PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to the Don for my new UTEC!

stichris
02-17-2005, 05:42 AM
Thanks, Bryan, for the good deal.

THis thing is great, and I now feel inclined to keep buying party. I need a wideband o2@!# We've been doing basic tuning, scaling back boost so that the IDC doesn't max out, etc.

The car is already silly fast, and I can't wait until the downpipe goes on. I'm going with a helix catless.

Chris

teh DIRT
02-17-2005, 08:24 AM
awesome. your on the path to STi greatness. Now upgrade that silver thing that spins the air

97TSi
02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
All the helix stuff I've seen looks flawless and gorgeous.
Sounds awesome.

wrx_snobordr
02-17-2005, 11:35 AM
The helix stuff is incredible... it sounds amazing aswell. If you havent bought it already i know you can get it from extremem psi, they match prices and i the bes ive found it for is 259.99 on vividracing.com. Thats a really good deal.

the mike
02-17-2005, 01:12 PM
I got my Helix from Gruppe-S. They are a great company. Vivid has had a few bad reviews...

TROLL
02-17-2005, 02:01 PM
the trick is to get it from extreme psi locally which has it in stock, and ask them to pricematch ;).
chris is in class all day but he's calling them with his cc number shortly and i'm going to pick up the downpipe later this afternoon. this car is getting really fast, really quickly.
bryan

Padge
02-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Bryan.... is that new shop decent?

I am looking to get a Helix catted DP... maybe I will give them a call.

naSTI
02-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I think I'm getting sick.

:(

./Da Bomb

TROLL
02-17-2005, 06:08 PM
yeah they seem good, and they have a good amount of stuff in stock which is nice. you also get the local support. i asked him if he could match vivid's price on the downpipe, and he thought about it for a second and then agreed. (by the way, i would never actually buy anything from vivid, yuck!).
so all in all i would definitely recommend them. i actually mentioned the forum to him today and he said he is going to check it out. we'll see if we cant work out some sort of deal there for TST guys :thumbup:
bryan

MuddyREX
02-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey guys, I got my HKS carbon titanium exhaust from Vivid for $599. They ain't so bad.

wrx_snobordr
02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
the trick is to get it from extreme psi locally which has it in stock, and ask them to pricematch ;).
chris is in class all day but he's calling them with his cc number shortly and i'm going to pick up the downpipe later this afternoon. this car is getting really fast, really quickly.
bryan

That was my point.

Vypurr
02-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Guys. Anything you need check out http://www.revitupmotorsports.net

I work for them, and the owner can really help you guys out! (he will be comin out to a few meets soon!)

Anything you need, contact them, and they should be able to get it. And they are local, so you don't have to shell out the shipping!

I KNOW they have the Innovative Motorsports Wideband Kits instock for you!

stichris
02-20-2005, 12:24 PM
The helix downpipe rules, but now I have a HUGE boost creep problem. Turbo is coming out, and most likely going to deadbolt for their blackhole wastegate flapper, and port. Might as well get a monster port while it's there, and ceramic coating...

But that got me thinking. I might as well just get their superzilla turbo.

http://www.boostplanet.com/superz.JPG

All I need are modified injectors and the walbro 255lph. Frontmount would have to be in the near future, but running conservative boost levels, the stock topmount would suffice for a little bit.

Ooooh, boost, i'm addicted.

Vypurr
02-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Its ok, it happens to the best of us!!!

I am considering dumping all my cash into my car once again toO!