PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anyone that can reproduce a body kit?

GeforceXtreme
07-10-2005, 08:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew anyone that could reproduce a factory or aftermarket body kit that either isn't made anymore, or one of a kind? I am trying to get idea's on reproducing a body kit I have however if it was to get damaged I would be in alot of trouble. I have the molds of the body kit, but somehow need to figure out how to make another matching pair? Any tips anyone?

AoD
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Fiberglass my friend. Make a plug of the mold then mold your kit off the plug. It's all very simple. Matter of fact I have a great video of it if someone has a few hundred meg of space and some bandwidth to spare, I'd gladly hook everyone up.

01. The Basics of Fiberglass and Mold Creation
02. Advanced Techniques
03. The Art of Moldless Composites

All ripped, ready for hosting.

GeforceXtreme
07-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Fiberglass my friend. Make a plug of the mold then mold your kit off the plug. It's all very simple. Matter of fact I have a great video of it if someone has a few hundred meg of space and some bandwidth to spare, I'd gladly hook everyone up.

01. The Basics of Fiberglass and Mold Creation
02. Advanced Techniques
03. The Art of Moldless Composites

All ripped, ready for hosting.

Yeah I kind of thought of making a fiberglass mod of it, but what do you mean by "making a plug"? could you upload movies these to me? I will just contact you on aim. Thanks.

ZQ8Rado
07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
fiberglassing is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, thos vids should help