PDA

View Full Version : Competition Exhaust

99SL2_Modder
07-20-2005, 04:43 PM
A+++!

I called them to ask for a quote on finally getting my exhaust 100% done (catalytic converter that's been sitting in my trunk forever). Gary said that he needed to see it, so I asked him when a good time was, and he said "Right now, if you can." So I hop in my boombastic plastic and crawl my slow a$$ (taking on those pesky slugs that kept doing ricer fly-by's on me) to competition, and he gives me a quote for 50 bucks. I said go for it, he hits it up, finds out teh cat is bigger ID than the exhaust, 20 bucks on top to make it all purty and fit, so he dd it up. Cat cut and swap: 74.20, probably about an hour and a half of work. Definitely recommend.

SilverTurboRidin
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Clint im suprised gary would even TOUCH your car. It's nothing against Gary, or his work. But i will not ever recommend anyone to him because of the fact for the longest time he wouldnt touch anything that didnt have a flowmaster. In fact he charged someone nearly 30 dollars more just because he wanted to switch from the flowmasters gary put on his mustang gt to a set of bassani's.

Anymore i go to NE Exhaust on old Rt13 Gary Nusser dude's like 5'0 and can weld his balls off. Prices are unbeatable also.

BUT ON A GOOD NOTE!!!
Im glad you got a decent cat on your car.

/end rant.

Justin

99SL2_Modder
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Clint im suprised gary would even TOUCH your car. It's nothing against Gary, or his work. But i will not ever recommend anyone to him because of the fact for the longest time he wouldnt touch anything that didnt have a flowmaster. In fact he charged someone nearly 30 dollars more just because he wanted to switch from the flowmasters gary put on his mustang gt to a set of bassani's.

Anymore i go to NE Exhaust on old Rt13 Gary Nusser dude's like 5'0 and can weld his balls off. Prices are unbeatable also.

BUT ON A GOOD NOTE!!!
Im glad you got a decent cat on your car.

/end rant.

Justin

He was actually quite impressed with my car. Got lots of kudo's from the staff on the sound. He was questioning me on why there was "A very serious harmonic vibration through the entire car." I looked at him, chuckled, and was like, "Polyurethane dogbones, experimental torque axis mount. My engine doesn't move."

Yeah, Magnaflow cat. :p Happy happy!

And no, he charges higher when you bring your own parts in because it might not fit correctly and hten they have to sit and cut and bend and stuff. (Says the hot chick at the counter that thought Alex was "cute"...but not cute in the "oh baby" sense, cute as in amusing.)

SilverTurboRidin
07-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Eh, yeah either way the dude on 13 actually charges you less for that because he has to do less work :thumbup:

But stop by later so i can hear it now.

99SL2_Modder
07-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Eh, yeah either way the dude on 13 actually charges you less for that because he has to do less work :thumbup:

But stop by later so i can hear it now.

No one has your number anymore, douchenozzle. You changed your phone.

ZQ8Rado
07-31-2005, 03:16 AM
when i had my s-10 i went to NE and gary said i couldnt put a flowmaster 50 series on it. i said you could he did and it sounded great. with my new truck i took it to competition because i asked NE for a super 40 flow and he tried to sell me a 40 series. the only problem with NE is gary smokes too much pot and he has wierd hours. at least when ever i tried goin there.

SilverTurboRidin
07-31-2005, 09:07 AM
when i had my s-10 i went to NE and gary said i couldnt put a flowmaster 50 series on it. i said you could he did and it sounded great. with my new truck i took it to competition because i asked NE for a super 40 flow and he tried to sell me a 40 series. the only problem with NE is gary smokes too much pot and he has wierd hours. at least when ever i tried goin there.

Did you call first?? LOL

Yes gary has weird hours...But he is one of the best.

04 Turbo Spec
07-31-2005, 10:34 PM
dude y would u want a cat on your car? and u cant pull the inspection excuse cause my car passed oky doky with no cats

alachua
07-31-2005, 10:52 PM
dude y would u want a cat on your car? and u cant pull the inspection excuse cause my car passed oky doky with no cats

Maybe he is a tree hugging hippy who cares about the environment...

pffft, whats the environment done for me? Huh? Nothin! Ta hell with it!

:banana:

-Cliff

99SL2_Modder
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM

Inspection.

Unlike many, I actually go and get it tested for real and get the visuals and everything.

It's not that big a deal if you get a high flowing one.

04 Turbo Spec
08-01-2005, 02:36 PM

Inspection.

Unlike many, I actually go and get it tested for real and get the visuals and everything.

It's not that big a deal if you get a high flowing one.

well y don't u become like everyone else and don't get a visual inspection so u can have no cats?

im not knocking u or nothing but it would have been cheaper and more powerful (not that much but still every little bit helps)

2point4DSM
08-01-2005, 04:17 PM
My buddy referred me to Gary. I spoke to him and he said that the only way he could make a turbo back exhaust for my car is if I left it with him for two days.

... I didn't want to leave my car there for two days, though.

99SL2_Modder
08-01-2005, 04:49 PM
My buddy referred me to Gary. I spoke to him and he said that the only way he could make a turbo back exhaust for my car is if I left it with him for two days.

Gary as in NE or Gary as in Competition?

SilverTurboRidin
08-01-2005, 05:11 PM

Gary as in NE or Gary as in Competition?

Good question. But if it was Gary from NE, and it was my car i would have done it. He had our 2003 Mustang GT for 2 day's, would have taken one but the X-pipe wasnt in. When he got done it was one of the meanest sounding GT's in Levittown.

2point4DSM
08-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Gary off of RT13, close to the newspaper place.

99SL2_Modder
08-01-2005, 11:45 PM

Old 13. NE Exhaust.

The other Gary is on 13 and Beaver Dam...Competition Exhaust. Can't miss it...especially with the 9 (or was it 7's? Probably 9's) second camaro sitting in the left bay.

SilverTurboRidin
08-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Old 13. NE Exhaust.

The other Gary is on 13 and Beaver Dam...Competition Exhaust. Can't miss it...especially with the 9 (or was it 7's? Probably 9's) second camaro sitting in the left bay.

Wonder if he sold his 10 second dually..

99SL2_Modder
08-02-2005, 07:19 AM

Old 13. NE Exhaust.

Wonder if he sold his 10 second dually..

Who? Competition? Probably. I didn't see it in the lot. I DID see a running 442 right next to the office. :eek:

BlackBulletTSi
08-05-2005, 07:51 AM
exhaust ownz 0000000 lol