PDA

View Full Version : New Redesigned Website -LightWerkz.net

LightWerkz
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Over the last few years this hobby of mine turned into my business; it’s truly a dream come true. I have documented my work throughout the years and you can view (link up top on the main page) all the work I have done in my “professional” career in the gallery. My tinkering with automotive lighting started when I was very young, back when I had my first car. From there it turned into a hobby…something I just could not get away from. I taught myself how to do everything I offer currently.

A year ago I was working for a telecommunications company making great money, and was still doing the painting and clearing on the side, as you have seen on the Subaru forums. It was when I decided to begin to offer the projector retrofitting service that my business had really taken off. There was so much demand that I decided to quit my accounts receivables position at the telecom company, to do this full time! It was a big chance…and at that time I had no official site, just using forum threads to showcase my work. It seemed like that wasn’t even a necessity at the moment (the website), it seemed like the word had gotten out and everyone was willing to put some faith in me.

Business has been very good to me, but I started getting seriously overwhelmed. There was so much demand (from the Subaru community alone) I could barely handle all the emails that I had received daily basis. From the time I started this business, there has not been one single time that I was left with a “dry spell”….always some project that was being worked on. Personally I know I have the absolute fastest turn around times in this area of custom headlamp services, and I know I was going to fall behind if I got too tied up. I decided to hire some help, and now I have people helping me with labor and other products and services that will help speed up the order process.

I created the original LightWerkz site myself, and I had no experience with websites (just too much of an expense at the moment to hire help). It certainly did its job, however it was lacking a lot of information and pictures, and it also left a lot of questions unanswered. This was a big problem on my end… I worked with Alex (Owner of WRXAtlanta.com) over the last few months to develop a whole new site and design for LightWerkz. He has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and he is very professional and stands by his words. We knew we couldn’t just use any type of “pre-made web templates” since everything I do is custom. I decided to go against the normal “cart” type program, because to me its really boring, and in this type of business, I like to personally talk to all my customers to make sure they place the order the same way they imagine it. All the graphics and pictures were taken by me, everything is original folks. This new site is a compilation of all my hard work over the past few years. This new site has all the information one would ever need to answer their questions on pricing and which modifications can be done, and it also showcases my work through the new picture gallery.

As you can tell, the lighting modifications have really expanded over the years, even to different makes and models. That’s what LightWerkz is all about; Innovation! If you have any ideas, bring them forward, because nothing is impossible!

I would like to invite you to the newly redesigned LightWerkz website.

http://lightwerkz.net

XxaltezzaxX
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Cool beans, would love to sit in and watch you work one day. I've done a retrofit before and would like to see how you go about it.

CHAOS
06-12-2007, 03:38 PM
wow man, that looks fantastic... since ive now met you, im even more tempted to get my lights taken care of...

sisforsurfing
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
The site looks great, it's very comprehensive with the quality pictures for each product. The layout is simple but effective and extremely professional. You and he did a good job; getting sites done to a high standard without cutting corners takes a while. The payoff is that a potential customer can see this and know you're serious.

Props for not using a shopping cart template, which can still be customized, but this looks good :)

Plus, your bug-eye retrofit looks siick.

LightWerkz
06-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Been getting really positive feedback from everyone.

Its not hard to tell that everything on there is 100% original, just like the work I do :) We went back and forth playing with things and it really payed off. The result is extremely rewarding and this site came together exactly how I imagined it.

If you are local, stop by sometime to discuss your options. I can work on ANY light....doesnt matter if you dont see it one my site, chances are one day it will be up there ;)

Ender81
06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
The bugeye retrofits look sick but it also looks like it sucks not to have jdm's