PDA

View Full Version : Wheel locks help!

Ion22
06-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok someone stole my lug nut lock key. and I need to know how to take them off I can't go and buy one of the pro things they are $65 and I'm only going to need it once so any ideas please tell me!

Thanks

TROLL
06-20-2007, 07:44 PM
buy another one...

if its an actual wheel lock then you should have the serial number with the packaging and they'll send you one.

if its just an aftermarket lug you probably need to buy another set just like it which will include one lug socket and a set of lugs.

Ion22
06-20-2007, 08:19 PM
No it's a lug not lock and I lost the box with the serial number on it. So I don't know what to do.

Wiisass
06-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Take it to a tire place, tell them you lost the key, have them tear it off. It will mess it up and you won't be able to use it again, but that won't matter because you don't have the key anyway. Then go to pep boys and buy a new lock set, put the locks on and, this time, don't lose the key.

Ion22
06-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Take it to a tire place, tell them you lost the key, have them tear it off. It will mess it up and you won't be able to use it again, but that won't matter because you don't have the key anyway. Then go to pep boys and buy a new lock set, put the locks on and, this time, don't lose the key.

Thanks

TROLL
06-21-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah and just hold onto that serial number next time in case this happens again :)

CHAOS
06-21-2007, 06:42 AM
im on my second set as well... but i found the first sets key after i thought i lost it and bought the second set haha

grimm
06-21-2007, 10:49 AM
if you gto some good vice grips, you can try and get them off that way. My GF's dad had a cheap set and the key actually cracked the lug nut, so he just got some vice grips and clamped it down on the out side of it and got it off that way? it would still need to be replaced after that... he might have dremeled the sides a bit so the vice grips had some flat ares to clamp too....

awdriver
06-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I dont know if its possible with the type you have, but the last set we destroyed we took a sledge and a old socket and hammered it over the wheel lock. It has to be a tight fit but it works