PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Divisionals Report - With Video!

piknockout
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12856738

I wish I had better news, but it was a dissappointing weekend. Finished 3rd in STX of 8 and 58th PAX of 144. To start off with, Cy Lee who normally runs STS in his '89 Civic and co-drives with Chris Shenefield (past STS National Champion) decided to drive his STS Civic in STX. They had just installed a new suspension and co-driving it within STS wouldn't give them enough time to make changes to the setup, so STX it was. So there goes 1st Place.

It was then a battle for second, and my competition came from Steve Seguis in an RSX Type S from up in NNJ. Both of us coned our fastest runs, and at the end of Day One I had a 0.2 second lead. On Day Two, I got lucky with a rerun on my first run of the day thanks to the previous driver knocking down two cones and workers trying to clean them up. But it wasn't enough as I coned my fastest run AGAIN and had to stand on my first run. Steve got me on Day Two by a little over 0.3 seconds to take second by 0.140 seconds.

The Day One course was quite technical, a lot of offsets and slaloms...both of them my nemesis. Especially the offsets. As you can see on the video, I definitely came in too tight on the big right hander after the first slalom. Also at the end of the course, I was topping out second too early. The one time I tried shifting to third, I couldn't find it and lost time.

The Day Two course was even worse. It was a very fast and open course that was not kind to the Spec V gearing. I shifted into 3rd THREE TIMES and had to downshift TWICE! Talk about losing time. When you watch the video, I think I could have gotten away with not upshifting on the way out before the turnaround, but I never tried it so I guess we'll never know.

Watching the video I have a lot of areas I need to clean up, most importantly all the "double pumping" that I tend to do going into corners/slaloms. Ultimately just need to keep getting more seat time. I've completed 5 events this year, with two events coming up this weekend. They're two local events so hopefully I can get some good practice, less pressure, and up some confidence.

Here's looking to a hopefully successful weekend! :D

Look ahead! Notice my wheels are pointed right and my head is pointed left. Getting a little better at that.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z294/sc2pete/Divisonals/2007-07-08/IMGP3137.jpg?t=1184245796

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z294/sc2pete/Divisonals/2007-07-08/IMGP3259.jpg?t=1184245914

TTsupra911
07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
wow man those courses look pretty intense. Kinda a shade off of the normal warminster style. The turn around for the first day looked pretty nasty. Either way man I know your not satisfied but congrats, and I'll see you out there one of these weekends.

piknockout
07-12-2007, 10:24 PM
A.I. down at Ripken this Saturday. There's still some spots left. :wink:

Thanks Adrian!

Mr Tomtastic
07-15-2007, 09:39 PM
i helped layout the divisional course the weekend before. it was hard to get a good feel for it because those concrete deviders were all over the place and we couldnt really run the whole thing with out stopping for them. i didnt get to attend the event since i had work all weekend, but i know the saturday course was pretty technical. i thought that huge box righ before the finish was kinda interesting. looks like there were only slight modifcations between sat and sun to run the course backwards. i really wish i could have made it.

piknockout
07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
It was definitely a good time, despite the poor performance. I wish you could have had some more input to make Sunday a little less high speed. :-p