PDA

View Full Version : AutoX Events

jb1830
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
As requested by troll...here's a list of upcoming events AutoX events.

Philly SCCA (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/index.html):

8/5 @ Ripken Stadium
8/19 @ Warminster (I heard this one is the best one)
9/2 @ Boeing
10/13 @ Ripken Stadium

South Jersey SCCA (http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo.html):

8/4 @ Camden County College

If you know of any other local events please add them to the list.

Cardriverx
07-30-2007, 05:30 PM
warminster is fun because its a long fast track (old runway). last time the lotus's were getting up to 70mph!

NOPSTNS
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
thats not fun....the tight and challenging courses are best!

anyone kno whats ripken like? iv been to boeing once and warminster 100 times....is it fast like warminster or slow and tight like boeing?

i prefer boeing...

piknockout
07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Ripken is a very nice lot. If you like Boeing, you'll like Ripken much better. Ripken is kind of in between a Boeing and Warminster lot. The layout of the lot allows for course elements not available at Boeing or Warminster.

Don't forget about Autocrosser's Inc. (www.autocrossersinc.org). They run all events at Ripken Stadium on the following dates:

August 19th
October 20th
November 4th
November 10th

I promise it's a good lot. :wink:

sisforsurfing
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
You've got Philly covered.

South Jersey SCCA (uses Camden County College)-
August 4
September 16
September 23
October 14
November 4

North Jersey SCCA (uses Englishtown Raceway Park)-
August 18
September 1
September 22
October 13
October 20
October 27
November 3

BMW SCCA, NJ (all dates use Commerce Bank Ballpark)-
August 19
September 9
October 7
October 28

Those are the dates posted on autox4u.com that I compiled recently.
Starting in September I'll be out a lot hopefully, since I'll have a looser schedule and want to get involved. For September and October if you want to do this you don't have much excuse to not get out there. There's an average of more than one event per week, and they're all within two hours of each other (max)

edit: Didn't know about Autocrossersinc, cool.

NOPSTNS
07-30-2007, 07:41 PM
illl be sure to hit ripken up soon......

sticky please....

bc we need more autox'ers on tst.....

bc
im tired of seein the yellow and silver sentras kickin everyones ass!!!!!!

ahaha jm fellas

piknockout
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
NiSsAnS aRe TeH fAsTaR!!!!

:lol: :-p :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, and that pesky little Saturn. :wink:

TommyBDragon
07-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Just in case anyone from the NEPA area wants to get in on the fun here are the rest of the events for this season for the Northeastern Penna Region

08/12/07---Old Kingston ShopRite, 500 3rd Avenue Kingston, PA
08/26/07---Schuylkill Mall, Frackville, PA
09/02/07---Luzerne County Community College, Lot E, Nanticoke, PA
09/16/07---Brodart Company, 500 Arch Street Williamsport, PA
10/07/07---Schuylkill Mall, Frackville, PA

Wont let me post links to due post count, so if you go to www dot nepascca dot org you can get the usual info and directions to the events.
- Tom

TTsupra911
07-30-2007, 10:32 PM
and now for the Susquehanna Region SCCA (http://www.scca-susq.com/index.html)...

8/5 - York Fair Grounds
9/1 and 9/2 - PA State Championship - Farm Show Complex
10/27 and 10/28 - Giants Stadium - Hershey, PA

wow Susq region doesn't have many events left this year. I'm not sure if I'm going to run Ripkin or York this weekend, but I'm kinda leaning towards Ripkin.

psushoe
07-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Ripken ftw! :)

TTsupra911
07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Ripken ftw! :)

exactly. Plus Ripkin is only a 20 minute longer drive... kinda :lol:

piknockout
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Wish I could be at Ripken this weekend. :mad:

So Aaron and Adrian, when are you guys coming down for a D.C. event. Now that is some fun. Think Ripken times five. :wink:

Charged SVTF
07-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Anyone going to run this Saturday at SJR-SCCA? We got 7 Runs in two weeks ago on a Sunday. This is the first Saturday run for them I believe.

TROLL
07-31-2007, 05:32 PM
annnnd sticky. like tires.

Cardriverx
07-31-2007, 09:04 PM

So Aaron and Adrian, when are you guys coming down for a D.C. event. Now that is some fun. Think Ripken times five. :wink:

I cant make it eaither =(

TTsupra911
07-31-2007, 10:55 PM

I'm thinking I'm going to make it down for the 8/12 one. What day and time did you say I need to be sitting by my computer ready to register? So Aaron, that leaves you, come on you know you wanna go

slc14
08-01-2007, 01:03 AM
i wanna run this weekend but there's no way i can hang on stock tires and suspension in SM. suspension, sway, and struts are in the mail and r-comps in the making though.

piknockout
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
You may not be able to hang, but any experience you get now will make you even faster when you get the other go-fast parts. Trust, it's still worth going. :wink:

Adrian, if you plan to come down to the 8/12 event, you need to be logged in to www.dlbracing.com a little before 8pm on Sunday August 5th with registration opening at 8pm. It will probably fill up by 8:20-8:30pm. If you can't get in initially, get on the wait list as you'll probably still get in as people drop out who are season subscribers. And Aaron, you should try and make it down for this one. :-p

Charged SVTF
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
i wanna run this weekend but there's no way i can hang on stock tires and suspension in SM. suspension, sway, and struts are in the mail and r-comps in the making though.
You may not be able to hang, but any experience you get now will make you even faster when you get the other go-fast parts. Trust, it's still worth going. :wink:

Very Very True. I am in the same boat you are, well minus buying suspension and R compounds lol. But hell, its still fun no matter where I place. But drive hard anyways. I still have not finished last when I have gone to the small SJR-SCCA meets. Haven't had the oppurtunity to get out to Boeing or Westministers or Ripkin. I am afraid of my car breaking out there and not being able to get it back home in the same day.

piknockout
08-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Then perhaps you should do a better job of putting your car together. :-p

Charged SVTF
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow, look out, no need to flame me. I am sensitive lol. Aaron saw my piece of ****. I almost cried when I saw how nice his was.

Trust me, I wish I could turn my daily into an AutoX/Track king. Just hard to do with only $400 a week right now. Still searching for good work besides this **** job. This place is about to go under. So I do not have the money to invest into my car besides gas.

I seriously need to do the Timing belt, rotors, and pads. Also have a hung caliper. If it breaks locally, i can get it back to my friends shop and piece her back together. Its kinda hard to get my buddy and his trailer to go an hour or farther away.

I am already jealous of the time, parts, and other investments yall guys get to make towards the cars and the track. Dont need to smother it in my face butt monkey :eek:

redwrxwagon02
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
timbo u lied auto x is on saturday not sunday

Charged SVTF
08-01-2007, 12:54 PM
No I said to you last night that it was this Saturday. And the last one was on a Sunday, that most of them are on Sundays. I said this is the first Saturday event i believed for the SJR-SCCA at camden county college. Figured it was important to say Saturday since you couldnt come to the sunday events the past two times.

I would never lie to you hunny.

TTsupra911
08-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Adrian, if you plan to come down to the 8/12 event, you need to be logged in to www.dlbracing.com a little before 8pm on Sunday August 5th with registration opening at 8pm. It will probably fill up by 8:20-8:30pm. If you can't get in initially, get on the wait list as you'll probably still get in as people drop out who are season subscribers. And Aaron, you should try and make it down for this one. :-p

:thumbup:I'm just hoping I'm actually at my place in time to register then. Time to check and see if my phone will load up the page...

piknockout
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Wow, look out, no need to flame me. I am sensitive lol. Aaron saw my piece of ****. I almost cried when I saw how nice his was.

Trust me, I wish I could turn my daily into an AutoX/Track king. Just hard to do with only $400 a week right now. Still searching for good work besides this **** job. This place is about to go under. So I do not have the money to invest into my car besides gas.

I seriously need to do the Timing belt, rotors, and pads. Also have a hung caliper. If it breaks locally, i can get it back to my friends shop and piece her back together. Its kinda hard to get my buddy and his trailer to go an hour or farther away.

I am already jealous of the time, parts, and other investments yall guys get to make towards the cars and the track. Dont need to smother it in my face butt monkey :eek:

You do know I was joking...right? :bigeek:

Charged SVTF
08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I quote myself. "Sensitive".

Yea but I have a sense of humor too and know your joking. But figured I would fill you in on my situation for AutoX. Otherwise you would wake up with a blue svt focus versus a yellow SE-R

redwrxwagon02
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
No I said to you last night that it was this Saturday. And the last one was on a Sunday, that most of them are on Sundays. I said this is the first Saturday event i believed for the SJR-SCCA at camden county college. Figured it was important to say Saturday since you couldnt come to the sunday events the past two times.

I would never lie to you hunny.

aww thanks shnookums i misheard you then

ill definately bethere on saturday

Charged SVTF
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
nice!

psushoe
08-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm planning to be at both SJR and Philly this weekend, but that's a tough sell with the wife. Philly will win out if it comes down to one. I'll look into the WDCR event. I want to... depends on what else is on the list and prior commitments. I may substitute it for the SJR event.

piknockout
08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I promise you you'll have A LOT more fun...trust me. :wink:

TTsupra911
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I may not be making it down to Ripkin this weekend now. :mad: But there's no way I'm going to miss the DC event

piknockout
08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Sweet, hope to see you there Adrian...and Aaron. :wink:

Sleeper
08-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I've never autoxd before. Im thinking about checking out philly this weekend. My laser is pretty heavily modified for drag (built motor, cams, decent size turbo, KYB AGX/Ebiach combo, full cage etc etc), what class would I be in and would I have a frikin chance in hell at not coming in last in the class Id be in?

TTsupra911
08-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I've never autoxd before. Im thinking about checking out philly this weekend. My laser is pretty heavily modified for drag (built motor, cams, decent size turbo, KYB AGX/Ebiach combo, full cage etc etc), what class would I be in and would I have a frikin chance in hell at not coming in last in the class Id be in?

The Laser would be in Street Mod (SM) however the nice thing about Philly region is that they run a separate class just for novices. You would then be competing against driver's with only a few event's under their belts or a first time driver like yourself. I recommend coming out and giving it a shot, you'll have a blast down at Ripken. Also why not bring the Evo out instead?

NOPSTNS
08-02-2007, 07:36 PM
tru dat, id rather rock a stock evo on my first autox event then a full on drag car. if somethings set uop for drag god only knos whats its like in the twisties.....

im skippin the next few runs for phillyscca due to unforseen health circumstances. im DEF goin to ripken before the end of the autox season. lukcily for me they run ripken in october as well. so all i kno is i want to run boeing warminster and ripken once more b4 i switch to the "winter" tires i will rock till till the spring.

hope to see u nissan bitches soon!

Sleeper
08-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, the Evo isnt stock, as a matter of fact it is wayyyy overpowered for an autox. 626whp and a turbo that builds boost at ~4500rpms isnt going to be very controllable in a tight course. Road racing, it would do awesome but Im not there yet.

The laser dynod last weekend at 400whp and has a much more capable turbo for midrange and low end torque. The full drag setup is actually sitting on the shelf so I think it would be a lot more fun in an autox.

As far as the twisties, it is pretty solid having a full 8pt in it. Body flex is minimal and the suspension is pretty tight. The KYB/AGX combo is what a lot of DSM'ers run when they cant afford a coil over setup. I dont think it would be too sloppy if I can get a decent set of tires for the event. My BFG drag radials definately wont cut it lol.

Im going to try to make it out to embaress myself if I can convince my GF to let me come out and play saturday and sunday since I want to go to the CF car show sunday.

One question though, what time do these autox's start/end? Thanks!

psushoe
08-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Looks like I will be taking saturday off and doing some stuff around the house, but I will be at ripken on Sunday. I will also be making a trip to DC in a week :mrgreen:

We may have to work out a caravan down for the DE/PA folks if I don't go down the night before.

den9
08-03-2007, 06:04 AM
how many passes do u get, and how many seconds is it usually

jb1830
08-03-2007, 10:11 AM
how many passes do u get, and how many seconds is it usually

It's different everytime...How long it takes depends on the track...I think usually in the mid 30sec range...I know some tracks are longer (Warminster). And the number of passes usually isn't less than 3...depends on the time and number of people. We ran 5 at Boeing last weekend.

piknockout
08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
For Boeing around 30 seconds, for Ripken around 45 seconds, and for Warminster and D.C. around 60 seconds. Usually you can expect to get at least 4 runs, sometimes 5 and rarely 3. But I promise you for that 60 seconds or less...you're free. :-p Trust me, it's the most fun you'll ever have going under 60mph. :wink:

Aaron, you should definitely come down the night before and spend the night before D.C. I'll talk to Karen later to see what she thinks about it.

den9
08-03-2007, 02:42 PM
i did the autox at waterfest it was def fun, but for 40 bucks for 3-5 runs, id rather just drive around parking lots or back roads. ill put my flame suit on now

piknockout
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
To each their own I guess. I'll put my flamethrower away for now. :wink:

TTsupra911
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Just completed my registration for the DC event. Now I gotta figure out if I'm going to drive down Saturday night or leave early Sunday. Either way Josh and Aaron I'll see you two on Sunday.

psushoe
08-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice! Gonna be a fun day :)

piknockout
08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
I kept checking to make sure you two got it. I promise you guys are going to have an absolute blast! And Adrian, if you want to meet up with us around Columbia and follow us down let me know. :wink:

TTsupra911
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah I'll just meet you two in Columbia. Josh just shoot me a PM with where you want to meet up and what time I need to be down there. :thumbup:

piknockout
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
FYI, the D.C. event this weekend will be held on the same lot as the D.C. Pro Solo. This lot has more elevation change than the one that is usually used, which should make for a more interesting course. I also think the lot is a tad bit smaller than the lot that's usually used, but I think will be more interesting with tons of camber change and more hilly.

psushoe
08-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Ooo, that's going to be awesome! I remember walking that pro solo course(s)... something else to learn about :)

piknockout
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Run order for this Sunday Aaron and Adrian. :wink:

The run groups for this Sunday's autocross will be as follows:

A CS, SS, STS, ES
B AS, GS, STU
C AM, BM, CM, DM, EM, FM, FP, FSAE, FSP, HS, SM2, BSP
D ASP, DSP, EP, ESP, FS, GP, STX, XP
E BS, CSP, DS, STS2
F CP, DP, F125, SM

BSP moved from A -> C
STS2 moved from D -> E

F: runs 1st, works 2nd
D: runs 2nd, works 3rd
E: runs 3rd, works 1st
C: runs 4th, works 5th
A: runs 5th, works 6th
B: runs 6th, works 4th

TTsupra911
08-09-2007, 02:13 PM
:thumbup: I'm really looking forward to getting down there. Funny part is that it isn't bothering me knowing that I need to wake up at 4:30 on Sunday to get down there...

piknockout
08-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, you'll be done early so you can head back pretty early and take a nap. It'll be worth it. :mrgreen:

TTsupra911
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM
^ exactly what I plan on doing

TTsupra911
08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
So yesterday I woke up @ 4:30 to go down and run with the DC Region @ FedEx feild. I had a great time once again and the experience gained due to the off camber corners and elevation changes was great. With the Philly region you are usually able to see the majority of the course from one spot, not so with the DC Region :thumbup:. Made it interesting not being able to see the next gate at times until 20' before you crest the hill.
I personally had a heck of a time getting any sort of traction out of my tires by the end of the run. The Azenis where just to hot and would not grip. This is mostly due to the off camber corners. My passenger side tires where both extremely hot, while I couldn't get my driver's side rear to heat up at all. My quickest run ended up being a 45.2, but I coned it away at some point in time and stood on a 46.x.
Both Josh and Aaron placed respectivly in their classes, although Josh will still claim that he drove slow. Josh thanks again for inviting me down, I'll have to try and make it down more often.

piknockout
08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
BTW, results are now up. :wink:

http://solo.wdcr-scca.org/results/20070812.php

Glad to see that you and Aaron made it down. It was a little shorter than the typical Fed Ex courses though, which was a little unfortunate. Usually the courses are in the high 50 second range instead of the low 40 second range. But definitely still a very fun course. You gotta love all the elevation changes, makes for an interesting course. Video will be up tonight.

Best run was a 44.2xx, good enough for 2nd in STX out of 11. My fastest run was a 43.8xx, but hit a mysterious cone, and then continued to go slower on each subsequent run. But most importantly, I was able to get a 4pt. advantage in the season standings after the event. The guy I was tied with for first came in 5th yesterday, so I've got some breathing room. I still need to win at least one of the next two events to come close to clinching the season, so I've got some work to do still. What's nice about our class this year is that nobody has won 1st place twice this year, and yesterday's top 6 were within 0.6 seconds. Definitely a nice competitive class.

And congrats to Aaron on his 3rd place SM finish out of 16 drivers. Adrian, you're only a set of R-compounds and a little more experience away from beating him. Trust me, he's not that good. :-p

psushoe
08-14-2007, 07:00 AM
^^ Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence, Josh. I had fun, and I'm glad I pulled a top 5 finish. I could have broken 41.x if I hadn't screwed up that last run. I pulled a 42.0 while completely over driving a few sections. Oh well, next time :)

piknockout
08-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Ugh, I watched the video last night and I left tons of time out there. Watching my third run, I was totally on point and it would have been my money run...except for braking late cresting at the hill after the lane changes and going off course. If I hadn't botched that I think I had a mid 43.xx that would have pulled out the win. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

psushoe
08-14-2007, 11:42 AM
There's the could'a would'a should'a. We need to stop doing that :-p

piknockout
08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
My full update and video. :wink:

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39124

TTsupra911
08-14-2007, 12:04 PM
<--- needs to get a harness bar with camera mount along with a massive amount of other things...

Sways and R-comps in particular.
<----- is now taking donations for said items :mrgreen:

461_SS
02-21-2008, 01:10 AM
2008 Warminster dates:

* Sunday, April 20th
* Sunday, May 4th
* Sunday, June 1st
* Sunday, July 13th
* HOLBERT MEMORIAL!! Two day event - August 30th & 31st
* Sunday, September 28th
* Tentative - Sunday, October 12th
* Tentative - Sunday, October 26th

Raced the last race they had there last year and had a blast! Was my first time autocrossing and will be back for more! Hopefully i'll be back in a more competitive car! lol

piknockout
02-27-2008, 12:12 PM
From the other thread I started. If anyone wants an Excel version, send me a PM with your email address. :wink:

http://a248.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/l_3d1173a62640105f67b66f0c93ad22a7.jpg

461_SS
02-28-2008, 01:00 AM
yeah saw this while i was browsing the internet at school. Once i find a CRX Si worth fixing up for an STS2 car i'll be going to way more events! lol

Scapegoat
02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
can't wait. I just got my SCCA membership car in the mail last week...

time to turn the boost back down and hit the autox events

piknockout
02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
They're offering cars now? All I got was a card. :(

J/K :-p

Scapegoat
02-28-2008, 02:20 PM
it came with the $25 registration fee to get more people under 25 y/o interested in racing.... :eek:

Camden Community College..... :bigeek:

piknockout
02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Yes...although I think it's technically Camden County Community College.

Details:

Directions to Camden County Community College - Blackwood Campus
From Camden/Philadelphia:

Take Route 42 South. Exit at the Blackwood/Clementon exit.
Turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp (onto Blackwood/ Clementon road)
Turn right at the first traffic light (onto Erial Road).
Follow Erial Road to the second traffic light and turn right (onto Little Gloucester Road).
Continue straight past the next traffic light. The college is on the right side.

Scapegoat
02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
isn't that a little... dangerous lol

piknockout
02-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Nope, not at all. It's not in Camden, NJ. Now that would be dangerous! :eek:

Scapegoat
02-28-2008, 11:56 PM
ok sweet... so that makes about 40 local autocross events....

I'm gonna need new tires before the end of the year...

K-Rex
02-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I've been interested in doing a few AutoX events because I see it as a safe and legal way to have some fun.

However, I have little racing experience and a virtually stock Forester XT. Now I'm not so concerned about looking like a noob (I'm too old to care), but what I don't want to do is come waste time that could be used for more enthusiastic competitors.

Do they run in groups based on experience so for people like me I can just come out an have a good time or is this full on competition and probably not a good idea for me to compete?

Scapegoat
02-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I've been interested in doing a few AutoX events because I see it as a safe and legal way to have some fun.

However, I have little racing experience and a virtually stock Forester XT. Now I'm not so concerned about looking like a noob (I'm too old to care), but what I don't want to do is come waste time that could be used for more enthusiastic competitors.

Do they run in groups based on experience so for people like me I can just come out an have a good time or is this full on competition and probably not a good idea for me to compete?

come out. you're not wasting anyones time.

You pick 1 of 4 heats to run in. You get 4 runs, everyone goes through one by one, you go again once everyone goes. You also work one of the heats, this is usually resetting up cones when BMW drivers plow through them.

PS: I've only done one event... don't worry about wasting time. Everyone starts a noob at some point and screws up and does stupid ****, etc etc etc. No run is a wasted run, its all learning.

K-Rex
02-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Where do I need to look to get started?

Scapegoat
02-29-2008, 11:38 PM
http://phillyscca.com/ :)

piknockout
03-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Links depend on where you want to run.

www.phillyscca.com
www.sjr-scca.com
www.scca-susq.com
www.wdcr-scca.com

Forget the one for North New Jersey though. When you come out to the event, just sign up in Novice class. Make sure you get an instructor on your first two runs at least, it will be a huge help. And you're wasting nobody's time, all of us started as novices at one point. :wink:

Scapegoat
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Speaking of novice... how do they feel about someone running in the novice class their first season?

My car would fall into the modified class due to the minor power adders, and I don't feel as if I'd have any chance of hanging in that class. Maybe next year...

piknockout
03-02-2008, 05:18 PM
The Novice class is an indexed class. You would still run your normal class (SM for example), and times would be adjusted based on the PAX indexes to determine the winner in Novice. It's just like Pro class and Ladies class.

Scapegoat
03-02-2008, 05:55 PM
awesome, now I won't feel bad running novice all season...

a-m-m
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Forget the one for North New Jersey though.

http://www.scca-nnjr.org/
or
http://www.autox4u.com/nnjr.htm

itouge.com
03-03-2008, 11:02 PM
alright so im deff gonna try to head to the e-town auto-x all the time but where do i register and how do i go about it???

piknockout
03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Also forgot, www.autocrossersinc.org and they will be hosting their five events at Fed Ex Field in D.C. Man I love that lot, and get to run on it 14 times this year including WDCR season, A.I. season, and the D.C. Pro. :mrgreen:

a-m-m
03-04-2008, 05:15 PM
alright so im deff gonna try to head to the e-town auto-x all the time but where do i register and how do i go about it???

Keep your eye on the autoX4u site. They usually post up a link to pre-register a week prior to each event.

sisforsurfing
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Pre-registration for Englishtown on March 22nd is open. Go to http://www.autox4u.com/nnjr.htm and scroll down to the schedule, there's a link.
My car is in full winter mode with no parts installed but I'll be there regardless... see you guys out there.

thewake
03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
SJR's first event registration is also open. Here is the link: http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo.html for all the events. The initial announcement is here: http://www.sjr-scca.org/forums/ipb/index.php?showtopic=446

piknockout
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I gotta wait until April 6th unfortunately. But I'm going to try and the the 40 run test and tune at D.C. on the 13th and then the first points event is on the 20th. I think I pretty much have an event scheduled for every other weekend through October. It "should" be a good year. :mrgreen:

alwaysinboost
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll see ya'll in the 22nd also. the EVO is in full winter mode with blizzacks and all, should be a good time :)

Roto
03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
My car is still all over the shop floor...look like I won't be broken in 'till mid-april....

Scapegoat
03-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't see a philly scca region under club memberships on the website... do I sign up under jersey?

Scapegoat
03-12-2008, 06:46 PM
another question :)

I have a wastegate, boost controller, fpr mod, and a map clamp... would this put me into street modified or street prepared?

piknockout
03-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I would say Street Mod to be safe. If you're still learning, it doesn't really matter too much. You'll also probably find more people competing in SM as well, makes it more fun if you ask me. :wink:

BTW, these babies showed up last week. Yummy, 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE-01R's. I can't wait to mount these up. :mrgreen:

FYI, compared to 235/40/17 Falken Azenis 615's.

http://a862.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_614192fb152ae6f56a326abeee8b285d.jpg
http://a793.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_c1d4bea1b31a9a71ae34502bca3439a8.jpg
http://a750.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/87/l_72a55f426bb39b3e5d933e18ba0a1085.jpg
http://a298.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_ba07bf6bdc563c14b105da0cf7704941.jpg
http://a977.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/l_0717e83f4e411f95881176c887153780.jpg

07NHBPCivicSi
03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
my 225-45-17 615-t's just came today cant wait till the 22 to break them in...Also if there a club i can join for the scca web site, like a club that alot of you guys are in

I would say Street Mod to be safe. If you're still learning, it doesn't really matter too much. You'll also probably find more people competing in SM as well, makes it more fun if you ask me. :wink:

BTW, these babies showed up last week. Yummy, 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE-01R's. I can't wait to mount these up. :mrgreen:

FYI, compared to 235/40/17 Falken Azenis 615's.

http://a862.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_614192fb152ae6f56a326abeee8b285d.jpg
http://a793.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_c1d4bea1b31a9a71ae34502bca3439a8.jpg
http://a750.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/87/l_72a55f426bb39b3e5d933e18ba0a1085.jpg
http://a298.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_ba07bf6bdc563c14b105da0cf7704941.jpg
http://a977.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/l_0717e83f4e411f95881176c887153780.jpg

Roto
03-13-2008, 08:02 AM
I keep staring on my 225-50-16 RE-01Rs and STILL contemplating getting lighter wheels....

camry man68
04-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Anybody here part of the autocross club that has the autocross events at giants stadium? If so then how is it?

FocusDude
04-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Is giants stadium the same as the meadowlands??? pardon my ignorance.

camry man68
04-13-2008, 01:07 AM
its right next to it so I guess it could be considered the same

FocusDude
04-13-2008, 07:10 AM
I've never been up to... but talking to some on the NNJR folks last year, they said. The courses were fast,fun, & technical- and the competition is fierce! The parking lot is much smoother then Englishtown, if you've ever been there! Take here-say for what it's worth, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't regret it.

Josh93eg
06-13-2008, 07:49 PM
niiice

Josh93eg
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM
o mam ma ma

Ciotti
07-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Anyone going to the SJ SCCA event on the 27th???

psushoe
07-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Going to the Autocrosser's Inc event in DC this weekend, not sure if I'll be in town next weekend.

UnderPoweredRS
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll be at the event on the 27th. I have to keep rocking the SM class.

psushoe
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Is that lot any better this year? Last year it was all sandy and no grip for the r-comps (street tires proved to be faster). I'm assuming the construction is done on the college...?

Ciotti
07-18-2008, 01:40 AM
The construction is done and the lot only has 1 or 2 spots with the gravel, those few spots usually get broomed off during the walk through anyway so it's all set.

DIAF
10-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Tomorrow's NNJR SCCA event has been cancelled. Nov 1st non-points event will now be the last points event.

c7scayman
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
How much do these AutoX events usually cost?
Can anyone go and drive in them or do you have to have roll bar and safety equiptment?

jb1830
12-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Anyone can go. As long as your car isn't blowing up, you have seatbelts and your battery is tied down you're good.

Prices vary. I recommend checking your local SCCA website but its usually in the $30-$50 range to participate for 1 event and you get anywhere from 3-5 runs, sometimes even more.

Zillon
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Thread revival!

The Philadelphia Region SCCA chapter is hosting the Holberts 2-day Memorial Autocross event at Warminster Community Park this coming weekend.

Pre-reg closes tomorrow night, and pre-registration is mandatory.

Link to pre-reg page: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/A6E2162A-EA67-0CFA-771C6524F488F21D

DO IT.

If you don't know what class you're in, please consult these rules:
http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=44

Slick 87
05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Damn the warminster event is near me. to bad i got phillies tickets that day, I would try and go.

Erik
05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
god damn. i work til 1030. I need tires anyway...Anyone know of a schedule for upcoming 2009 autox events?

Zillon
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
god damn. i work til 1030. I need tires anyway...Anyone know of a schedule for upcoming 2009 autox events?

http://scca.org/

nyrsolo
12-12-2010, 12:44 AM
SCCA Solo National Tour and Pro Solo schedule has been listed fore 2011.

Meadowlands will have a Pro Solo in May, and Dover Raceway will have National Tour in June.

New York Region has its new solo forums on sccaforums and can be followed on facebook under Nyr Solo.

2g Talon
08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
hmm.. been thinking of getting into autox, any good website reads you guys can recommend?

c7scayman
08-10-2012, 10:26 AM
hmm.. been thinking of getting into autox, any good website reads you guys can recommend?

Just go to the SCCA website. Sign up as an SCCA member. Read the rules. Sign up for autox events on motorsportreg.com and come out to play.

JB'sLGT
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM

The best way to learn is by doing. We have an event tomorrow. Rain or shine. And if it rains you'll learn way more.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calendar_main.php?viewevent=11345&selectclubid=15&curmonthindex=12&curyearindex=6

Online pre-reg is closed for tomorrow, but you can still register in person.

Charged SVTF
08-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Looking to co-drive....not sure if I will be with Alex Compton. Not sure if he is bringing his white Miata or not.