PDA

View Full Version : '03 Ford Ranger. Is the motor going to be ok?

Kemara
07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
ok my dad was behind a car on a back road by our house. the car in front of him swerved, and he didn't... well there was a big metal thing, he thinks was an axel or something from another car... he heard a big bang, and thought it just hit the frame of his truck('03 ford ranger). well a few seconds later, he heard the motor banging, and looked in the mirror and saw a lot of smoke, pulled over and shut it off. come to find out the big metal thing put a big hole in the oil pan and leaked all of the oil out and now he thinks he killed the motor b/c of the banging.
AAA towed to the ford dealership where he bought it. Do you think if he just gets a new oil pan that the motor will still be alright? Or do you think he'll need a new motor? The poor thing only had 56K on it. And it was an awesome running motor, always maintained, etc. Its the 4.0.
I told him that since he shut it off right away, it should be fine. But he said it started slamming hard that he thinks the motor is done.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/KemaraPA/Other%20cars/dadstruckpainting.jpg

gary
07-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Yea its dead or just about to be dead. Insurance FTW!

Kemara
07-13-2007, 10:50 PM
yea, it was under warrenty, but they said since nothing actually went wrong w/the truck to cause the damage, that it wouldn't be covered.
i dunno about the insurance though.

ThePrimerSuspect
07-13-2007, 11:00 PM
if he has full coverage it will be covered. as for warranty, it only covers defects and not driver inflicted damage.