PDA

View Full Version : misfiring? from 2k rpm-3k rpm..

dubjinc
05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
My car seemed to have severe misfiring, or some type of combustion problem at wide open throttle from 2000rpm to 3000rpm but after that its not as noticable. So i drove it and kept it above 3k and after about 1 mile it was back to normal. I have no idea what the problem is, if its serious, or whether theres even a problem. any ideas?

ToTheIX's
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
my eclipse did that when a plug wire was goin bad.....so maybe plugs/wires ?

dubjinc
05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
..i guess the way to check that is by replacing the spark plugs? could it be injectors?

dubjinc
05-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I pulled out all the spark plugs...yeah all four of them, and one wasn't in too tight, wiped em down, put them in and it drives fine, thanks for the suggestions!

Danronian
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Replace them plugs. I wipe-down will fix it for like a few days if you're lucky. If it's burning that much oil to foul them out, you might want to step up the heat range. Don't go to platinums if you do change them, stick with the standard copper cores since they usually do best with oil issues.

CHR!S
05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
check the plug like everyone else has said, same with the plugs. you might want to also check if there is some moisture that got in with the spark plug. happened to a friends motor and it was misfiring throughout the powerband at full throttle

dubjinc
05-31-2007, 12:51 AM
It's fixed now one plug was loose and water had gotten in it i was cleaning the crankcase i guess i wasn't careful enough. i also broke the bolt thats at the top left of the plug cover while tightening the nut under the cover. i cant get a nut on it now.

Danronian
06-05-2007, 01:31 PM
It's fixed now one plug was loose and water had gotten in it i was cleaning the crankcase i guess i wasn't careful enough. i also broke the bolt thats at the top left of the plug cover while tightening the nut under the cover. i cant get a nut on it now.

What nut? Is this a B series vtec motor?