PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good track?

Chico619
07-17-2007, 07:41 PM
lookin for a good track! Any suggestions?

NOPSTNS
07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
road course, like where skill is involved? or just a drag strip? or maybe autox? define please!

cmr076
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
road course, like where skill is involved? or just a drag strip? or maybe autox? define please!

your trying to say theres no skill involved in drag racing? :bigeek: for drag i would say, atco or englishtown for sure!

Im2Slow
07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
cecil county is better then atco imo.

den9
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
the nurburgring of course!

rmiii28
07-18-2007, 01:43 AM

i agree

Gregory
07-18-2007, 01:53 AM
I love how many runs you get at Cecil and the price is cheaper, but I think the track is kinda crap. Sorry to disagree, but it's just my oppinion. I race a Maple Grove regularly, but you still need to define what kind of track you are talking about. And a big part of where you want to go would probably be your location. Since you are from NJ, you may just want to stick with ATCO.

xEJ20x
07-18-2007, 01:54 AM
the nurburgring of course!

Thats not a good track.

Its the best.

Dave
07-18-2007, 01:54 AM
track 2 on sinner, bodies was the ****

Nick 95 6sp
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM

another one nobody mentioned yet

http://www.rakemag.com/today/yoivanhoe/archive/railroad%20tracks%202.jpg

But for cars that you want to challenge with turns, Pocono has many track days; Watkins Glen is a great track about 4 to 5 hrs from most of Jersey; soon to open in Millville NJ is Thunderbolt http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

Wiisass
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM
soon to open in Millville NJ is Thunderbolt http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

Don't jinx it Nick. The less people think about it the sooner it will happen.

Nick 95 6sp
07-22-2007, 10:49 AM
think? ...think about what? what track? NJ? where's that?

mums the word

htheduck
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Fun: Watkins Glen, NY
Ultimate: Nurburgring

The rest are just pit lanes.

BMS
07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
^ i would have to disagree, the glen is ok. tracks like Mid-Ohio, VIR, Sebring, Road atlanta, Miller Motorsport park, Road America ect........... there is alot more that are better than the glen

t3turbogs
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM

thats it right there. cecil is the s**t:banana:

ttzd
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM
island dragway, you'll get many runs if you don't mind the ghettoness.

the ones with turns around here lime rock, watkins glen, poconos. here is a pda driving school.

pdadrivingschool dot com

mylosteclipse
08-01-2007, 10:17 PM
island is the **** i didn't see any ghettoness lol well its close for me to go there and like u said u get alot of runs.

TurboTagTeam
08-02-2007, 12:12 AM
your trying to say theres no skill involved in drag racing? :bigeek:

Yes, drag racing takes about as much skill as pissing inside a urinal. :mrgreen:

If your into drag racing.. can't beat ATCO. Their tech inspection is a joke. You could run 8's on a john dear tractor and they wouldn't care.

Gregory
08-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Yes, drag racing takes about as much skill as pissing inside a urinal. :mrgreen:

There are different kinds of drag racing that you probably aren't aware of. Bracket racing for example.

TurboTagTeam
08-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm plenty familiar with drag racing. I'm just busting balls

htheduck
08-02-2007, 03:58 AM
^ i would have to disagree, the glen is ok. tracks like Mid-Ohio, VIR, Sebring, Road atlanta, Miller Motorsport park, Road America ect........... there is alot more that are better than the glen
without a doubt - those are awesome facilities.
but unfortunately, i nor my dad has a wallet as big as yours. :cry:

Sled
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM

If your into drag racing.. can't beat ATCO. Their tech inspection is a joke. You could run 8's on a john dear tractor and they wouldn't care.

this coming from a kid that says he ran a 12.7 at 130 and let off at the 1/8 mile. yeah, you know all about drag racing!:roll:

TurboTagTeam
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
this coming from a kid that says he ran a 12.7 at 130 and let off at the 1/8 mile. yeah, you know all about drag racing!:roll:

Ahh....Enter the mullets

alwaysinboost
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
we are lucky enough to have two of the fastest tracks in the country within driving distance, Atco & Etown.

My favorates are in order below:

Atco (best air and best hook around even though you have to drive thru the water box)
Etown (even though some of their events are run like **** the track prep is always great)
Cecil (nothing bad to say but nothing good either)
Maple Grove (too many damn rednecks)
Island (getto ass track, usually have to pit on the grass, dirt enterance road w/ all kinds of potholes - WTF is up with that, they hate imports and there is a dip just before the 1/8th mile!)

iMPORTGiRLiE91
08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
we go to the island, it's one of the closets tracks by us..
so I think it depends on how far you wanna go.

Sled
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Ahh....Enter the mullets

wow, your funny.

whats funny is your sig "Mike...Fabricator/Machanic--ModifiedFX MotorSports." thats some funny $hit right there!:lol:

alwaysinboost
08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
A few friends of mine live real close to Island and its their track of choice because of that. But they know what a good track is like because any chance they get they go to atco or etown. Even though its my least favorate track if I lived 20 minutes from there it would be my first choice aswell. I live about 1:30 - 1:45, but less then 100 miles, from all the tracks I listed so to me its a no brainer. if I'm going to drive that long I want the best track for my money.

TurboTagTeam
08-02-2007, 10:09 PM
wow, your funny.

whats funny is your sig "Mike...Fabricator/Machanic--ModifiedFX MotorSports." thats some funny $hit right there!:lol:

Yeah, I think it's funny too. I'm 20years old, OWN a car shop, and drive an 02 BMW M3 with wheels on it that cost more than all your cars put together. Funny as hell....well, maybe not to you.

TripleBlack9SE
08-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Thats not a good track.

Its the best.

Agreed.

/thread :)

HickRocket1258
08-03-2007, 08:38 AM
I would say that Cecil county is the best for the fastest times. They usually get the best air out of all the tracks, especially during the fall season. My favorite is Maple Grove though which is where I race almost every weekend anyways. That also is a great track for record breaking runs.

BMS
08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
without a doubt - those are awesome facilities.
but unfortunately, i nor my dad has a wallet as big as yours. :cry:

at any event, all you need is about 250 sign up fee, helmet, long pants and long sleeve shirt. basic tools, tire gauge and full gas tank. thats no more than 500$ for a great day of fun.

Sled
08-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I think it's funny too. I'm 20years old, OWN a car shop, and drive an 02 BMW M3 with wheels on it that cost more than all your cars put together. Funny as hell....well, maybe not to you.

hahaha! your brother owns a shop not you and your BMW is not worth more than all my cars. lol! keep dreaming. i like how you act like you own all this $hit and you know it all. atleast a few others and i know your full of $hit. i can buy a 02 M3 anytime i feel like. i just DONT want one. if anything id get a new 335 not a M3. i guess i should start calling my Dads shops mine. would that be cool?

turboman808
08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I love how he just figures everyone can read his mind. Running track, maybe your local high school

Dirt oval there is a good one in Copake

Road course, I prefer Limerock

Drag strip, who cares they are all rather boring.

htheduck
08-03-2007, 05:44 PM
at any event, all you need is about 250 sign up fee, helmet, long pants and long sleeve shirt. basic tools, tire gauge and full gas tank. thats no more than 500$ for a great day of fun.
well i do lapping days and they ARE fun.

but your family races...it costs $$$ to race.

04 Turbo Spec
08-03-2007, 07:56 PM
well i do lapping days and they ARE fun.

but your family races...it costs $$$ to race.

I agree with you that racing is expensive. But not to be a dick but my brother and I do not like comments about money (i.e.dad's wallet), so i would like to ask you to kindly change the subject.

please don't take this as me trying to start anything or anything of that nature.

htheduck
08-04-2007, 08:49 PM
no problem, no harm intended, subject dropped.

04 Turbo Spec
08-05-2007, 12:26 AM
no problem, no harm intended, subject dropped.

I know you meant no harm and it was all just conversational, I have talked to you a couple times and know your wouldn't mean it in a negative way. Some people like to harass and make comments/claims on which they know nothing a about.

I didn't intend on stopping the conversation so let the discussion continue, however i do appreciate the maturity shown at least someone on TST is mature and for that i thank you.

bad360rt
08-05-2007, 08:50 AM

So you were running 10's in your 436rwhp RX-7, right? Since it takes no skill at all, 10's should have been cake with that power, right? :-p

TurboTagTeam
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
It would of ran 10's if it didnt break all the time :mrgreen:

WhiteFiveO
08-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Lets be serious that rx7 ran like 15s in the 1/4 and your civic never went 12.6 it went 16 something if i remeber, trap speed doesent mean crap

Sled
08-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Lets be serious that rx7 ran like 15s in the 1/4 and your civic never went 12.6 it went 16 something if i remeber, trap speed doesent mean crap

:rotfl: im not the only one speaking the truth around here. the kid cant drive and his cars a POS. he thinks he can, but he has no idea. he thinks drag racing is just punching down the gas pedal. hes got not clue what so ever!

bad360rt
08-05-2007, 10:12 PM
It would of ran 10's if it didnt break all the time :mrgreen:

And pigs would fly if they had wings :rofl:

Seems the guys baggin' on drag racing always have slow cars, or fast cars with excuses. :-p

Sled
08-05-2007, 11:18 PM
And pigs would fly if they had wings :rofl:

Seems the guys baggin' on drag racing always have slow cars, or fast cars with excuses. :-p

i cant really speak for his cars now, but that RX7 was a joke. it ran a best of 12.7. lol!

TurboTagTeam
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM

Your a punk ass bitch brian. You know you'd never say something like that to my face. And if you did, you know what would happen. Dont try to be a hard ass... cause in reality...your a fat ass that drives slow cars.

iMPORTGiRLiE91
08-05-2007, 11:51 PM
this is bunk. my boyfriend gets 'in trouble' for telling someone 'nice come back..how long did it take you do think of that' but you guys are calling each other fat asses and dissing each other like there's no tomorrow and that's fine.

anywho, the islands may be a bit ghetto..but for $25 bucks..you get in alot of runs.

HickRocket1258
08-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Drag racing does take a lot of skill, especially if you do bracket racing. I do that all the time and I have a decent amount of experience. People think it is boring but it is a lot more exciting then some of them think.

Sled
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Your a punk ass bitch brian. You know you'd never say something like that to my face. And if you did, you know what would happen. Dont try to be a hard ass... cause in reality...your a fat ass that drives slow cars.

didnt your a$$ already get beat up in a parking for talking ****???:roll:

Sled
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Drag racing does take a lot of skill, especially if you do bracket racing. I do that all the time and I have a decent amount of experience. People think it is boring but it is a lot more exciting then some of them think.

bracket racing is no joke. i tried it once with a stick car and ill never try that again.

Sled
08-06-2007, 01:00 PM
this is bunk. my boyfriend gets 'in trouble' for telling someone 'nice come back..how long did it take you do think of that' but you guys are calling each other fat asses and dissing each other like there's no tomorrow and that's fine.

anywho, the islands may be a bit ghetto..but for $25 bucks..you get in alot of runs.

he probably drives a gay a$$ car, that why.:lol:

Mensaf
08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Watkins Glen is a great track about 4 to 5 hrs from most of Jersey; soon to open in Millville NJ is Thunderbolt

Watkins Glen is amazing. Went there once, but the rate was ridiculous. But it was so worth it. Sooo worth it. lol.

It's a shame Englishtown is having so many issues with the residents, otherwise that'd make for a nice short track, and an affordable one I bet.

Poconos was fun, but too many "pros" that don't give a rat's ass about bumping other cars. I saw way too many spin outs and almost accidents in my rearview mirror resulting from a guy trying to force his line into someone else's spot.

WhiteFiveO
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Mike your the one that started this all im saying is at the track i was there u never ran 12s and on the way home i walked all over ur car there were others there that saw it, now if u wana claim u ran 12s go ahead im saying i never saw it and have yet to see you ever beat my car. Im not saying im quick its a stock 5.0 ran 14.2 but u never beat me and intill then you cant talk

enigma
08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
So you were running 10's in your 436rwhp RX-7, right? Since it takes no skill at all, 10's should have been cake with that power, right? :-p

Holy ****, another dakota migrant.

bad360rt
08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Holy ****, another dakota migrant.

LOL Gotta watch out for the Dakota guys :mrgreen:

enigma
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Hows old red running?
I never got to run my truck with the new convertor/shift kit, had a problem with the pressure sensor and cooked the trans.

92rps13
08-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Mike your the one that started this all im saying is at the track i was there u never ran 12s and on the way home i walked all over ur car there were others there that saw it, now if u wana claim u ran 12s go ahead im saying i never saw it and have yet to see you ever beat my car. Im not saying im quick its a stock 5.0 ran 14.2 but u never beat me and intill then you cant talk

which car the civic?

bad360rt
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Hows old red running?
I never got to run my truck with the new convertor/shift kit, had a problem with the pressure sensor and cooked the trans.

Sorry to hear that. Mine's down at the moment. I put it back together with new heads/cam and then spun a bearing. So I'm going a different route now, ditched the blower, building a stroker and looking to run mid 11's on the motor and then I'll spray on top of that :) Hoping to have it at Cecil in November.

jordanrw
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
lol @ this thread

maxkid123
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
e town!!!!!!