PDA

View Full Version : Camber/Setup Question

Willdue
05-18-2007, 11:17 PM
So in the near future, i want to obtain a camber of -5 or -6. I will be getting Tein Coilover setup from Ray @ Turbo Tek with the next two months. I have 18x7 on a 245 tires. Will my 18s clear? Cause if not, i will put my GSX rims on that I have.

I will be getting my fenders rolled as well. My question is if erything will clear, without rubbing, and what I will all need besides the Tein Setup and fender Rolling. Maybe a different size tire? Prolly after a month or two on the Teins I will look into gettin new rims as well.

Wiisass
05-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Wow, I almost don't even want to get into this but I can't help myself.

First of all, you don't want -5 to -6 degress of camber. Why would you even think that?

Secondly, a 245 doesn't fit that well on a 18xtiny. Get something a little wider if you want to run a bigger tire. The tire will bulge way too much and you'll roll over on the sidewall, and it will just handle like mush.

Whether you'll rub on not depends on the offset on the wheels. If it's too high, you'll rub on the inside, if it's too low, you'll rub on the outside. And since I never cared about DSM's, I have no idea. And you didn't even list the offset on the wheels, so there's no way to know anyway.

cxrock16
05-19-2007, 11:57 AM
its low enough

turbo4g63
05-19-2007, 12:00 PM
whoa whoa whoa...get a turbo before you go dropping a bunch of money into a gs, if you do go ahead with all of this...at least keep all your stock parts and put that thing at least close to stock before selling in the future...i just don't wanna see you really wasting your money

D Money
05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow, I almost don't even want to get into this but I can't help myself.

First of all, you don't want -5 to -6 degress of camber. Why would you even think that?

Secondly, a 245 doesn't fit that well on a 18xtiny. Get something a little wider if you want to run a bigger tire. The tire will bulge way too much and you'll roll over on the sidewall, and it will just handle like mush.

Whether you'll rub on not depends on the offset on the wheels. If it's too high, you'll rub on the inside, if it's too low, you'll rub on the outside. And since I never cared about DSM's, I have no idea. And you didn't even list the offset on the wheels, so there's no way to know anyway.

haha, thank god you got to this thread before me. :wink:

Willdue
05-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Ahh blow bitches. Turbo dsms gunna cost me way more then a suspension setup that I really actually want, but yea, blow **** suckers.

cxrock16
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
ahaha

Honest_Bob
05-19-2007, 12:53 PM
**** all you haters!

go eat a hamburger and choke on a cow dick.

D Money
05-19-2007, 12:54 PM
the only thing you will be blowing is tires with -6 degress of camber. Even those bike width rims you run will rub the strut with that much camber. :rofl:

D Money
05-19-2007, 12:58 PM
http://jtuned.com/media/photobox.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=756&text=&imageid=18982&box=&shownew=

http://jtuned.com/media/photobox.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=756&text=&imageid=18981&box=&shownew=

That's -5 degrees camber on a 18x10 +22 wrapped in 255/40 A048 R compounds. That's a RACE CAR. You really wanna know what your car would look like with 18x7 +50 or above rims with that much camber? lol

Willdue
05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
ahaha

Same goes for you .

cxrock16
05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Same goes for you .

now chill out

Willdue
05-19-2007, 02:03 PM
ahaha

Same goes for you .

NOPSTNS
05-19-2007, 05:25 PM
prolly reiteration....but ill go at this with a less offensive approach...

rework those numbers bro.
a 18x7 will not fit a 245 properly. i have 18x8.5 and i SQEEEEZED a 255 on it. i cant imagine tryin to put that tire on a wheel 1.5 inches narrower, even if that tire is 10 mm narrower.....if it even is possible dude, those sidewalls would stick out so bad ud roll off the road in a corner....

and -5 camber is not only prolly undoable, its so unrealistic for a street car its funny. i have -1 front and -2 rear and my rear tires show an inch of outer cleanliness like you wouldnt believe. just 2 degrees is enuff to show on the street. anything over 2.5 for the street is just wrong. if it werent for my monthly wheel rotates the tires would be so strangely worn itd be embarassing.
what kind of tein coilover will u use? the tein basic isnt much for adjustability, its only made for ppl who just want an inexpensive coilover (aka pussies) . they make the flex which is adjustable in not only damping force but u can adjust hiehgt from the shell case instead of preloading the spring like the tein basics. but if u want to lower it by preloading the spring (not suggested) on the tein flex anyway then by all means. but u want the tein flex, they only sell it in mono tube form now, which, if ur still keeping score, costs more than the twin tube flex that they used to sell.

the coilovers alone will cost u 1700 easy, plus wider wheels to fit ur 245s, and the offset that u didnt mention yet.....give us stock offset and then go from there....fine, but untill then, dont bother...

use a good summer tire in 225s on ur 18x7s and do -2 fr and -1 rear on tein flex/basic and go from there....thatll handle worlds better than whatever setup u were plannin