PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly2k3's Civic

dragonfly2k3
06-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok, so I've been browsing the f/s forums forever on here. However, Nobody really knows who I am or what I'm all about. I'm 18, since ive been 17(when i bought my first car) I've owned quite a few cars. My first was a 1993 GMC Jimmy, it was fun and all, but i was tired of 4wd quick and wanted something fast. My next car was a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. When I first bought this car i was pretty ignorant and didnt know much. I quickly learned and over the next 4 months the car acquired a evoIII 16g, walbro 255lph, huge FMIC, S-AFC, 3in turbo back, datalogger, and all the typical mods. I never got a chance to take the car to teh track but basing off of how I did racing cars that had been to teh track it should have run somewhere around a 13.8 but a 14.1 would surprise me. I traded that straight up for a 1995 Integra LS for a DD with good gas mileage and reliability. I promptly crashed the Integra and the kid who got my car blew a coolant line on the highway and melted it. I then picked up a 1994 civic hatch CX that had been d16 swapped. When i bought it the car had a built motor including SRP pistons, SCAT rods, and ARP everything. Its best time was a 13.6@105 on 7lbs. The kid i bought it from had replaced teh valve cover gasket and stripped the bolt holes. I attempted to heli coil them but teh coil in that thin of metal cracked all 3 front mounting points. If you are familiar with the d16 you know that this also means it ruined the cam bearing caps. Time for a new head. 3 weeks ago i pulled it apart and began to put a new head on. After waiting for week on parts I finally got my head back from the machine shop. I did a completely stock head with a full valve job and hot tanking. I also ordered a GE head gasket in 76mm bore. a walbro 255lph HP fuel pump and a megan racing FPR. I also did all new brakes and a complete cooling system to be safe. I will have build pics up tommorow. Oh, I also purchased an Innovate wideband. I'm hoping with more fuel the car wil handel 14lbs and go mid 12s. Maybe faster. So theres my story. PS, i buy everything myself, incase any of you want to question where i get my money. I work like a dog and have nothing saved:cool:

ketchup!
06-29-2007, 11:46 PM
sick d series build

dragonfly2k3
07-02-2007, 12:06 AM
thanks, im having a hard time getting my under drive crank pulley bolt off so for right now production is at a stand still, but will resume tommorow or some ****.

dragonfly2k3
07-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Woot Woot. Todays progress.
Oil pan barb welded in
Head on
Both manifolds on
Coolant lines all piped
Wiring all set up
Oil pan hung, not fully bolted in and torqued yet
Intake piping planned
Downpipe welded
New water pump on

All around im getting close. Ive got to get all the new timing components on and set up and the fuel pump in. After that it will be on the road again.

dragonfly2k3
07-06-2007, 01:15 AM
A friend came over today and took a ****ton of pictures at the current status. Waiting on getting them from him. Anyways, timing is now set and all of that, only waiting on a crank pulley bolt and a valve cover gasket.

One teaser pic.

Honduh
07-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Sounds sick!

Sberk06
07-06-2007, 01:30 AM
niceeee more pics

dragonfly2k3
07-06-2007, 12:16 PM
will run soon, real soon. It better be fast haha.

dragonfly2k3
07-07-2007, 09:17 AM
**** **** chicken ****ers. Its got water pouring out from under the head. Pulling it back off again to inspect.

CHAOS
07-07-2007, 09:25 AM
ouch.. let us know the damage!