PDA

View Full Version : wheels?

ketchup!
07-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Has anyone bought wheels from pepboys and are they anygood?

xEJ20x
07-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Has anyone bought wheels from pepboys and are they anygood?

DO NOT EVER BUY ANY "PERFORMANCE" PRODUCT FROM PEPBOYS EVER!

Oil and filters are to be bought at Pepboys.

PaleDSM
07-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Depends on the rims. Motegis are fine. They are a common knock off brand that Pep Boys happened to pick up. They are no worse than Tenzo, Konig etc.

2point4DSM
07-19-2005, 11:21 PM
I've never heard of any problems. Although I don't remember Pepboys having any exceptional deals. You might have better luck going to tuner shops. I've bought many wheels via mail order. The last set came from a tuner shop and cost almost half of tirerack. Even Sears has some good deals if you check out their sales.

On the other hand if your looking for some really nice forged wheels, cause they are stronger and won't bend each time you hit a small pothole, then you need to stick to the tuner shops.

99SL2_Modder
07-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Depends on the rims. Motegis are fine. They are a common knock off brand that Pep Boys happened to pick up. They are no worse than Tenzo, Konig etc.

Meh. Motegis and Konigs are actually really good. Tenzo's...well, I haven't seen many in my diameter range, so I've got no clue as to quality.

15" Konig Helium...mmm, lightweight goodness.

99ElectronBlueCivicSi
07-20-2005, 06:33 AM
dont buy wheels from pep boys check out rota www.rotawheels.com i think it is theyre real lightweight wheels and real cheap check em out

PaleDSM
07-20-2005, 07:48 AM
I completely agree. I have had 3 or 4 sets of Konigs and have never had one single complaint on their quality.