kunt_masha
08-19-2007, 12:14 AM
ive seen it a few times exton nissan

turbo4g63
08-19-2007, 02:17 AM
damn...i've never seen that car, and i go through exton pretty much every day

redline
08-19-2007, 04:05 AM
Damn nice car.....without all those stickers!

maximaserg
08-19-2007, 04:19 AM
nice ride

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Wasn't a fan of that bumper when I went perusing for mine, but it doesn't look too bad here.

upperguy
08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Damn nice car.....without all those stickers!

It looks like a dealership car. They probably had someone trade it in modded and use it to attract attention now, which is what it's doing.

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 12:32 PM
It looks like a dealership car. They probably had someone trade it in modded and use it to attract attention now, which is what it's doing.

No, it was the dealer's car when it was new, always has been owned by someone at the dealership. It's just their show car.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I wonder who's..

My family got all of their cars from Devon/Exton Nissan for close to 20 years...well..until I started a trend of realizing that some cars are just more $$ than what they are worth.

With the change in management we haven't been back..

And btw, the best bumper for that thing is the new Nismo one. Otherwise you get all FATF-ie.

SlideWayzS13
08-19-2007, 01:20 PM
HAHA one of the techs that work at exton nissan was taking the car to a show and they turned right onto rt. 100 went out of control jumped the curb right near the bank and went down into the creek

Here's the video http://youtube.com/watch?v=1HBJkj5qXpM&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B0OJt2j3j5Y&mode=related&search=

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
lol..when we went there their service was world-renowned for being sloppy at best. I hope its changed..but just for an example..on my Z, the Murano, and Frontier, all of the wheels were scratched/marked/had to be refinished when they put new tires on them. Not just mine. Not just my mothers. Not even just my fathers. Every car. New tires. New marks. Obviously they refinished them..but I mean..wtf?!

BTW, funny ass video. It's a shame that kit didn't give it the downforce it needed.

cburwell
08-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I know a guy on SR20forum helped to build a Z for Exton Nissan. He is the same guy who was the 200SX SE-R that was spotted not too long ago.

I'm not sure if they are the same cars, but here is the thread.

http://www.sr20forum.com/members-rides/174188-very-sexy-nismo-350z.html

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 01:42 PM
15K for what...320 rwhp tops?

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 01:51 PM
it's supercharged, so probably more than 320 at the wheels. sorry to hear about your bad experiences there, i went to an east coast z meet there about a month ago and they gave us a tour of the facility and everything, its a nice place.

CleanNeon98
08-19-2007, 01:52 PM
I like it...I dont know why people hate on stickers and spoilers..I certainly know that if I ever paid 25k for an STi or evo, id keep the wing on there

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
It's a wonderful place. The place has nothing to do with the service.

And the thread says cammed..where in there does it say SC? High compression blows when you try to do things cheap.

And btw, my experience had less to do with them (albeit it was annoying) and the general fact that the 350Z is a POS 90% of the time. Their sales dept was wonderful, and I got quite a good deal. I just wish the service caught up (which it might have, considering I haven't been there since maybe last June).

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 02:13 PM
the sc part isn't in that thread, it was just put on in may. the car has pretty much been completely redone since that thread was made(and since the creek incident), the compression was lowered i believe to accommodate the supercharger. it wasn't a cheap or half-ass build.

I'm not doubting that you had a bad experience with them, i'm just saying that from what i know they aren't all bad. as far as their service is concerned a friend of mine takes his murano there and he hasn't said anything negative about them to me at least. but yeah their sales people are very nice.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Well you can't have a cheap or half ass build, b/c they tend to break easier than you could imagine. For me, and why I chose to ultimately trade it in, its all about the power/money ratio. I'm cheap. I can't afford to have a Z that's FI b/c it costs a ****-ton of money to do so. The investment for a 20 yr old just wasn't worth it...top it off with bad experiences relating to it (and I babied the holy hell out of that thing), it was time to change.

On to the SC'd car..Is that the same car as the creek car? I'm gonna lap their lot after work to see it.

BTW, are there any numbers? SC'd usually means ~360-370rwhp. I'd be interested to see what a balled-out, no-expense spared SC results in.

SlideWayzS13
08-19-2007, 02:18 PM
the sc part isn't in that thread, it was just put on in may. the car has pretty much been completely redone since that thread was made(and since the creek incident), the compression was lowered i believe to accommodate the supercharger. it wasn't a cheap or half-ass build.

It is supercharged don't know if its fully built or not very well could be seeing as how the owner of the car is the owner of the whole dealership.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Didn't he used to have a SICK Stillen Z? Or was that the former GM's son?

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Well you can't have a cheap or half ass build, b/c they tend to break easier than you could imagine. For me, and why I chose to ultimately trade it in, its all about the power/money ratio. I'm cheap. I can't afford to have a Z that's FI b/c it costs a ****-ton of money to do so. The investment for a 20 yr old just wasn't worth it...top it off with bad experiences relating to it (and I babied the holy hell out of that thing), it was time to change.

On to the SC'd car..Is that the same car as the creek car? I'm gonna lap their lot after work to see it.

BTW, are there any numbers? SC'd usually means ~360-370rwhp. I'd be interested to see what a balled-out, no-expense spared SC results in.

Yes, its the same as the creek car, obviously it has since been fixed. I'm pretty sure that the car is not there now, but if you roll by they did have two brand new nismo z's there so it might be worth the trip.

To be honest, I love what you did with your GTO and hope you keep it going in the right direction, that car is freakin sweet.

And I'm not sure of the numbers, but ill post them up if I find out.

Didn't he used to have a SICK Stillen Z? Or was that the former GM's son?

I think that was the former GM's kid.

cburwell
08-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Nissan service techs in general are sloppy. Drexel Hill Nissan near me is very bad. They spilled oil all over the under side of my Mom's Maxima twice during an oil change. I understand oil spills during a change, but it didn't look like they even attempted to clean it up. Their sales force stinks too. They are rude, and unhelpful. I went in there one day after work to get a price on an Xterra (before I purchased mine), and they flat-out ignored me for 20 minutes until i walked out. That's the reason I drove the 30 Minutes to Concordville Nissan to buy both my Sentra and my Xterra.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I'm getting a bit more baller with a new exhaust in a couple weeks, then suspension here I come..

I'd love to know the numbers..esp. since it had serious time/money put in. BTW, how much are the new Nismo's? I remember when I got out of the Z game they were talking about doing them on a regular basis, but I'd be worried about markups and such.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Nissan service techs in general are sloppy. Drexel Hill Nissan near me is very bad. They spilled oil all over the under side of my Mom's Maxima twice during an oil change. I understand oil spills during a change, but it didn't look like they even attempted to clean it up. Their sales force stinks too. They are rude, and unhelpful. I went in there one day after work to get a price on an Xterra (before I purchased mine), and they flat-out ignored me for 20 minutes until i walked out. That's the reason I drove the 30 Minutes to Concordville Nissan to buy both my Sentra and my Xterra.

Courtesy is supposed to be really good..

We (my fam) went to Devon/Exton b/c of the former GM and a few of the former sales peeps (now at Infiniti in Ardmoore). Really great sales dept!

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I'm getting a bit more baller with a new exhaust in a couple weeks, then suspension here I come..

I'd love to know the numbers..esp. since it had serious time/money put in. BTW, how much are the new Nismo's? I remember when I got out of the Z game they were talking about doing them on a regular basis, but I'd be worried about markups and such.
No problem, you did good work. What exhaust are you going with? I cant wait to see it in person.

The Nismo's were 36,xxx i think. Which was actually pretty reasonable. They had number 123 and 240something. Im rollin out for a bit but I'll post a pic of it later.

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 02:31 PM
actually here you go

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/namdoogwerdna/PIC-0162.jpg

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Spintech Side Exit. With the GTO, exhaust is mostly sound/looks. I've always wanted something that just screams unadultered badassedness, and the Spintech does that. It also sounds like a volcano, just in stereo. Like Mt. St. Helen's in my living room kinda deal. With a tune I should be doing pretty well..so suspension is next. This cat can move, she just needs to be reinforced lol

As per the Nismo..that's not a bad price at all. I was getting fearful of the 40K mark. When I bought my Z (04 Enth, black/black, 7K for 22K$) people were complaining that a fully loaded Z was ~35K$. I figured the Nismo stuff/moniker would push it, but thats good to hear that it's not that bad. What do you get in the package out of curiousity?

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:36 PM
actually here you go

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/namdoogwerdna/PIC-0162.jpg

V2 wheels FTW

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Spintech Side Exit. With the GTO, exhaust is mostly sound/looks. I've always wanted something that just screams unadultered badassedness, and the Spintech does that. It also sounds like a volcano, just in stereo. Like Mt. St. Helen's in my living room kinda deal. With a tune I should be doing pretty well..so suspension is next. This cat can move, she just needs to be reinforced lol

As per the Nismo..that's not a bad price at all. I was getting fearful of the 40K mark. When I bought my Z (04 Enth, black/black, 7K for 22K$) people were complaining that a fully loaded Z was ~35K$. I figured the Nismo stuff/moniker would push it, but thats good to hear that it's not that bad. What do you get in the package out of curiousity?

Haha that's awesome. You'll have to give me a ride in it next time I'm around wc.

The nismo z comes with the body kit, special wheels/tires, brembos, nismo suspension (with swaybars i believe), exhaust, different intake, and apparrently they did more body welds so the car is more rigid. Its mostly just handling upgrades but you can still get the cams and whatnot.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Whats the spec on the cams? I have Nismo sways, shift knob (lol), and exhaust before I parted and traded. Loved that exhaust..a bit of $$..but it sounded awesome.

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure, i googled and couldnt find anything except that they cost $1,600 so they better be good. I think the fact that its a Nissan part and it shouldn't void the warranty is incentive to go nismo

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Yea, thats def an advantage. But 1600 for cams is a bit nuts..

lownslow95
08-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I like it...I dont know why people hate on stickers and spoilers..I certainly know that if I ever paid 25k for an STi or evo, id keep the wing on there

i agree...i actually like the stock wing on an evo or STi, i dont understand why people would take it off

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
My stock wing was garish!

SleeperGoat
08-19-2007, 04:17 PM
idk it works pretty well with the rest of the kit. My friend has a Burnt Orange Z with the V2 Nismo Kit. They say the car feels alot different in the corners with the extra welds i'm sure you can get almost everything off the car threw mynismo.com

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I wonder if I still have a discount for them...

Burnt orange= lemans sunset?

z'd up
08-19-2007, 04:36 PM
:thumbup:lemans sunset ftmfw

NISMO r-tune cams:
Valve lift is increased from 0.376 inches to 0.426 inches and duration steps up from 240 degrees to 262. And even the nismo cams void the warranty cuz they are r-tune so there is no getting around voiding it.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Yea that's right. S-Tune is safe, R-Tune is not. But ironically..don't they both have specific part warranty's, or is that just S-Tune?

When I looked for a Z I wanted (in order), LMS, DB, or SB. I got SB :(. Oh well..

I now have blue:)

z'd up
08-19-2007, 04:50 PM
s-tune is covered under warranty, but unfortunately i dont think they make a s-tune set of cams. not sure about the specific part warranties though.

cburwell
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
s-tune is covered under warranty, but unfortunately i dont think they make a s-tune set of cams. not sure about the specific part warranties though.

Once you get above simple bolt-ons, every Nismo part is going to be considered R-Tune. Even the CAI is R-Tune.

z'd up
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
that is why i did jwt popcharger intake cuz ive heard they dont give you a hard time at the dealer about it. it doesnt go down in the fender like the nismo so its less of a straw.

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Well every CAI for the Z does the same thing..why spend 300$ when the Popcharger was 109$?

namdoogwerdna
08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah thats true. and i lied, the nismo z doesnt come with aftermarket intake. did you get a chacne to take a ride over earlier?

ozthunder
08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Nah it was raining and I do as little driving as possible during the rain. It's on the way to/from work, so i'll see it this week. I may stop in to see who's still there and who left..

pontiac_kid98
08-20-2007, 05:29 AM
iv seen it to at the dealership, I think there either tryin to sell it or just draw in customers. They have another one there dont remember what it looks like cuz i was just drivin past but ya there at exton nissan they look crazy from what i saw.

z'd up
08-20-2007, 06:13 AM
i heard from someone that they have a black one there too thats s/c. not sure if its true.

97MaximaSE
08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
iv seen it to at the dealership, I think there either tryin to sell it or just draw in customers. They have another one there dont remember what it looks like cuz i was just drivin past but ya there at exton nissan they look crazy from what i saw.

It's probably the Nismo 350Z they have two there from what I saw a couple days ago. One white and one gray/silver one. They look really good but cost something like 38 grand.

pontiac_kid98
08-21-2007, 01:35 AM
It's probably the Nismo 350Z they have two there from what I saw a couple days ago. One white and one gray/silver one. They look really good but cost something like 38 grand.

probabley worth it i saw them today

SleeperGoat
08-21-2007, 01:57 AM
:eek: there no way i'd pay that much for the extra body welds. So its got suspension an a ugly kit an ok wheels, half that stuff would be gone by now more then likey an it probably ways alot more then a Basic or Enth. Being a Touring edition ways almost 3600 pounds.

specdrft
08-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Anybody been to Exton Nissan Lately? Cuz they have one of those NISMO 350Z and that shi*t is MADD Sexy

namdoogwerdna
08-21-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah darren there are two of them there, theres a pic on page 2