PDA

View Full Version : Rally Racing

cranshinibon
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I've been just getting into WRC and I was wondering a few things.

What other rally racing championships are there because the episodes I've been watching don't feature the evo or even mitsubishi in any way.

Also, what is Ralliart, when I wikipedia'd it they said its the division of mitsubishi motorsports but there is very limited information on it.

I never thought I'd get so addicted to the races but i've watched all the races from new zealand, monte carlo, deutchland, and finland today. though for some reason they are all really recent and dont have a lot of older races

Renegade_
08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
They don't show the older cars because despite privateers entering, the manufacturer teams are always about 5 years ahead in technology and engineering.

cranshinibon
08-23-2007, 06:30 PM
oh wow thats pretty cool lol i was wondering why i didn't see any older subarus. any idea on the other racing championships i could buy dvds of and watch? the weird thing about the wrc is i can't find any episodes earlier than 2006

Willdue
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
rally racing is the ****. I wish i could get intop that

cranshinibon
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
rally racing is the ****. I wish i could get intop that

same here but like a lot of people have said on here it's turned itself into a rich man's sport which sucks because....well, im not a rich man nor even close to it lol. however, i do plan on heading down to the rally training tracks in florida when I decide what kind of car im buying next year.

Vypurr
08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
It's not impossible to get into. If you are serious, you should be out looking for events to start working. You should read up on rally races. Learn the courses they will be running. Then start looking to be a co-driver for some amatuer drivers.

You can also try some local rally cross events to see if you really like it.

Willdue
08-23-2007, 07:07 PM
yea, dont ever say impossible. Juss determination. If i ever get a better job and another car, im getting into either micros or rally.

cranshinibon
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
i would love to get into rallying...a friend of mine said he'd totally navigate for me. ever since i started getting into cars rally was where i wanted to be. the straight away track races were always cool to me but the excitement of the wrc just kind of left me breathless

Willdue
08-23-2007, 07:28 PM
it takes ALOT of skill to rally and navigate.

fballman1987
08-23-2007, 07:34 PM
it takes ALOT of skill to rally and navigate.

do you have that skill?

el_jefe
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Mitsubishi has been out of rally for a while, no money. A lot of the manufactures have been taking a bit of a break. There is a pretty solid US Rally organization, check out GRM (Grass Roots Motorsports) or SCC for coverage. And for the 06 WRC season, click the link

http://www.enormouslysideways.net/wrc2006.html

He also hosts the 07 races as they happen. Feel free to donate, he does that out of the kindness of his heart.

BMS
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
yea, dont ever say impossible. Juss determination. If i ever get a better job and another car, im getting into either micros or rally.

it funny if cleanneon would of said this, everybuddy would be laughing saying its impossible for you to rally

Willdue
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
it funny if cleanneon would of said this, everybuddy would be laughing saying its impossible for you to rally

lol meh, its a forum, they dont know ;)

cranshinibon
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Mitsubishi has been out of rally for a while, no money. A lot of the manufactures have been taking a bit of a break. There is a pretty solid US Rally organization, check out GRM (Grass Roots Motorsports) or SCC for coverage. And for the 06 WRC season, click the link

http://www.enormouslysideways.net/wrc2006.html

He also hosts the 07 races as they happen. Feel free to donate, he does that out of the kindness of his heart.

that is simply amazing...i donated 10 bucks because it is awesome he did that. thanks so much for the link...i am now updated on the 2006 wrc and the 2007 wrc....just made a torrent with all of the 2006 together to share the love. do you know where i can find the wrc04 and wrc05?

lol people seem to have a knack for picking on c/n since he went through A LOT of ideas with his car that were pretty farfetch'd i think if anyone puts their mind to it and actually trains to gain the skill then they can do anything they put their mind to.

:furious: (i just love this smiley)

92dxman
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
It takes alot of money to play with a rally car. I have crewed for a friend of mine on numerous rallies and it is far from cheap. For example, he rallies an 85 vw gti. For a 20 year old car, it cost him $10-12k in prep, construction, safety equipment, etc. On top of that, you need to factor in a well equipped trailer, a tow vehicle, supplies, tires, gas, lodging, and entry fees, it is downright expensive. Entry fees for a one day rally will run you anywhere from $500 to $1k. What I would suggest to you is attend a couple rallycrosses, try out a couple tsd rallies and volunteer at a couple rallies and soak up the atmosphere there. It truly is a rich man's sport. The cost is just driving all the little guys out of it left and right.

Vypurr
08-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Watch this video. It gives you a real good idea of just how much money goes into a rally team and their cars!

Torrent Link (http://www.mininova.org/tor/857408)

el_jefe
08-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Last time I checked, a Prodrive trans runs about $300k

Best way to make a million dollars racing? Start with 2 million.

You can rally cross for cheap, but I would still make sure that it's not your DD, and have some sort of tow vehicle.

foolio
09-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I work for Rallispec here in NJ. Yes it can be expensive but its all how competitive you want to be. If your going for a championship you push and spend the extra money. But if your just starting out you would need a car, FIA certified cage, good suspension, good HID lamp pods, Rally wheels and tires. There are entry fees, Fuel, lodging and all the other stuff that goes with racing far away from home. Then there is always the possibility that you go off. Then car has to be repaired. Which can be anything from small body damage to replacing the whole entire car. For the most part you would be constantly replacing control arms, laterial links, trailing arms, wheels and tires. But as long as you keep it on the road its really not too too bad. But sometimes its hard to do. There are some sites out there for more info. Try www.rally-america.com They run the US National Championship.

Here is an awesome WRC Group B video. These cars were around during the early 80s, Some of them around 600hp or more. It just became to dangerous so it all got shut down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ADXtD_cTAhY

Jodie

FlashFive
09-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Rallying is just a ruthless sport, if you watched the x-games rally events you would get a small taste of how aggressive the drivers are.