PDA

View Full Version : Madden 08'...upsetting

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 12:19 PM
*Posted in wrong part of forum, please move!*

Maybe I am the only one but I think the offense is major suckage. Sure, the graphics are stunning and the defense is amazing but the offense is just plain crap. It's like dating someone who looks great but has the mind of a centipede. I have thrown so many int. because the QB has to wait for the WR to cut or draw back or he ends up throwing down field into coverage or I end up taking a sack/loss of yardage. Also, (not because I am an Eagle hater) why is McNabb rated so high when last season he was injured for most of it? Why is it that they can get Bryan Dawkins injured almost every damn game and not McNabb?

The game is just mehhh to me....I hope they either come out with an update soon or I may be selling it.

Im2Slow
08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe you just need to get use to it? mcnabb does comercials and is over rated in real life so why cant he be overated in the game?

i havent had a chance to play it yet, so i dont know how the gameplay is.

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Maybe you just need to get use to it? mcnabb does comercials and is over rated in real life so why cant he be overated in the game?

i havent had a chance to play it yet, so i dont know how the gameplay is.No I have played Madden 2k and the years before and the AI for offense was a LOT better.

BlackBulletTSi
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
agreed, the offense blows played it the other day. very dissappointing

futuredsmowner
08-21-2007, 12:49 PM
offense sucks....you cant run the ball, everyone fumbles, noone can stay on their blocks. Plus on defense, its way to easy to pick off passes and take them to the house. I just switched from ps2 to 360 and in 4 preseason games i have 8 int's taken to the house. (yes i play on all madden)

doug
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
*Posted in wrong part of forum, please move!*

Maybe I am the only one but I think the offense is major suckage. Sure, the graphics are stunning and the defense is amazing but the offense is just plain crap. It's like dating someone who looks great but has the mind of a centipede. I have thrown so many int. because the QB has to wait for the WR to cut or draw back or he ends up throwing down field into coverage or I end up taking a sack/loss of yardage. Also, (not because I am an Eagle hater) why is McNabb rated so high when last season he was injured for most of it? Why is it that they can get Bryan Dawkins injured almost every damn game and not McNabb?

The game is just mehhh to me....I hope they either come out with an update soon or I may be selling it.

....... sigh.....

Wasn't Mcnabb's stats for yardage etc on top of the league like even 3 weeks after he was injured and out....?

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 01:36 PM
That I would have to look up....

At least Reed looks skinnier in the game lol

jspek
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
is this a sorry attempt tp piss eagles fans off? lol. i havent played 08 yet so i have no idea.

doug
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
That I would have to look up....

At least Reed looks skinnier in the game lol

Pretty sure they were, I even remember Mcnabb saying and boasting about the fact on a report after his injury.

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
is this a sorry attempt tp piss eagles fans off? lol. i havent played 08 yet so i have no idea.Umm no...the thread states the GAME is disappointing. Pretty sure I specifically said "NOT because I am an Eagle hater" just examples I could pull from playing the past few nights and everyone I play against just happens to play as the Eagles.

doug
08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I hear you just have to be more precise with your throwing, because the interceptions are more lifelike now.

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I hear you just have to be more precise with your throwing, because the interceptions are more lifelike now.That's not what I mean...I mean that even if you do the QB view to be more precise if the WR did not cut or is where he is suppose to be (the WR have to go off route or whatever if they are being covered well) the QB will just throw down the field or into coverage. That's not lifelike! LOL

doug
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
dont throw it then, scramble... haha. Oh wait.. roflsberger cant scramble... :P

streetAssasin96
08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Before Mcnabb got injured last season he had the highest # of completions (if i do remember correctly), so maybe they just used that because they did start making 08 last year. In a couple more weeks they'll have the update on live and it will make everything normal again

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
dont throw it then, scramble... haha. Oh wait.. roflsberger cant scramble... :PActually...when I played against the Bears with Big Ben he was actually getting all my rushing TD's. I told you the game is so effed up right now!

james_ls
08-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I got frustrated with 07.

Honestly wasn't expecting a whole lot from 08.

Anyone wanna play on Live (add me please).

dynasty
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM
ill play u, then we can have a interception fest :)

SexyDSM95
08-21-2007, 03:38 PM
ill play u, then we can have a interception fest :)...butt secks :wink: ??? and thanks for the cars again!

james_ls
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I need cars...

...boo.

dynasty
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I need cars...

...boo.

ha, wat class u need some cars for?

2drStunner
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
yea my first thought on this game was holy sh*t i love this game.....now i have to admit the int's are a lil much!

ToTheIX's
08-21-2007, 05:49 PM
i dont mind it, i mean yea i get pissed throwin pics too....but i didnt think it was too hard to learn how not to throw them......i mean seriously someone on your team is always open...you just have to find them, you cant zero in on one receiver and wait for him to get open....and like said, when the receiver breaks..thats when to throw, just know where they are breaking and watch that they are breakin inside defenders and not out....bc you will def be picked

Im2Slow
08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Just played it for the first time , i was the eagles and beat the cowboys 24-18 . , i threw 2 interceptions and 3 fumbles they had 2 fumbles.
fun game

blu4door
08-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't care for the madden series anymore. I doubt I will buy this years.