PDA

View Full Version : CivSi06 on 202???

cmr076
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
hey i just saw you like 15 minutes ago (9:45ish) flying down 202 towards KOP car had HIDs, black looking rims and possibly smoked taillights as well as an exhaust, car looked amazing man i didnt like the new Si until 15 minutes ago!! im almost positive it was you!

JaySpecV
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
sounds like CivSi06 to me.

CivSi06
06-27-2007, 04:22 AM
haha, that was me!

Check this out.. i guess right before you guys saw me i was on 76 coming from philly when a Porshe Carrera 4S came flying past me... i drop down and catch up and the guy floors it. we were doing about 130 taking turns and i kept with him every step of the way.. (roads were pretty empty) the guy slows down and is going ballistic about how he cant believe a civic could keep up with his porshe on the turns..

sorry im just amped.. that **** was crazy

MrDibbs19
06-27-2007, 07:30 AM
your civic si looks clean in the avatar... i'm not a fan of the them until someone makes it look nice, and i really like the smoked tails! did you notice a big difference on the K series when you put the DCRH on? mine will be coming in on friday! btw we have some of the same set up haha

JaySpecV
06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
haah thats funny, i ran a Porche carrera the other day to...surprisingly i was right next to him from a roll and on his ass from a dig.

cmr076
06-27-2007, 11:30 AM
porches FTL hondas FTW hahaha

CivSi06
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
your civic si looks clean in the avatar... i'm not a fan of the them until someone makes it look nice, and i really like the smoked tails! did you notice a big difference on the K series when you put the DCRH on? mine will be coming in on friday! btw we have some of the same set up haha

thanks man. yeah the race header is nice but i will be honest i will never buy anything from DC again... ive had to get 2 new flex pipes welded... thing is junk

SovXietday
06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
DC blows, had one back when I was supercharged. Switched to a Kamikaze and good lord what a difference!

MrDibbs19
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
thanks man. yeah the race header is nice but i will be honest i will never buy anything from DC again... ive had to get 2 new flex pipes welded... thing is junk
are you running motor mounts?...

streetAssasin96
06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
are you running motor mounts?...

no their stock, but the header shouldn't be wearing out the flex pipe that bad from stock motor mounts.

MrDibbs19
06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
no their stock, but the header shouldn't be wearing out the flex pipe that bad from stock motor mounts.
the flex pipe incorporated into most race headers aren't capable of providing enough range of movement to compensate for the movement of the motor on stock mounts when you stomp on the gas/shift and causing it to hit the sway bar on the k series. That's why the header cracks... you should really look into a ESMMs they are like 25-30 bucks for inserts or get a torque dampner... save you from cracking again (keep the motor more in place) + eliminate some wheel hop

CivSi06
06-27-2007, 10:26 PM
dude i would LOVE to upgrade the motor mounts and get a torque damper... the thing is there is nothing out yet... unless there is something you guys know that I dont?

MrDibbs19
06-28-2007, 07:13 AM
dude i would LOVE to upgrade the motor mounts and get a torque damper... the thing is there is nothing out yet... unless there is something you guys know that I dont?
jeez i guess you are right... you can't upgrade they don't offer anything... that is sh-itty... i would of thought the esmms and tq damper for the rsx would work... same motor, are you on the crsx forum? you should ask around? thats y your flex pipe is taking a **** on you

MrDibbs19
06-30-2007, 01:23 AM
hey civsi06... are you sure noone with a 06 si has esmm's? i almost find it odd that those mounts don't work... i mean they work for the ep3, dc5, why not your car? you should really look into it ill be installing mine tomorrow