PDA

View Full Version : NJMP Begins Construction

thewake
06-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Motorsports park crosses starting line (http://www.thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070622/NEWS01/706220307)

Construction has begun. Now all I need is to finish my car...

CHAOS
06-22-2007, 11:02 AM
nice, more info on the track or whatever is going in there?

Nick 95 6sp
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Well it's about frikkken ****ing time!!!!

here's their site with a lot of good info and pics:
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

thewake
06-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Here is the layout of the place. You can see the road course, kart track and the tri-oval.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/assets/images/trackdrawing.jpg

XxaltezzaxX
06-22-2007, 12:16 PM
YAY, I want to run on that so bad.

BlackBulletTSi
06-22-2007, 01:14 PM
w00t thats awesome

xEJ20x
06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
It would seem the gods of motorsports have smiled upon us.

CHAOS
06-22-2007, 01:25 PM
i cant wait, i garauntee i will run something on that.

swift4u0076
06-30-2007, 02:14 PM
lol its right next to the airport..i guess that will shut down the street racing thats going on right down the road. :(

Nors
06-30-2007, 02:21 PM
This place looks awesome. 4 mile road course!

SovXietday
06-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Damn, you could go on that course for 2 weeks straight and run a different version any time.

I think this would be a good place to run around on with a bike.

04 Turbo Spec
06-30-2007, 07:16 PM
its about time they finally started, i hear about this years ago.

NOPSTNS
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
omg sign me up......south jersey? good enuff for me! caravan for the opening day anyone?

Vypurr
06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Hell yes frank!

ITSTOCK
06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
I honestly thought that this would be yet another no-go, which in return, would mean another set back in the motor sports world.

It's absolutely GREAT that this has finally started! thank god

TROLL
06-30-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah i'm psyched its finally underway, its been a long time in the making. the course(s) look great... i guess 'only' a few more years now...

Nick 95 6sp
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll have to get an update from him, but I'm pretty sure one of my buddies already purchased one of the trackside condos on this site. Of course they get preferrential access to track events and I'm still not sure how "open to the public" this will be ...though it seems to make it financially viable, they will have to open it to non-property owners.

There are other roadcourse country clubs around the country, such as MotorSports Ranch in Texas; Autobahn C.C. near Joliet, IL; I think VIR in Virginia started that way. There are other racing country clubs being developed in California, New Hampshire, Texas, Minnesota, Kansas, and Pennsylvania.

NOPSTNS
07-02-2007, 06:22 PM
ur right, ive read of many country club racing parks like this except, its a yearly fee thats in the many thousands of dollars. i am hoping they will have weekend events for a few hundred bucks like the one ive been to at pocono with chaos and willthethrill

thewake
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
ur right, ive read of many country club racing parks like this except, its a yearly fee thats in the many thousands of dollars. i am hoping they will have weekend events for a few hundred bucks like the one ive been to at pocono with chaos and willthethrill

The yearly membership is $2400 ($200/month). There is also an initiation fee of $5000. If you want to get in now then you will need $500 for a deposit that they will escrow until the club opens. For that you can take advantage of the things listed here: http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/html/benefits___privileges.html. The biggest benefit is the acess to the "members only" driving days and the reserved parking/paddock spaces for the events.

pulser9
07-03-2007, 08:20 PM
why isnt anything fun in this world resonable priced. And people wonder why kids have to go street racing when they could just go to a track.

thewake
07-03-2007, 09:29 PM
why isnt anything fun in this world resonable priced. And people wonder why kids have to go street racing when they could just go to a track.

The yearly membership will get you some perks, but it will not be essential for all the events. There should be plenty of non-member events, I think that most of the time the track will be rented by one club or another. The club, of course, will set the cost to run that day.

How much would a day at a track cost for it to reasonable for you and your friends?

pulser9
07-04-2007, 12:57 AM
id be willing and able to pay 150-250 depending on how many laps are given

NOPSTNS
07-04-2007, 01:01 AM
be more reasonable man, 150 bucks wouldnt get u on the parking lot of a real road course, 250 is closer tho...

i paid 300 to run at pocono and it was 6 session at 20 mins each, i found that to be more than fair. if it was anything close to that time/cost setup itd be more than reasonable. i dont go to racetrack to go swimming and play tennis, im on the track. so the point of jacking me up with a high price is to cover the cost of running all that fluff stuff to entertain the wife and kids while im out driving. i have no wife and no kids, i want to pay for the track, not the hotel across the street!

400 bucks for the day, sold! caravan anyone?

Cardriverx
07-04-2007, 12:29 PM

hells ya! My miata is itching for a track day.

pulser9
07-04-2007, 03:52 PM
be more reasonable man, 150 bucks wouldnt get u on the parking lot of a real road course, 250 is closer tho...

i paid 300 to run at pocono and it was 6 session at 20 mins each, i found that to be more than fair. if it was anything close to that time/cost setup itd be more than reasonable. i dont go to racetrack to go swimming and play tennis, im on the track. so the point of jacking me up with a high price is to cover the cost of running all that fluff stuff to entertain the wife and kids while im out driving. i have no wife and no kids, i want to pay for the track, not the hotel across the street!

O i know my 150- 250 wasnt a realalistic number but i was just saying that would be the most i could possibly be able to pay. That proves my point all fun things are expensive.

thewake
07-05-2007, 10:28 AM

It really is for people with families, wives at least. Paying $400 a day is still cheaper than membership + $150 a day until your 10th day (5th day if your wife drives too).

It is that same with golf course country clubs, you pay to be a member and get the perks and prestiege not cheaper golf. Those of us that can afford it and want the status will pay. The rest of us will keep our cash.