PDA

View Full Version : WRX seats in a GC(or GF).

the mike
12-29-2004, 06:19 PM
So I ordered a set of seats(they were 2002 RS seats, but they are the same as WRX seats) for my 1993 L wagon. I thought it was going to be a hit or miss thing, but I remembered people saying that they were using GC seat brackets on a group buy on Bride replicas, so I figured what the heck.
Turns out they bolt right in. Mostly.
There are a few issues that need to be addressed. First is the fact that the female seatbelt end is different. No biggie just swap over the one from your old seat. It will bolt on, just not exactly like the WRX one, but it will bolt on.
Second is the passenger side inner seat track uses two bolts on the rear. The WRX uses two as well, but the bracket angles in, so you can only use one of the bolts. No biggie for me, but you might be able to swap over the inner seat track from your old seat as well.
These were the only snag I had installing the WRX seats in my car.
pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/themike/seats2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/themike/seats1.jpg

mike

TROLL
12-29-2004, 07:26 PM
ha mike what happened to your l33t night photo skills? or maybe you could just bail out and use the flash... but they look nice, from what i can see :P
bryan

the mike
12-29-2004, 08:56 PM
These were quick shots WITH the flash. The problem is I was using the wide angle lens to get more of the interior. I could have left the shetter open longer, but I just wanted to get a few quick.

mike

TehWagon
12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
you got seats for the L too?! with me being on here you're going to have to be even sneakier about crap!!!
anyhoo, the original reason for my reply is to note how interesting it is that all the posts on this particular index topic are in the 'imports' section... no domestic boys yet?
:wiggle:

the mike
12-31-2004, 05:22 PM
Nope, no domestic guys yet.

teh DIRT
12-31-2004, 06:44 PM
im working on getting my two friends on here. They arent on teh intraweb much but im working on it. One has a 96 Mustang (6cyl, 5spd) and the other has an 86 Monte SS with a shift-kit. :supz:

TehWagon
01-02-2005, 08:38 PM
NOYCE!!! :rock:
i got nuthin... just tryin to get my posts up so i'm not a noob anymore.
:eek:

Trailboss
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
wait a minute what year are those seats? They look ultra clean like 04/05 seats but they have an adjustable headrest.

:confused:

Nevermind, I should read your post.

Looks really good :thumbup:

the mike
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks man. They are 2002 RS seats. They are dirtier than they appear in those pics. I think that the lack of light makes them look cleaner. The rest of the car is battered so the seats are the nicest part, but who cares....it's a rally wagon!!! :wiggle:

OWENthatsmyname
01-04-2005, 01:40 AM
looks good. i still like my "c/f" look 99 RS seats. but im thinking about getting some recaros either for this car or my next. gotta stick with AWD and subaru, just a turbo :mrgreen: :thumbup: :banana:

the mike
01-04-2005, 08:12 AM
looks good. i still like my "c/f" look 99 RS seats. but im thinking about getting some recaros either for this car or my next. gotta stick with AWD and subaru, just a turbo :mrgreen: :thumbup: :banana:
I'd like to do the AeroSim swap. That would be hot.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23374

mike

OWENthatsmyname
01-05-2005, 12:45 AM
yea i saw that swap. lotsa money though. and i need something newer and with a lil less miles for college and more room.

WRX WAGON! i already got parts sittin in my garage. hahahha

c/f hood. tein springs. HKS downpipe and uppipe and im not gettin the car til summer hahaha

the mike
01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Newer, better pics up.

Black_Rain
01-17-2005, 02:21 AM
nice seats...nice writeup...how muchdid the seats cost...hopefully i can get around to making this purchase sometime in the near future...

gotta love the rubber shift boot...i have the same thing...nothin but the classic

the mike
01-17-2005, 02:29 AM
The seats were 150 on ebay, but the shipping was 175. So you figure on around 300+ for seats if they have to be shipped. If oyu can get them from a local yard, you might be better off. Mine came with both door cards, center console, and shifter with linkage. :thumbup: