PDA

View Full Version : New '05 Legacy GT

phitauford
07-16-2005, 11:44 AM
New to this forum . . . just want to say hi.

I have a new pearl white '05 Legacy GT. I am looking to do some performance and exterior mods in the near future.

THE TOOTH
07-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Welcome. I've driven my friends GT limited a few times. Nice car. Good luck.

S4toSTI
07-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Welcome very nice car i wish i had electric seats you do right?

TalonTsi97
07-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Welcome, i have checked out a few of these and i really like them. Keep us updates on what mods you do.
I heard they have problems launching cause of somethign to do with there clutch. IS yours stick or auto?

phitauford
07-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Hey! Thanks for the reply. My LGT is an auto (I know i must have just disapointed some of you). Also, my LGT is the base model not the Limited so it does not have a power seat (must have just disapointed the rest of you). I do enjoy driving it in "manual" mode . . . it has the shift buttons on the momo steering wheel.

As for launch . . . I have noticed a very little bit of turbo lag, but I am no pro so best to talk to another owner about that stuff. Although i am looking to learn (thats why I'm here).

S4toSTI
07-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey! Thanks for the reply. My LGT is an auto (I know i must have just disapointed some of you). Also, my LGT is the base model not the Limited so it does not have a power seat (must have just disapointed the rest of you). I do enjoy driving it in "manual" mode . . . it has the shift buttons on the momo steering wheel.

As for launch . . . I have noticed a very little bit of turbo lag, but I am no pro so best to talk to another owner about that stuff. Although i am looking to learn (thats why I'm here).
No its all good welcome anyway lol.

sisforsurfing
07-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Legacy GT's are good cars. Do some basic mods and it'll be pretty quick too, if you're willing to sacrifice that nice warranty. Welcome.

Mookinator
07-16-2005, 06:07 PM

that's cus you're not launching properly. ;)

plant your left foot on the brake, then plant your right foot onto the gas. as the RPM's go up you should start building boost. as soon as the boost stops climbing lift your foot off the brake quickly and hold on. launching with boost is so much more fun and one of the best advantages of a Auto over an manual. the term for this style of launching is called "power braking".

one side note is that you don't want to do this longer than a few seconds. while your engine is at ful power and your brakes are holding the car in place, you're creating a tremendus amount of heat inside the torque converter.

~Mookie

WRX27
07-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Welcome fellow subaruian lol. I love those cars. they were all the rage @ tokyo auto salon. Lots of good stuff coming out for them mod-wise.

Shades of Gray
07-16-2005, 09:07 PM
hey welcome...were you the one that came in to car pretty today for tint who i told to check tristate out?

CarbonIS
07-16-2005, 09:18 PM
whats up, that's a pretty sweet grocery-getter ya got there :D :thumbup:

phitauford
07-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah I was the guy who came in about the tint at car pretty yesterday.

Thanks for the launch info BTW.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more.

gtp power
07-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Welcome

2Mopars1Ford
08-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Nice car, since you are in the same 1 square mile town I am in I'm sure I'll run into you sooner or later :D

LadyTSi
08-08-2005, 04:49 PM
welcome!!!

272sWrx
08-08-2005, 05:59 PM
welcome lgt's are the hottnesss!

SilvurAgent
08-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Welcome from a fellow LGTer! You have to stage 1 that thing, def worth it. Good luck with it and again welcome.