PDA

View Full Version : NJ is getting serious with fines

MPowerKai
07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I just got out of court and had to shell out 600 bucks. They pulled me over 2 months ago 43 in a 25 and my insurance card expired but I didn't know about it. I know I was covered though the insurance company just didn't send me the new card or I probably just threw it out because I thought it was junk mail. Anyway I go in with the new insurance card thinking they would drop that one but I was wrong. They hit me for failure to exhibit insurance anyway 180 and for speeding I asked for no points so they gave me unsafe driving which is 400 bucks. plus some stupid court fees.

The worst is they don't take any form of credit card :mad:

Snoozie
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
That sucks. Our insurance co. has a bad habit of not sending us new cards. Keith's had to go up to our agency a few times to get temperary ones printed.

TrboChicsRock
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM
That isn't anything new. McGreevy passed that law probably 4 years ago. You now have to pay a state surcharge on any ticket that's dropped to unsafe driving. The worst part is insurance companies have now picked up on this unsafe driving plea and will still raise your insurance if you get that ticket. So not only do you pay the state mandatory surcharge, but your insurance will go up as well.

I got a speeding ticket for doing 60 in a 50. I went to court to have it dropped and paid over $500 between the ticket, court fee, and surcharge. The worst part is, my insurance went up even more than it would have if I had just kept the ticket because they treated it as a 4 point ticket, where as it was only a 2.

Intercooled T
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM
ouch. yea, I think I had to bring cash/check last time I went to court.

I think they need an E-Z Pass thing for the court room for traffic violations lol :)

MPowerKai
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
That isn't anything new. McGreevy passed that law probably 4 years ago. You now have to pay a state surcharge on any ticket that's dropped to unsafe driving. The worst part is insurance companies have now picked up on this unsafe driving plea and will still raise your insurance if you get that ticket. So not only do you pay the state mandatory surcharge, but your insurance will go up as well.

I got a speeding ticket for doing 60 in a 50. I went to court to have it dropped and paid over $500 between the ticket, court fee, and surcharge. The worst part is, my insurance went up even more than it would have if I had just kept the ticket because they treated it as a 4 point ticket, where as it was only a 2.

Ah man, I only did it because I thought there would be no points thus no insurance hike.

On a side note I like your avatar lol. :)

redwrxwagon02
07-26-2007, 11:17 AM
i got clocked doin 38 in a 35 and got a speeding fine for 200 and 2 points
that was back when i hated life

silver05bullet
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
courts suck period and so do cops

IntegrasAreBest
07-26-2007, 11:39 AM
^ so true.

goodfella732
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM

next time you need help you remember this statement. that asshole cops shouldnt you then. i love the people who rag on cops who enforce the laws when they are broken. only reason you're pissed is because you got caught.

Ducky 2.0T
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
That sucks. Our insurance co. has a bad habit of not sending us new cards. Keith's had to go up to our agency a few times to get temperary ones printed.

They wont email them to you?

Ducky 2.0T
07-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Yeah.. i think we should get rid of them in general... :roll:

Oreo931
07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
next time you need help you remember this statement. that asshole cops shouldnt you then. i love the people who rag on cops who enforce the laws when they are broken. only reason you're pissed is because you got caught.
I think many would agree that a large amount of law enforcement officers abuse their power.

tjf
07-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I think many would agree that a large amount of law enforcement officers abuse their power.

espically new jersey state troopers

italianblaze
07-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah.. i think we should get rid of them in general... :roll:

yeah then the whole world can resemble this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/middle_east_beirut_destruction/img/1.jpg

Barry'z (NJ)
07-26-2007, 02:53 PM
yeah then the whole world can resemble thisI think you missed the "Roll Eyes" indicating sarcasm(?)

RayArroyo
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
i have a problem where my insurance company sends us like 4 cards every month, we are allways like wtf

Buster
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
those are mine ray.

OutlawzPrez
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah I just got a b.s. $45 dollar ticket in the mail for ez pass. They sent me a pic of my car with my plate on the letter. I guess the ez pass didn't register or something. Another reason why I hate jersey.

ITSTOCK
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Insurance is an entirely different rant. **** them.

But anyway,

43 in a 25 and you are complaining about FINES?!?!?!

Wow.

MPowerKai
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM

But anyway,

Wow.

You'd be singing a different tune if you saw the road. It's not a school road where little kids run around. It's a friggin highway!! I should be cruising 80mph! god knows the cops do.

Oh yes, and I hate police too. For those who say just wait till I need them, well, they are never around when I need them!!

99SL2_Modder
07-26-2007, 05:42 PM
I got lucky. I got a 5pt ticket over 2 years ago for speeding. I paid that sucker off that night, and my insurance went down, not up.

italianblaze
07-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I think you missed the "Roll Eyes" indicating sarcasm(?)

lol i completely overlooked that whoops

goodfella732
07-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah I just got a b.s. $45 dollar ticket in the mail for ez pass. They sent me a pic of my car with my plate on the letter. I guess the ez pass didn't register or something. Another reason why I hate jersey.

Last time I checked NJ didnt invent the Ezpass. Do you have PA, NY, and the other states that use EZpass too?

I love the people who complain about the cops. That stuff is quite funny. Whaaaaa!! I got caught speeding. F the police. Grow up.

goodfella732
07-26-2007, 07:04 PM

But anyway,

Wow.

Exactly. Almost double the posted speed limit and not responible enough to make sure his documents were up to date. Is it the cops fault you didnt get your insurance card? Is it the cops fault you were speeding? Boo f-ing hoo.

ITSTOCK
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Exactly. Almost double the posted speed limit and not responible enough to make sure his documents were up to date. Is it the cops fault you didnt get your insurance card? Is it the cops fault you were speeding? Boo f-ing hoo.

Well, in all fairness, it is stupid that just because he didn't have the insurance card ON HIM he got a ticket. The cop was just doing his job, but around here, if you bring your card to court, they usually do drop it. At any rate, it's not the cops fault, but usually the judge will show leniency. However, 18 over in a 25, the judge wasn't looking at doing the give away game :lol:

MPowerKai
07-26-2007, 07:42 PM

IT WAS A HIGHWAY!!! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU ENCOUNTERED ONE WHERE THE SPEED LIMIT WAS 25-35! ALSO THE LAST TIME I CHECKED DOUBLE THE SPEED LIMIT WAS 50, I HAD A 7 MILE MARGIN!!

ALSO SINCE YOU ADDED THE COMMENT "BOO F-CKING HOO" I WASN'T COMPLAINING ABOUT MY FINES I WAS JUST SAYING THEY ARE GETTING MORE SERIOUS ABOUT THEM AS A WARNING FOR THOSE WHO LIVE BY THEMSELVES AND A 600 DOLLAR HIT IS SERIOUS.

ok, that was it

goodfella732
07-26-2007, 09:25 PM
IT WAS A HIGHWAY!!! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU ENCOUNTERED ONE WHERE THE SPEED LIMIT WAS 25-35! ALSO THE LAST TIME I CHECKED DOUBLE THE SPEED LIMIT WAS 50, I HAD A 7 MILE MARGIN!!

ALSO SINCE YOU ADDED THE COMMENT "BOO F-CKING HOO" I WASN'T COMPLAINING ABOUT MY FINES I WAS JUST SAYING THEY ARE GETTING MORE SERIOUS ABOUT THEM AS A WARNING FOR THOSE WHO LIVE BY THEMSELVES AND A 600 DOLLAR HIT IS SERIOUS.

ok, that was it

Do the signs posted say 25mph? Then you do 25 or 5 over if they let you slide with that. Last time I check "almost" wasn't 50. Try reading next time before you wanna get all sandy vagina on me. If a 600 dollar hit is serious to you then I have a idea. DONT F***ING SPEED!!!! Make sure your insurance paperwork is up to date. Not my fault, the cops fault, the judges fault, or the state's fault. If you disagree with the posted speed limit, write to the mayor or congressman. Your "I hate the police" comment is what gets you the boo hoo comment. I can't stand people who bash the cops. Alot of my family and friends are in law enforcement. I take offence for them when I have people who break the law whine about the fines and court costs because you cant follow the laws.

ITSTOCK,

Would you agree thou that it would be fair that an uninsurance driver should be let go just because they can present a valid but expired insurance card? He is lucky his car didn't get towed. Happened to a friend of mine. His card was expired but had valid insurance but they towed the car because how could he prove he truely had insurance? Im sure you, as would I, would be the first to flip in the event of an accident where the other car was uninsured. While I agree that it should be dropped down when he went to court and showed valid insurance at the time of the stop but Im not the judge. Im should he probably would have taken it alittle easy on him had he not had that rather large speeding ticket also.

LS2GTO
07-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I got 104 in a 65 in NJ a year ago and it was 700 bucks. Points and violation never transferred though. The only thing i like about PA is that. Rt 55 in jersey should be 85mph speed limit not 65.

MPowerKai
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Do the signs posted say 25mph? Then you do 25 or 5 over if they let you slide with that. Last time I check "almost" wasn't 50. Try reading next time before you wanna get all sandy vagina on me. If a 600 dollar hit is serious to you then I have a idea. DONT F***ING SPEED!!!! Make sure your insurance paperwork is up to date. Not my fault, the cops fault, the judges fault, or the state's fault. If you disagree with the posted speed limit, write to the mayor or congressman. Your "I hate the police" comment is what gets you the boo hoo comment. I can't stand people who bash the cops. Alot of my family and friends are in law enforcement. I take offence for them when I have people who break the law whine about the fines and court costs because you cant follow the laws.

Ok, fine if you want to play the calm game I can play that too. Where in my post do you see me bashing officers of the law?

Where is this quote "I hate police" or associated I hate police comments you speak of?

The only time I made an angry face smiley was because they didn't take credit cards. That was it.

This next comment is going to make me sound like a d*ckhead so I do appologize in advance to everyone except for goodfella732. Where do I say 600 dollars is serious to me? I could care less. I just said it was a warning to those who live by themselves and or have debt and can't take such a hit so unmindfully.

You're probably not worried about any tickets because like you said a lot of your family members and friends are police officers and you most likely have a stack of pba cards as well as pull so it doesn't matter if you get a ticket or not you can get them all erased. This is why a lot of people get "irked" when they get pulled over, because they don't have a backway out like you do. (don't even try to contest this statement because I have yet to see someone pay fines when they do not have to)

If you're going to get all "sandy vagina" on me then please by all means do so, but do so with some supporting evidence. (This means and I quote "Try reading next time before you wanna get all sandy vagina on me")

ITSTOCK
07-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Where in my post do you see me bashing officers of the law?

Where is this quote "I hate police" or associated I hate police comments you speak of?

Oh yes, and I hate police too. For those who say just wait till I need them, well, they are never around when I need them!!

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=608349&postcount=20

:wink:

http://www.poster.net/simpsons-the/simpsons-the-doh-4900579.jpg

MPowerKai
07-27-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=608349&postcount=20

:wink:

ouch

Thats my opinion, I wasn't bashing them. If it is illegal to have an opinion then I appologize in advance, but if it is legal than my opinion is sustained. :wink:

ITSTOCK
07-27-2007, 10:50 AM
We all make mistakes :wink:

Ok, fine if you want to play the calm game I can play that too. Where in my post do you see me bashing officers of the law?

The only time I made an angry face smiley was because they didn't take credit cards. That was it.

Thats my opinion, I wasn't bashing them. If it is illegal to have an opinion then I appologize in advance, but if it is legal than my opinion is sustained. :wink:

WTF

MPowerKai
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
We all make mistakes :wink:

WTF

Ooops my bad haha, well then I'm glad you found it and not goofballfellas whatever his name is :mrgreen:

I'd still like him to contest to me about bashing police officers though because he made an adamant point about that.

Gorilla Unit 33
07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
My friends going to jail for 15 days for doing 101 on ac expressway. Im not saying its right to speed at all just that has to suck.

zerioustt
07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Ooops my bad haha, well then I'm glad you found it and not goofballfellas whatever his name is :mrgreen:

I'd still like him to contest to me about bashing police officers though because he made an adamant point about that.

Why does he need to contest it? You bashed the police for doing there job. Seems like you got caught breaking the POSTED speed limit and now hate the police. You're welcome to your opinion but don't expect sympathy or people not to give you theirs.

"Don't do the crime I'd you can't do the time"

zerioustt
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
My friends going to jail for 15 days for doing 101 on ac expressway. Im not saying its right to speed at all just that has to suck.

What kind of car? And why would he stop?

MPowerKai
07-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Why does he need to contest it? You bashed the police for doing there job. Seems like you got caught breaking the POSTED speed limit and now hate the police. You're welcome to your opinion but don't expect sympathy or people not to give you theirs.

"Don't do the crime I'd you can't do the time"

why does everyone saying bashed? Where is this bashed? Where do I say I want sympathy? It was just a warning holy cow man. Oh I also hated police before they gave me the tickets, just fyi.

He doesn't need to, i just said i would like to see him contest it.

All these things being thrown around and not one person with the exception for ItStock has ben able to quote me on anything. What the hell.

goodfella732
07-27-2007, 08:54 PM

ok, that was it

Correct me if Im wrong but I think I prove myself here. I could be wrong and you simply saying that people other then yourself.

Yes I have family in law enforcement and friends but the only PBA card I have in my wallet is a friend of mine from 2005. Dont think thats really that good now. On top of the fact that everyone I know doesn't work local to where I live and drive around. I couldn't be stopped on the GSP and expect to simply talk my way out of it because I could name drop because half the people I know, most troopers wouldnt know. You wanna know how I keep from getting tickets..

ready for it...

DONT SPEED!!!!

EDIT:

I just reread your post and saw your little statement about giving a warning to people. Im sure those who would be effected but such a large ticket know better about keeping their paperwork in order and not speeding. Im sorry Mr.M3 baller man. Enjoy giving the state money and your insurance company alittle more each month.

goodfella732
07-27-2007, 09:03 PM
why does everyone saying bashed? Where is this bashed? Where do I say I want sympathy? It was just a warning holy cow man. Oh I also hated police before they gave me the tickets, just fyi.

He doesn't need to, i just said i would like to see him contest it.

All these things being thrown around and not one person with the exception for ItStock has ben able to quote me on anything. What the hell.

Sorry, I would have gotten to it but been busy with moving into a new apartment and coming on here and making posts wasn't really on my to-do list. Maybe if you stop worrying about tristate so much maybe you would have had your correct insurance card in the car? Not once did I say you bashed them by them. I said people who bash.

So you mean to tell me you posted about your little day in court and weren't expecting people to be like "damn man, that sucks, **** nj cops, that so messed up"? You were just posting to tell us that the NJ courts are actually getting serious with asshats like you who does whatever they want on the road and them blame the people who enforce the rules you break?

P.S.- I like that goofballfella name. Thanks. :mrgreen:

poolmike
07-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Why can't we all just get along?

Yo MPower....what dya make for dinner????anything good??

LS2GTO
07-27-2007, 11:04 PM
15 days in jail? Um, i've only heard of that in the nazi state Virginia where there is nothing but kangaroo courts. Judge must have been PMS'ing that day.

Micah
07-27-2007, 11:22 PM
My brother works in the Ocean County Prosecutors Office, before that he was a cop. One of the best things I've heard him say about the law is this: People break the law every day, criminals get caught because they are stupid.

I've got 0 points on my license, it's a bit of skill, and a bit of luck. More often than not, I'm obeying the posted speed limit - or only 2-4mph over.