PDA

View Full Version : Ground Zero Performance

soobie22
06-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Sorry to do this since its a lil late. But i feel to let people who are going to spend there hard earned money on getting there car either fixed or modified. Well it all begins when i decided to bring my car to Ground Zero Performance, i wanted them to put in a new turbo and flywheel, which was a fidanza 12.5 i believe and a big 16g turbo with manni. It kinda started when they kept pushing the car back when he said it was going to take about a week. It took about two months. They also were messing with the intercooler piping and my crappy exhaust. I was upset due to the fact that i didnt have a car, and i needed to get to work. I also had to rely on other people. Then when i would call no one would pick up, or they would hang up on me. They were very unprofessional. Then on the quote he gave me was way off he said it would be like 1000 or so then it increased to i believe to around 1400. They also broke many pieces on my car, for example i had hans put a second gen maf on my car and he broke the recuritive tube. I asked to have my intercooler fixed, like have the piping routed ok, he used like old exhaust parts to make the intercooler piping. Also he messed something up on my oil lines on the oil pan they leak like mad now. When the car was on the dyno the wheel the left wheel wasnt tight and was wobbling on the dyno. Also kept blowing off intercooler piping on the dyno. The car was only running 10psi. Had some stupid T fitting for my coolant lines for my turbo, at which going to work the line split and spooled coolant all over my new turbo and manni. They broke my speedometer cable. I am not done yet, about 2.30 at nite driving home from my gf house the axle came out of the intermediate shaft and was flopping around. Because they used air tools and must of had a bad impact gun or something was wrong with there air compressor. Then when i would call to talk about all these problems i got no where, his silent partner threatend me over phone if i dont stop calling that he will call the police. Which i told him please do so i can explain to them that they are theifs. Then when i still kept calling they would never answer or pick up and hang up on me. The customer service was horrible. A three old kid could do better. I would still like to have compensation for getting this work doen by someone else. I would never ever do business with ground zero performance again. I wouldnt even take my car there to get dynoed. His business is pretty much useless. I dont know how they are still in business. Thats why they have some many cars hanging in there ghetto parking lot, Either people cant afford it or they dont know how to fix them. I am going to report him to the better business bureau. So i am hoping he will read this and pm me so he can work something out so i can take most of this stuff back. But if not in the next will report him. Oh by the way my name is vinny and i own the 93 gsx.

whitezenki
06-23-2007, 01:03 AM
http://www.bikeforest.com/CAD/faq/enter_key.jpg

make it your friend

soobie22
06-23-2007, 01:44 AM
give me a break dude

Hans_GZP
06-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I wish I took pictures of your car before and after it was here. Your car was put together (before it got here) by someone who obviously didn't know what they were doing. We gave you a quote over the phone for work that you requested. That price never changed. When you brought your car in to get the work done, it needed far more then what you were asking for (radiator fan, axle, misc intercooler pipes, coolant lines, oil lines, etc). For your estimate to go up only $400 is nothing. You should have thanked me for that instead of bitch me out to which I did give you $100 off your bill. We had to spend far more time working on your car then first thought over the phone.

I'm sorry you feel like you were ripped off, but I said I would compensate you $50 for your trouble since I already lost my shirt on the whole job. You complain about intercooler piping being a problem, yet you don't want to pay the money to have it done right or wait for the right parts to show up. What do you want me to do? Do it for free out of the goodness of my heart?

You call the shop at 1am, 2am, and expect me to pickup the phone? If I'm working that late I'm not dealing with customers. When you call at a normal business hour I would pick up the phone, but the conversation ended with you declining my $50 offer and wanting more (in which I was not willing to budge). So, you continue to call multiple times a day and my partner did threaten you. I was working on a car while he did that and I don't think he was in the wrong.

We have a lot of cars here because we are a popular mitsubishi shop in the area. If we didn't have many cars at the shop, maybe that would worry you too?

If there are points I didn't address from your original post, I'm sorry. It was a tough read.

soobie22
06-23-2007, 09:26 PM
All i no is i did pass the workd along about how crappy you work is, sorry about the post above. I figured i would write something anyway. Just for the record i did call regular business hours and did it mulitple times. But i would get hung up on. I really wish your partner would call the police so i could explain it to them.

You are a theif i asked you to fix the hanging intercooler pipping. Not replace everything. This is a half ass shop. I bought the car with all those problems but after leaving your shop i still had problems. Also your not the only mitsu shop in pa, i will prob end up taking my car to philly. So people if you love your car and you want quality work, dont take it to ground zero performace. Will rape you in anyway possible.

soobie22
06-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Also you never told me about that crappy offer to compensate 50$. The persone you talked to about the halfshaft told me.What is that, thats an insult considering i spent 1400 on **** i could of done myself. Most likely a lot better of a job. But hans you would think someone spending that kind of money you would be more understanding, and willing to work something out. I am not even that upset of the money i spent. But the quality of work was horrible.

Thats not something to be proud of, everything you touched i had to go back and fix it. So what was rele the point of you having done anything to my car.

Hans_GZP
06-24-2007, 03:45 PM
All i no is i did pass the workd along about how crappy you work is, sorry about the post above. I figured i would write something anyway. Just for the record i did call regular business hours and did it mulitple times. But i would get hung up on. I really wish your partner would call the police so i could explain it to them.

You are a theif i asked you to fix the hanging intercooler pipping. Not replace everything. This is a half ass shop. I bought the car with all those problems but after leaving your shop i still had problems. Also your not the only mitsu shop in pa, i will prob end up taking my car to philly. So people if you love your car and you want quality work, dont take it to ground zero performace. Will rape you in anyway possible.

You didn't want to pay the price to have new pipes made. You had a totally different turbo/manifold on the car that required us to modify the intercooler piping to make it work. We used as much of the original material as possible, but it still needed more material to make it work... which you did not want to pay for. You wanted the problem fixed, and we told you how we wanted to fix it... you refused to pay for the work needed to be done and then complain about us giving you free material to get your car working?

We did hang up on you because you wanted to be refunded a ludicrous amount of money for having to fix an axle (which had the wrong bolts in it to begin with... my mechanic just didn't catch the problem when he put it back together... our mistake). We stayed until 1 or 2am finishing your car because you were in dire need to get it back. You are impossible to please on a sensible level and therefore I refuse to deal with you anymore. Feel free to complain to the BBB and we will enter our counter complaint.

Hans_GZP
06-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Also you never told me about that crappy offer to compensate 50$. The persone you talked to about the halfshaft told me.What is that, thats an insult considering i spent 1400 on **** i could of done myself. Most likely a lot better of a job. But hans you would think someone spending that kind of money you would be more understanding, and willing to work something out. I am not even that upset of the money i spent. But the quality of work was horrible.

Thats not something to be proud of, everything you touched i had to go back and fix it. So what was rele the point of you having done anything to my car.

Considering you had the axle bolted back up by a buddy of yours and not by a shop, I think $50 is more then reasonable... not the $400 or whatever you wanted. Let's itemize the list of things you got so people don't think you are being ripped off.

Big 16G turbo
EVO manifold
stock O2 housing
galant vr4 style turbo outlet pipe
Apexi downpipe
slim fan
driver side axle (new, not reman'd)
Misc intercooler piping
oil/water lines for turbo
Fidanza flywheel

Plus the labor to install all of that. We had to replace an ebay T3/T4 turbo setup and route new intercooler piping coming off of the 16G turbo since the T3/T4 had IC piping routed totally different then what we needed. Your exhaust was all one piece from the turbo back, so we had to cut and weld your exhaust to make it work with the new downpipe. We dropped the trans to install the flywheel which had so many wrong bolts in it I don't know where to start. So, we replaced as many bolts as we could with the proper ones and even put in bolts that were missing in the first place. Your radiator fan wasn't even ATTACHED to the radiator. It layed there like a limp dick and you wondered why you were having cooling issues. The water and oil lines were hacked from whoever installed that turbo setup on the car so we had to attempt to fix all of those problems. There were more issues with that car then you could afford to fix. Sorry you bought a basket case.

italianblaze
06-24-2007, 11:49 PM
hmm i dont know which to belive ive read a number of unhappy customers from GZP and hanz but ive herd recently that his new place and newer customers seemed to be alot happier than previous ones, i dont understand though is why hanz would even allow to give back any money at all if he did do his job correct but i am not pointing fingers at either side just reading and trying to point some things out

soobie22
06-25-2007, 12:52 AM
yea thats funny that you mention that, the only reason i did business with them is i herd good things.

For hans i am going to reply to you about the axle, you replaced the axle without even calling me, that is against the law you need my consent before going ahead and start replacing stuff. Also you had my car at your shop for like 2 months so yes i am going to complain. Its my car i wanted it done so i can drive it and get myself to work. You are in the wrong, just because you think your the only dsm shop in the area you can do whatever you want.

Also what professional shop replies to posts like you have. Like i said before you are unprofessional. Even italianblaze herd negative feedback about gzp. Either way dude this looks bad on you and your buisness.

Also i guess your girl, she was saying the only reason you replaced the axle, because it was unsafe, i replied to her by stating then why did it come out. She said we want our customers cars safe. I am glad you wont do business with me. The thought of doing business with you wouldnt cross my mind.

I wish i brought the car somewhere else, or at that matter did it myself. At least it would been done right... and my car would of been done safely.

italianblaze
06-25-2007, 01:51 AM
but do not forget i have also herd positive from credible tst members but i forget what thread it was it was awhile ago

Hans_GZP
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
You think my responses are not professional? Forget I ever offered any money for a refund. I felt bad for you because it did take a while for us to finish your car (waiting on a lot of parts for it that we didn't know we needed when originally writing the quote).

The axle was replaced because it was totally not safe. There was no boot left on the axle and if you left my shop and something happened to that axle you would have complained about me not replacing it. It was a $100 axle and your car is 14 years old... these things need replacing from time to time. I would have been more then happy to give you your car back without a driver's side axle and you could have towed it home, but that car was not leaving my garage under it's own power with an axle like that. Any other respectable shop would have done the same thing. Your main goal was to have a car that wouldn't need anything for a while after it left the garage. We're sorry that your axle had problems even after being replaced. We deal with a ton of cars every month and we are greatly sorry something like that slipped through the cracks.

I never once claimed to be the only dsm shop in PA... that in itself would be stupid considering the popularity of the platform. We don't think we can do whatever we want. When did I come off like that?

soobie22
06-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Well when i talked to you over the phone, very pleasant and professional, and seemed like you wanted to help me out on what you could. For some reason you dont understand why i am so upset. You said the car was going to be done by the end of the week, when i brought it to you.

I have proof that you did say that, my girl was there. She even mentioned it to me when i've been writing this. Also you could of looked over the car let me know what was going on and what needed to be replaced and what work should of been done. Considering it was there for two months. You didnt do anything like that. I have done business with shops before and you were the worst ones yet.

For the example of you doing whatever you want, is before i did business with you, like i said you were nice pleasant. But after i paid you, you were a dick. I dont care if there were wrong bolts, that bolted up the halfshaft to the tranny. If you were so worried about my safety you would of found that problem and fixed it. I asked for the money back because i felt like it was deserved it. It seems like after my car left your shop, it came out with more problems then when it came in. You broke a few things here and there and didnt tell me and didnt fixed. I paid good money to have my car worked on, but also in return you broke stuff. My car is still overheating!

TROLL
06-25-2007, 07:32 PM
you made the thread publicly, and gnz responded publicly. at this point if any progress is to be made, its not going to be here. contact each other privately if you wish but i strongly recommend not running around in circles here any longer.

Shades of Gray
06-26-2007, 11:42 AM
you made the thread publicly, and gnz responded publicly. at this point if any progress is to be made, its not going to be here. contact each other privately if you wish but i strongly recommend not running around in circles here any longer.

woot woot...way to go TROLL :banana:

mr_eh
06-26-2007, 11:49 AM
worst thread ever. seriously.

so you got your car back and the axle still broke?

*puzzled*

Hans_GZP
06-26-2007, 01:27 PM
The old axle was bolted to the block with the wrong bolts and the old boot was torn in half. I wasn't the one working on the car, so I can't give you all of the info. The new axle was put on and I guess my one mechanic used the same bolts to bolt the axle back up to the block. Since they were the wrong bolts, they ended up backing themselves out and the axle seperated at the boot. That axle was salvaged (just reclamped it to the joint) and was bolted back up with no problems after the correct bolts were used. I guess my mechanic didn't catch the fact that the wrong bolts were put in there and no problems occurred while it was at the shop and on the dyno, so there was no way of any of us to know there was a problem with the car.

soobie22
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
ur shop is a joke, dude. You make mistakes not man engough to step to them. This is no point on keep going back and forth the info is out there the people can make there own decisions. Just make the best one possible. I would reccomend going here but thats up to you people. At least there some negative feedback about this place. But i will be reporting you to the bbb so i hope you have a very good counter claim. Thanks have a wonderful day and keep screwing your customers. It will come to bite you in the ass eventually.

noclutch
06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Fire your mechanic. If he cant tell that the halfshaft has the wrong bolts in it he shouldnt be working on other peoples cars.

blackvr4
07-05-2007, 12:41 AM
so wait, i still dont get it, what car was this? it sounds like a DSM, and if it is, i dont understand how you couldnt have done any of that work yourself man, its really basic ****.

ive only bought a few parts from hans and i thought he was a great guy. but ive never taken a car to him mainly cause i do all my own work, so its nothing against hans but mainly i dont trust any mechanics with my car no matter how good or bad their reputation is.

soobie22
07-07-2007, 03:56 PM
didnt have the time, and he said he would get it done in a timely matter.