...so it's not for me to persuade to or fro.

Ryan

apexanimal
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
that's what i thought...

damn - just wanted to check. thanks.

JerseyAccord
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah many cops in jersey are real assholes about it. Ive heard of times when the cop actually had them remove the tint there before they could drive away. And if you get a ticket for it in some cities you are required to have a court date where the inspect to see if the tint was removed, if its not removed another more severe ticket no driving till the tint is off. They are nuts :roll: