PDA

View Full Version : scariest game you've ever played

cranshinibon
08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
i played doom 3 and f.e.a.r. alone in the dark last night and i was scared ****less lol...was wondering who else has any scary video games they've played and would like to share.

Buster
08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Resident Evil 2 scared the crap out of me and so did Silent Hill. Both only to be played late at night by yourself

goodfella732
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
The Silent Hill series was really creepy.

mylosteclipse
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
the suffering 1 and 2 are pretty good for that.

tjf
08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
hands down the first silent hill

or fatal frame 2

Archie
08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
+73 for resident evil, i was 17 in high school, got the game on my way home one day. Played it all night, realized it was around 11 at night and i was by myself in the dark with no one home. A part came up when the zombies crash through the window. I turned the console off, put the game away and locked my door. Never played a resident evil game again!

redwrxwagon02
08-14-2007, 01:47 PM
doom definately scary at night alone

and resident evil creeps me out

Vertabreaker
08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QZ753W2RL._AA280_.jpg

Hands down.

Intercooled T
08-14-2007, 01:53 PM

Hands down.

Everytime jason would pop out of the water or out of nowhere...OMFG...the music. This game made me scared to venture into log cabins and look in fireplaces.

xEJ20x
08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
hands down the first silent hill

Especially when you first get the radio and when the world change happens. :eek:

jspek
08-14-2007, 01:58 PM
id say resident evil 1, but the only thing that really freaked me out in that game was the HUGE ****ing spiders. but resident evil 2...those ****ing lickers and the tyrant...yea. def resident evil 2.

Intercooled T
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
id say resident evil 1, but the only thing that really freaked me out in that game was the HUGE ****ing spiders. but resident evil 2...those ****ing lickers and the tyrant...yea. def resident evil 2.

Resident Evil 1, when you're in the morgue and the venom-looking guy busts through the 2-way mirror....

Vertabreaker
08-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Resident Evil 1, when you're in the morgue and the venom-looking guy busts through the 2-way mirror....

Or when you first encounter the hell hounds when they bust through the windows. I almost **** my pants when that happened.

mr_eh
08-14-2007, 02:01 PM
half life single player, they had some really sweet spots in that game

XxaltezzaxX
08-14-2007, 02:03 PM
The first Silent Hill. Man that game was amazing.

mattcosta7
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
but resident evil 2...those ****ing lickers and the tyrant...yea. def resident evil 2.

+75000000

I was 10 or 11 at the time. Made me almost **** my pants.
I played it again recently, and it's no where near the impact level it originally had, but back then My neighbor (a year older than myself) had the game, and we would end up only playing it together since it was too scary for us to play solo

Renegade_
08-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Doom and FEAR are weak in the scare the crap out of you dept imo...

After playing for more than 5 minutes I just end up thinking its an FPS with really ****ty lighting and zombies. Just get efficient at the flashlight in Doom and learn to switch weapons quickly, not too hard.

JET02WRX
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Another Silent Hill fan... late at night...with surround sound... Great audio in that game.

Im2Slow
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM

Hands down.

LOL that is one of the greatest games ever, not very scary tho

silent hill was kinda creepy tho

06evors
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Condemend (spelling?) on the 360 (launch game) is one to mention.

mrchariybrown
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
For the creepy scary department, definitely the Silent Hill series. But for hey, let's make **** jump out from around corners and through walls (Mr. X), it goes to Resident Evil 1 and 2.

naDintheHat
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM
The RE series still kinda creeps me out when i play it.

teh DIRT
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
metal gear solid....the one for ps2.

yeah, no zombies....no ghouls. But sit ther playing for 4 hours in the dark after making it so far to get to a boss that pretty much turns your TV off, literally, and controls your mind. That and the constant things jumping out at you and whatnot. best game ever in my opinion.

Vertabreaker
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
metal gear solid....the one for ps2.

yeah, no zombies....no ghouls. But sit ther playing for 4 hours in the dark after making it so far to get to a boss that pretty much turns your TV off, literally, and controls your mind. That and the constant things jumping out at you and whatnot. best game ever in my opinion.

Holy **** bro!!! I did that when i was in college.

"Snake, you've been playing this game for too long"

"I like scissors!!!"

I was looking around the room cause I thought I was tripping hahahaha

Ryza24
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
FEAR is ****in creepy with that lil demented bitch rolling around in the shadows and u cant do a god damn thing about it....

and of course Resident evil.. i mean everytime i went thru a door or a long corridor i was scared

teh DIRT
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Holy **** bro!!! I did that when i was in college.

"Snake, you've been playing this game for too long"

"I like scissors!!!"

I was looking around the room cause I thought I was tripping hahahaha

yeah but did you sit there for an hour not doing anything because you thought your ps2 froze and you were waiting for it to get itself together.

My ps2 was paused for two days because of that until someone told me what i had to do....like i said. Best game series ever, DEF should be a movie.

Vertabreaker
08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
yeah but did you sit there for an hour not doing anything because you thought your ps2 froze and you were waiting for it to get itself together.

My ps2 was paused for two days because of that until someone told me what i had to do....like i said. Best game series ever, DEF should be a movie.

That was the part in the tunnel when you played as Raiden yeah? I was running back and forth for about 30 min before it finally started but like we both said, i was playing at 3am or so in the dark when the general started talking **** to me. Freaked me the hell out.

teh DIRT
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
na im talking about the part in the room or office where the dude had like a mask on his face and would make this noise and then the screen would go black like it was off or not getting a signal. And you couldnt control yourself so you had to (unknown to me) take your controller and plug it into the 2nd controller port so he couldnt control you. it was sick.

SexyDSM95
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
F.E.A.R. (that little girl eating people...c'mon that's scary)
Resident Evil: Nemesis - when he jumps through the house when you are running up the stairs going "STARRRRSSSSS"
Silent Hill - where that zombie/whatever with no legs was crawling on the floor towards you

Vertabreaker
08-14-2007, 03:20 PM
na im talking about the part in the room or office where the dude had like a mask on his face and would make this noise and then the screen would go black like it was off or not getting a signal. And you couldnt control yourself so you had to (unknown to me) take your controller and plug it into the 2nd controller port so he couldnt control you. it was sick.

Ahhh you're thinking about the PS1 version. Metal Gear solid. You typed MG for PS2 so i thought you meant metal gear solid 2.

I know the part you're talking about that, that was ****ed as well. lol

teh DIRT
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah my bad, totally ps1.

TGilb2007
08-14-2007, 05:23 PM
F.E.A.R was effin nuts, and so was Condemed (cant wait for the Sequel).
the older RE series was awesome, as was Silent hill...

Doom..... no so much to me. It had its moments, but not the "WHAT THE F$&% JUST HAPPENED!!!!!" type moments

doug
08-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Gears of War is pretty freaking scarey, I may say. Especially the berzerkers.

teh DIRT
08-14-2007, 05:42 PM
GOW isnt really that scary to me. Ive only played online though....sure getting your blood racing.

doug
08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
GOW isnt really that scary to me. Ive only played online though....sure getting your blood racing.

The single player is really creepy, things just pop up at you.. its quite random.

06evors
08-14-2007, 06:09 PM

Psycho Mantis boss battle FTW!

77F-150
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
russian roulette

pretty scary..

Dave
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Psycho Mantis boss battle FTW!

that guy sucks! im totally stuck there cause im playing it in emulation and can't change controller ports! ahhh!

as for teh scary, alien vs predator on the computer. if you played as colonial marine you start off in the colony with the motion tracker and it does a perfect job of amping up the tension as the aliens come for you, and when they do come its dark as **** and they move so ****in fast you're dead meat anyway. awesome game, course if you played from the alien side you could drop down from the rafters and start eating people. I got this one dude jurassic park style, right on the can lol

also Half life 2 in ravenholm when the FAST zombies first show up

IntegrasAreBest
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
agreed alien vs predator is crazy! also resident evil 2 and the one with the nemesis. and the gamecube remake of resident evil one is scary as hell!

wgknestrick
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Condemend (spelling?) on the 360 (launch game) is one to mention.

I also agree. I've played all of the above mentioned games, but nothing is even close to Condemned on 360. The first person perspective and all of the people running around and making sounds in the dark is scary. Plus you usually only have a pipe or some other hand weapon to attack with. Surround sound alone with this game is really creepy as those damn plastic buckets rattle behind you....somehow is very scary.

LSHatch
08-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Surround sound alone with this game is really creepy as those damn plastic buckets rattle behind you....somehow is very scary.

Exactly the same sound I hated. I would start looking around my house. haha. And the random cutscenes where he starts seeing what happened. Those would freak me out when they popped up.

F.E.A.R. had some freaky parts too. I hated everytime that little biotch would come at me in a hallway.

DoubleOughtCel
08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
I know one thing.....Bioshock is going to be one of these games. The demo is sick.

As for what I think is the scariest game, I'd have to say Condemned: Criminal Origins for X360. I think the more realistic stuff is scarier. Devil hounds jumping through a broken window in a haunted house only makes me jump. A bunch of crack head homeless guys with blunt objects running around in the shadows and trying to kill me? Well, that makes my pants all full of ****.

Spocknasty
08-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Right on Dave. Those jumping Ravenholm zombies scared the hell out of me. Nothing is worse than waiting for something to come, and still getting suprised as hell by it.

System Shock 2 is the scariest game I've ever played. It is the precursor to Bioshock. The atmosphere is so creepy! The onboard computer and Shodan taunt you the whole way through. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYw5AFoDSk4

Vertabreaker
08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
F.E.A.R. had some freaky parts too. I hated everytime that little biotch would come at me in a hallway.

I used to play F.E.A.R. in my old apartment with all the lights out(not a good idea) hahaha. I remember the very beginning and walking around the AC unit and getting sucker punched and almost jumping out of my seat haha.

cranshinibon
08-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Doom and FEAR are weak in the scare the crap out of you dept imo...

After playing for more than 5 minutes I just end up thinking its an FPS with really ****ty lighting and zombies. Just get efficient at the flashlight in Doom and learn to switch weapons quickly, not too hard.

lol the problem with me in doom was id forget i had a flashlight and id try to just look around really close to the monitor hahaha hence why it was so damn scary.

I just remembered a game (not sure if its been mentioned yet) for the gamecube that is pretty freken sick. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, oh man and remember the game myst and shivvers....for some reason the first person aspct and having to deal with all of the small details and still finding all that creepy stuff...reeeaallly scared the crap out of me

SexyDSM95
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I am surprised no one mentioned Manhunt (PS2) yet! OMG the first (and last) time I played that I had a cold. I put the headset on so the director of the killing spree could talk to me only. I started coughing and sniffing and all these gangs would jump my ass or suffocate me with a plastic bag. That ish was scary...then you were rated on how you killed people and it was saved on tapes

RayArroyo
08-15-2007, 09:02 AM
my ex girlfriend

CarbonIS
08-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Resident Evil IV hands down. That game is so creepy.

Bizee
08-15-2007, 08:39 PM
fear for me. that chick kept startling me when i was trying to concentrate... that game was great. never finished the expansion

jspek
08-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I am surprised no one mentioned Manhunt (PS2) yet! OMG the first (and last) time I played that I had a cold. I put the headset on so the director of the killing spree could talk to me only. I started coughing and sniffing and all these gangs would jump my ass or suffocate me with a plastic bag. That ish was scary...then you were rated on how you killed people and it was saved on tapes

i was gonna say that but...i was thinking. yea it was creepy with the headset on, but there wasnt really anything scary about it. but +1 for the head games from the director haha.

naDintheHat
08-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Anyone ever play the Clock Tower series?

It might have been CT2, but the dude chasing u with a huge pair of scissors bugged the heck out me.. i never finished the game.

Intercooled T
08-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Resident Evil IV hands down. That game is so creepy.

Currently playing RE4, this game is teh r0x0rz!

SexyDSM95
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Anyone play RE for the Wii? I would think it's pretty difficult to maneuver around with the controller. I don't trust myself wtih that type of controller yet. If something were to jump out at me during the game that remote would go flying into my TV or ceiling.

Buster
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
RE1 for gamecube rocked! the ending blows though! I was thinking of playing the second disc with the girl this time.

Vertabreaker
08-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone play RE for the Wii? I would think it's pretty difficult to maneuver around with the controller. I don't trust myself wtih that type of controller yet. If something were to jump out at me during the game that remote would go flying into my TV or ceiling.

Inter is playing RE for the Wii. I can't wait until he beats it so he'll shut up at work about it. :banana:

Intercooled T
08-16-2007, 09:26 AM

On chapter 4-3/5-4....the first couple boards are TOUGH only because the controllers take getting used to, but its cake after 15+ hours of playing lol....

cranshinibon
08-17-2007, 09:24 AM
I know one thing.....Bioshock is going to be one of these games. The demo is sick.

As for what I think is the scariest game, I'd have to say Condemned: Criminal Origins for X360. I think the more realistic stuff is scarier. Devil hounds jumping through a broken window in a haunted house only makes me jump. A bunch of crack head homeless guys with blunt objects running around in the shadows and trying to kill me? Well, that makes my pants all full of ****.

oh true....condemned is a total mind**** game...so good though if you can get the stomach to play it in the dark haha

den9
08-21-2007, 09:19 PM
i think games are scary when theres huge suspense, like splinter cell.
silent hill was creepy, gt4 on the ring was pretty damn scary

Renegade_
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
gt4 on the ring was pretty damn scary
The ring is my bitch in that game... I've done so many laps around that thing.

SovXietday
08-22-2007, 02:54 AM
RE1 for gamecube rocked! the ending blows though! I was thinking of playing the second disc with the girl this time.

It's actually RE3, RE0, and RE4 that came out for the GC. I've played all 3, and all 3 are ****ing scary as ****.

Crimson heads in RE3 used to scare me the most, you'd walk past "dead" zombies (if that's not ironic) then out of nowhere they'd stand up and come at you FULL SPEED!

RE0 was just as friggen scary.

RE4 with the 3rd person shooter wasn't quite as "scary" as it was incredibly intense. 20 zombies, 20 pistol rounds.... ahhhhh ****. :-p

MPowerKai
08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Resident Evil 2 scared the crap out of me and so did Silent Hill. Both only to be played late at night by yourself

Yea, seriously. Resident Evil 2 was pretty scary....but I couldn't stop playing :-p

CHAOS
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
life.

Renegade_
08-22-2007, 09:28 AM
life.

Yeah, seriously, choosing college or career had my hairs on end...

MPowerKai
08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
life.

I don't like games that don't have reset buttons

Z3R0
08-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Silent Hill 4: The Room

t3turbogs
08-25-2007, 01:58 PM
the first fatal frame. no wepons and the story it self was creepy as hell!!

06evors
08-25-2007, 02:04 PM
If anyone actually still has Gamecube or Wii for that matter, then definately pick up the remake of the first Resident Evil. Scariest game by far.

ozthunder
08-25-2007, 02:37 PM
****in wolfenstein on DOS. Damn Nazi's and their crazy ****. Messed this 8 year old up!

SUB2.5RS
08-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Rob the cradle. That was scary!

GsrSiHatchie
08-26-2007, 01:22 AM
resident evil 2 hands down...

jb1830
08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
I have RE1 on the Gamecube...I have to build up courage in order to play it...I get freaked out by anything that moves anytime I go around a corner. I've had it for a couple years and I still haven't finished it...3/4 of the way through. I also just picked up Fatal Frame 2...Haven't gotten into it much...but the atmosphere is definetly creepy. RE4 wasn't bad at all...Felt more like an action game rather than survival/horror.

06evors
08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I have RE1 on the Gamecube...I have to build up courage in order to play it...I get freaked out by anything that moves anytime I go around a corner. I've had it for a couple years and I still haven't finished it...3/4 of the way through. I also just picked up Fatal Frame 2...Haven't gotten into it much...but the atmosphere is definetly creepy. RE4 wasn't bad at all...Felt more like an action game rather than survival/horror.

It doesn't help the courage factor when the zombies start rising after you kill them initially and start running at you.

DoubleOughtCel
08-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Bioshock is actually pretty creepy. Theres always something or someone jumping out at you.

cranshinibon
09-02-2007, 09:30 PM
It doesn't help the courage factor when the zombies start rising after you kill them initially and start running at you.

i was actually just talking to my friend about that today, how do you wind up killing them permanently?

Bioshock is actually pretty creepy. Theres always something or someone jumping out at you.

i can't wait for it to come out, I'm not sure if it'll be a scary game to play or a great sci fi thriller type game like half life. have you played then levels yet?

Silent Hill 4 is pretty scary, just going to the website kind of freaks me out

LSHatch
09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
i can't wait for it to come out, I'm not sure if it'll be a scary game to play or a great sci fi thriller type game like half life. have you played then levels yet?

Bioshock has been out for at least two weeks now.

I didn't like it.

cranshinibon
09-03-2007, 12:54 AM
oh man I haven't kept up on it...i thought it was coming out next month. what didn't you like about it

enigma
09-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Played a game of flip cup one time, when all of a sudden the cops busted in, and we had to jet down then up the fire escape to get away.
Yeah, that takes the cake.