PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

TurboSi
07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Im looking to build a 1988-1991 civic sedan, i want to put an ls motor into it but im not sure what the best model is to use

highmilehatch
07-13-2007, 03:19 AM
What do you plan on doing with the car? Daily driver? Any type of racing? Do you plan to stay NA or turbo?

TurboSi
07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I plan on boosting it .. not much, prolly around 8 pounds i built a 91 civic hatch with a boosted ls and i loved it so i think i am going to do the same thing only with the sedan. With the hatch it was easy cause the si's wiring harness was basically plug and play. I was just curious to know if that thier is a sedan model that is the same way

na is best!
07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
best model for racing is always the lightest model not always for a daily driver... depends on what you wanna do with the car? a weekend warrior then get the lightest one but for daily you might want power windows and a sunroof.. depends on you mostly

Danronian
08-13-2007, 05:36 PM
From when I was looking, the old sedans are very hard to find in this area, that arent rusted to hell, or already junked. If you're lucky enough to have more than one to choose from, I would choose the one with the least rust, and that is the least modified.

Getting one of those sedans to make into the ultimate sleeper was my goal a while back....I just wish I could have found one.