PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a damaged FC.

SayNoToPistons
07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
i Found an S5 but the front passenger area was hit in an accident. I haven't seen the car yet but i was told that the "place where you mount the strut bar" was moved a little bit. SO there is structural damage.. THe FC is going to be sold for VERY cheap and everything is fine. How much would it cost to repair the amount of damage done (i know it's repairable for a decent amount of money, but don't know how much it would cost). Do they have to put it on some sort of frame machine to straighten everything out?

NOPSTNS
07-04-2007, 12:49 AM
"the place where u mount the strut bar"

o my dude. if they mean the strut tops, like that whole area.....thats not like, cheap fix, even tho im shooting blind here.....wheres the pics....

maybe the frames bent bro.....shows us what u mean

SayNoToPistons
07-04-2007, 02:12 AM
It's the strut tower. There is no frame, it's a unibody.

circus_clown
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
it costs about much as buying a new chassis, and swapping everything over.

yellow2000S/R
07-04-2007, 05:56 PM
It depends where the bend is. A frame shop can pull the tower back out. Prices range from around $300 upwards for frame work. If its to bad, a shop can section on a new strut tower and everything in-front of it depending on where the sectioning and seams for the panels are.

SayNoToPistons
07-05-2007, 12:55 AM
I think i'm going to either not buy it at all or part it out. I don't think i can drive without knowing that i can feel teh after affects of a damaged car. It's not going to be as good as before of course and it's a unibody.

Jeffros Spec V
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Depending on how much damage there is.....

A shop will charge 2 hours (any where between $42-90/hour for frame work) to set up (on frame rack) and measure the body. Then they'll give the a-pillar, apron a rough pull, usually another 1-3 hours depending how hard it was hit. Then they have to repair all the parts/panels that bent, and then replace any damaged body panels.