PDA

View Full Version : Del Sol w/ Vtech swap

K-Rex
07-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Was this any of you?

Pulled into Shady Brook Farm with an overheated black Del Sol. Said you just swapped in the motor and remembered that you forgot to put in coolant. You opened up the radiator and preceded to dump the coldest water we have at the farm directly into your radiator and drive away.

Did you make it home? I think that was a bad idea not to let it cool down.

underpressure02
07-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Was this any of you?

Pulled into Shady Brook Farm with an overheated black Del Sol. Said you just swapped in the motor and remembered that you forgot to put in coolant. You opened up the radiator and preceded to dump the coldest water we have at the farm directly into your radiator and drive away.

Dude how did he swap a cordless phone in his car and it ran????? No wonder it was over heating I don't think they are made to power cars. :mrgreen:

K-Rex
07-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Dude how did he swap a cordless phone in his car and it ran????? No wonder it was over heating I don't think they are made to power cars. :mrgreen:

Pretty much the same thing anyway.

redg2
07-09-2007, 01:35 PM
hahhaah ya phones and variable valve timing basically the same

K-Rex
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
hahhaah ya phones and variable valve timing basically the same

My phone was working better than his engine. Motorola ftw!

dubjinc
07-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Forgot the coolant?? all he had to do was switch sim cards, duh!

redg2
07-09-2007, 03:32 PM
hahahahh motorolas are the **** i love my rizr

underpressure02
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Forgot the coolant?? all he had to do was switch sim cards, duh!

They didn't have Sims cards back when the VTECH motors were made for the del sol's. Come on man get with the program here.

lagos
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
how can someone forget to fill up with coolant? thats just dumb.

sherwood
07-09-2007, 08:20 PM
thats like forgetting to fill up the vtec fluid! i meen come on its common sense

OMG JDM
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
thats like forgetting to fill up the vtec fluid! i meen come on its common sense

vtec fluid was buy one get one free at pep boys today. i picked up 6 quarts :mrgreen:

Honest_Bob
07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
vtec fluid was buy one get one free at pep boys today. i picked up 6 quarts :mrgreen:

****, I could have used some. I hacked my vtec solenoid controller last night and upped the boost. Its using some fluid but I'm deffinitly running 10's now.

sherwood
07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
i didnt have the solenoid or the cams...so i just filled up my washer fluid with vtak fluid and everytime i wash my windows....i hit crazy amounts of vtak....mad vtak all over the place...and a clean windshield

Action Park
07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
I never needed any.:)
93 93/93

Nors
07-09-2007, 11:37 PM

Easy mistake after installing an engine. You are going to be excited to drive it and may overlook simple but critical things.

yellow2000S/R
07-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Was this any of you?

Meh, I drove my ZX2 almost 160 miles home in March with a pinched radiator from my accident. Only stopped twice, each time was for like 20 minutes. Didnt have the hood on tho but I WAS going 70mph the entire time.

Then again, It jumped timing with a new belt on it 200 miles later, and I found metal shavings on the bottom side of the valve cover. That shocked me because I had the cover off around 1,500 miles prior to the accident when I painted it and everything was clean...

Hope the guy made it home ok.