PDA

View Full Version : Going to need a tune.

the mike
06-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I have a thread in the "engine management" section, but this is a direct question and answer post.

I need to get tuned after all my parts get thrown on, hopefully that will be within the next week. I am going to be running a GT2860RS, DW 650 injectors, and a Power FC. And your basic bolt ons. Stock cams, stock MAF, Joe P manual boost controller.

Are there more parts I should order? I would like to steer clear of getting a $600 boost controller if I don't need one. Can you guys dyno tune with the stuff that will be on the car? I WOULD like to get a wideband on the car as well, but we'll se how that goes. Do I need one to get tuned?

Thanks in advance,

mike

the mike
06-26-2007, 07:08 PM
So I would bump this, but I am already at the top. :mrgreen:

Vince@R/TTuning
06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
sorry it took a few days its been crazy....600.00 boost controllers are really only benificial if u have a external wastegate set up...for internal WG ur just as good with a manual boost controller...but i usually run the turbo xs high performnace manual boost controller cause they seem to be the most consistent. as far as a wide band, i tune with the one on my dyno so u dont need one unless u wanna watch it on the street..i dont have the power fc software until late this summer when apexi comes out here and trains on site...(kinda a pain in the ass) so ill have to see what i can do for ya...best bet is to call the shop and take to me cause im not that great at anserin PM's...so let me know what ya wanna do...ill hook ya up... 215 855 5565 thanks...