PDA

View Full Version : Core return on painted calipers?

gary
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone have any experiences with returning painted calipers for cores. I will be in need of a rear caliper in the near future and I am uncertain they will take mine for a core. I haven't spoken to anyplace yet but I figured I would ask if anyone has had any problems.

Specnomore
06-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Im sure they will take them. Most times they dont care.

Mrjaydeeone
06-08-2007, 11:36 PM
yeah I just returned a set of calipers and the brake line fittings were different on both of them and they weren't about that either.

RyanG
06-09-2007, 12:33 AM
gary....come on dude you should have asked me lol. Yes they will take them. Color doesnt matter at all

Danronian
06-09-2007, 01:40 AM
You could set them on fire, cover them in tar, and then paint them pink, and then they'll still take them. If you ever do have a part like a cut/snapped axle, they usually don't want to take them. But if you return it when there is a cashier who doesn't give a crap about his job, it will be taken.

I personally am responsible for the policy at my local parts store about "will not return axles with cut threads" Hahah

Good luck with your brakes. Rear calipers sucks to replace often b/c of those stupid ebrakes and b/c they cost more than the fronts... Hopefully you don't run in to any problems.

E-Money
06-09-2007, 03:54 PM
why not just strip the paint?

Jim Lewis
06-09-2007, 04:07 PM
No need to strip the paint - when calipers are taken back to the "remanufacturer" (rebuilder), they're stripped, dipped and repainted, then rebuilt with new seals, and whatever other parts don't meet spec.

It just doesn't matter what they look like now, as long as they're structurally sound and don't have a chunk knocked out of them.

turbo4g63
06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
You could set them on fire, cover them in tar, and then paint them pink, and then they'll still take them. If you ever do have a part like a cut/snapped axle, they usually don't want to take them. But if you return it when there is a cashier who doesn't give a crap about his job, it will be taken.

I personally am responsible for the policy at my local parts store about "will not return axles with cut threads" Hahah

Good luck with your brakes. Rear calipers sucks to replace often b/c of those stupid ebrakes and b/c they cost more than the fronts... Hopefully you don't run in to any problems.

i returned a broken axle w/ cut threads at the local auto zone, i just put it in a bag and told him "don't open that unless you want grease all over yourself" some retarded guy....walking out the door, i was like "YES" 50 dollar core charge returned...thank you auto zone