PDA

View Full Version : Best 1/4mile run 15.046 how much 14 degree timing help

95blk5.0stang
08-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm going to advance my time to many 14 degrees n use 93octane. Does anybody know what gains of hp or how many tenths could be knocked off my 1/4mile time with a 13-14degree timing on Sn95 mustang.

enigma
08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Run as much timing as you can, without having detonation on your motor.

teh DIRT
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
yeah but dont just jump to 14....thats like...a lot. baby steps.

05GT
08-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Are you stock in every other way?

turbo4g63
08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
judging by his #'s in his garage, he is more than likely pretty much stock. I agree with Pete, baby steps man, don't just bump the timing a bunch

WhiteFiveO
08-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Be careful bumping it that much like the other guys said detonation also the car will run a little bit hotter

Sled
08-22-2007, 11:02 PM
14degrees is fine. anything higher, then take baby steps(i probably wouldnt go any higher). i've bumped a few SN95s up and i didnt notice anything. it seems to work better on fox bodies, but hey give it a shot. you got nothing to lose. make sure you pull the pill out when ajusting the timing.

RayArroyo
08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
get yourself a knock detection tool . bump up the timing little by little till your ecu sees some knock once it sees knock then back it off about 2 degrees. i reccomend using some type of divice; do not wit till theres audible kncok

Sled
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
mustangs dont have knock sensors.

05GT
08-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Your kidding right? Because they definitly do.

Sled
08-23-2007, 08:24 PM
no 5.0 does!

sponsored1
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Your kidding right? Because they definitly do.

YOUR kidding right? Because they definitly DONT.

enigma
08-23-2007, 10:24 PM
the 5.0 that i helped to drop into a early 90's bronco has a knock sensor on it, it is right on the drivers side of the intake manifold, in the middle.

Sled
08-23-2007, 11:56 PM
there is a air intake temp sensor and a coolant temp sensor, thats it. 5.0 and 5.8s do not have knock sensors.

05GT
08-24-2007, 02:21 AM
YOUR kidding right? Because they definitly DONT.

Umm dumb ass...until his last post, he didn't specify which, he just said...mustangs don't have knock sensors and that is NOT true, because many do.

Get your facts straight. Google is your friend.

And before you come back with "Well this thread is about a 5.0"....That is not the point. A general statement was made which is partially false, and so I was making that known.

SleeperGoat
08-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Umm dumb ass...until his last post, he didn't specify which, he just said...mustangs don't have knock sensors and that is NOT true, because many do.

Get your facts straight. Google is your friend.

And before you come back with "Well this thread is about a 5.0"....That is not the point. A general statement was made which is partially false, and so I was making that known.

Dude all i gotta say is LOL at you, your making fun of someone who builds motors for a living check his sig there. An before you say, they must be some crappy motors or something you better take a really good look at the other cars that have his sig.

RayArroyo
08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
well buy a knock sensor for it lol, or crank up the timing till you hear knock :bigeek:

05GT
08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Dude all i gotta say is LOL at you, your making fun of someone who builds motors for a living check his sig there. An before you say, they must be some crappy motors or something you better take a really good look at the other cars that have his sig.

I don't care what he builds. You are an absolute idiot too then. GO LOOK IT UP MORONS. True 5.0 don't have knock sensors, but OTHER MUSTANGS DO.

And the statement orginally made my Sled was

He didn't specify the 5.0s until I said something about it. Learn to read there buddy.

Here since obviously you are another idiot who just jumps on something without knowing ****...here is a link....

http://www.modularfords.com/articles/SCT_Tunes_a_Procharged_2005_Mustang_GT/1.html

A quote from that link ...

"The 4.6 L 3V Mustangs have dual knock sensors. These knock sensors are very accurate, unlike some of them used in the past. The following graph shows the knock sensor activity on one of the runs."

But I thought Mustangs don't have knock sensors?????

Thanks come again.

Sled
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't care what he builds. You are an absolute idiot too then. GO LOOK IT UP MORONS. True 5.0 don't have knock sensors, but OTHER MUSTANGS DO.

And the statement orginally made my Sled was

He didn't specify the 5.0s until I said something about it. Learn to read there buddy.

Here since obviously you are another idiot who just jumps on something without knowing ****...here is a link....

http://www.modularfords.com/articles/SCT_Tunes_a_Procharged_2005_Mustang_GT/1.html

A quote from that link ...

"The 4.6 L 3V Mustangs have dual knock sensors. These knock sensors are very accurate, unlike some of them used in the past. The following graph shows the knock sensor activity on one of the runs."

But I thought Mustangs don't have knock sensors?????

Thanks come again.
your a ****ing retard. we're all talking about 5.0s. none of us were talking about 4.6s. next time ill be sure to make it clear for retards like you.

05GT
08-24-2007, 12:17 PM
your a ****ing retard. we're all talking about 5.0s. none of us were talking about 4.6s. next time ill be sure to make it clear for retards like you.

See I knew you were going to say that....which is why I said...

It was nothing against you Sled, I was just making a point that your very general statment was not totally true. How did I know you didn't mean ALL mustangs? I didn't. But obviously you got butt hurt cuz now I'm a ****ing retard. Oh my let me go cry.
You're a stupid **** like the rest of em. :roll:

Sled
08-24-2007, 12:31 PM
See I knew you were going to say that....which is why I said...

It was nothing against you Sled, I was just making a point that your very general statment was not totally true. How did I know you didn't mean ALL mustangs? I didn't. But obviously you got butt hurt cuz now I'm a ****ing retard. Oh my let me go cry.
You're a stupid **** like the rest of em. :roll:

kiss my ass. why would you bring up 4.6s when we were talking about 5.0s. wait, nevermind im done with this.

95black5.0- there is no problem turning your timing up to 14degrees. if it pings, back it down. it will probably be fine as long as you dont have everything wrong with it and your running 93 octane.

05GT
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
kiss my ass. why would you bring up 4.6s when we were talking about 5.0s. wait, nevermind im done with this.

95black5.0- there is no problem turning your timing up to 14degrees. if it pings, back it down. it will probably be fine as long as you dont have everything wrong with it and your running 93 octane.

Like I said...learn to read...I already answered that question. I only brought it up because someone else jumped on my case for a very simple statement I made that SOME mustang do have knock sensors.

Like I also said, how was I really suppose to know that you didn't mean all mustangs? I didn't...I'm not a mind reader.

Sled
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Like I said...learn to read...I already answered that question. I only brought it up because someone else jumped on my case for a very simple statement I made that SOME mustang do have knock sensors.

Like I also said, how was I really suppose to know that you didn't mean all mustangs? I didn't...I'm not a mind reader.

you should learn how to. it would make things alot easier.

05GT
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
you should learn how to. it would make things alot easier.

Yeah well I'll let you teach me how to read minds then hows that??:bigeek:

Sled
08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah well I'll let you teach me how to read minds then hows that??:bigeek:

its pretty easy. let me know if you wanna learn.

05GT
08-24-2007, 12:42 PM
its pretty easy. let me know if you wanna learn.

Absolutly. Is my 1st step buying a thinking cap? Or do the experts not use them?

Charged SVTF
08-25-2007, 04:33 PM
I hate both of you cause i thought this would go back to a timing chat....score 1 for yall. 0 for me.

94RedReaper
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Here is a link for you:

http://www.ashentep.com/webpages/mustanggt/1995_ford_mustang_gt.htm

Bumping the timing on the older fox bodies was good for a couple tenths. I'd imagine the same holds true for the later 5.0 liter Mustangs. Just use good premium gas.

95blk5.0stang
09-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Well I bumped my timing up about a week ago, so I late reply to this thread. The car runs fine no pinging i run 93 in it, it pinged when I had 89 in it. I feel a bite stronger I feel it made a difference because I went to suck A$$ atco 3hours one run. So my time to go, good launch not much tire spin jump my friends ls1 trans Am bout 330 feet than he pulled the hell out of me drag radials. So shifting good up to 3rd so I look over to she how far he got me by about close to 1000ft went for the forth gear shift oops back n to 2nd not focused. But I still ran a 15.114 best time 15.046 i feel that would of been in the 14's with that run. Would ya'll agree also.