PDA

View Full Version : A Joint Project: GANGSTA

Zw4nzig
06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
All that follows is a joint project between myself and Dylan (onebadgoat). Pictures to follow when we buy minidiscs.

This story starts a long time ago, when I had a tracker. The tracker was a good reliable little truck, and had plans to go lifted, bigger motor, armor under the car, and make it a goofy little offroader. Then a Buick t-boned it and twisted the frame. Bye-bye, Tracker :cry:

Next, I got a Dodge Neon. 97, SOHC, four door. It was good times with that car. Reliable, higher output then the Tracker, and stickshift. Amidst cries of "It's a NEON!" and other hurtful things (Junior! :mad: ) the Neon was fun while it lasted.

And then the great fight of Neon Vs. Prelude, and the Prelude won.. the Neon was trashed. Engine off the mounts sitting under the dash, radiatior torn in half, body messed up. It was a lost cause. So, I went diving for something to drive in the meantime and found something that so far has been fun as hell..

This is the story of the FRP Gangsta Car (So says Dylan)..

The Olds Cutlass Supreme. It's a 3.1 litre V6, 160 horse power. Right now it isn't feeling all too well (Lopes on idle, stalls occaisionally, has problems getting into higher RPM. I'm leaning towards an oil change, plugs, wires, and a new air filter.. Hopefuly it's nothing major beyond that.)

Anyway, the car looks like it has potential for SOMETHING, but we're not sure for what yet. Anyway, here goes!

06/02/07 - Me and Dylan sanded down some rust spots, primed up, repainted the rear bumper, and removed most of the pin striping.

Goals:
18" gold spoke-rims, lowered, camber (Broken axle, anyone?!), a sound system, interior reupholstering, debadging, and some style-painting.

Not looking at perfromance too much (I mean, come on. It IS a Cutlass..) but possibly an exhaust and new tips, cams in the motor, an intake, and some other minor stuff, just to help it haul around the extra weight of the system.

If anyone knows any good-looking gold spoke-style rims that are 18x6.5, etc etc and might fit the olds, lemme know!

Also, any suggestions for an absolutely SICK sound system setup?

Nick 95 6sp
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
If no pics yet, you gotta at least give us a clue what it looks like. What year is it?

This '84 Cutlass Gangsta-mobile was in Lowrider magazine:
http://images.lowridermagazine.com/features/0412_09z+1984_oldsmobile_cutlass_supreme+front_sid e_view.jpg

Zw4nzig
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry, it's a 93. I think the headlights in it are absolutely badass looking, but the rest of the body is kind of.. meh. It looks a lot like that olds, but it has a lot larger rear window. Those rims were also basically what I was looking for to put on it. Any info on them?

Nick 95 6sp
06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm sure we can find out what those wheels are but I'm not sure. I looked at the Lowrider page where that was shown but no info; here's a link to the page, I bet the article in the print magazine tells you what wheels are on it: http://www.lowridermagazine.com/features/0412lrm_1984_oldsmobile_cutlass_supreme/index.html

TROLL
06-02-2007, 11:41 PM
wait, its a 93? not an 83? i didnt know you could make them look 'gangster'.

Zw4nzig
06-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Well, it's all black-on-black-on-black, etc.

It's probably not gonna look as pimp as that car, but for what it is, I'll work with it.

TROLL
06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
cool, i dont know the first thing about em, so when you have a chance post some pics and show us your magic :)

twistedlanes
06-03-2007, 12:25 AM
haha we have basically the same car in different clothes. good luck with that.