PDA

View Full Version : **Help Needed ASAP*90 Camry**

ToyotaTat
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
1990 Toyota Camry Le 4cyl. 153,000 miles.

so here's the story as it is right now...this past friday (4/27), i was on my way home from somewhere when my car brokedown. no cel, didn't feel anything different, and no weird noises.

that sunday (4/29), my dad took a look at it to find that the timing belt was destroyed along w/ a loose bearing the in the water pump. so the timing belt, water pump, and alternator were all replaced that day. car runs great.

monday morning my dad finds that i leaked a decent amount of oil in the driveway over night. so he hoses down the engine to clean away of the oil, which in the process water logs it. so to dry it off, i was going to drive around the block a few times, well it was actually too wet to accelerate, it would only stay running in idle. so my dad sprayed it w/ some ether to dry it out, but we didn't wait long enough for the fumes to go away so when i went to start the car, FIRE. yea i know, smart isn't it? well we got it put out and no damage done, thank god. my dad continues messing around for another hour or so then tells me he found the leak, it was the gasket in the oil pan, and that he fixed it.

well turns out he was wrong. after leaking larger amounts of oil today, we took another look at it. the car is only leaking when it's running. once i turn the car off, the leak stops. we now think that the leak is coming from the cover for the timing belt, but we really can't quite figure it out.

btw on sunday my dad spent about 7 hours working on it. so anyway....at this point it is really frustrating. so what i need is if there is anybody who can help. we're willing to pay cash if someone can come over and actually do the work. any useful comments / advice is greatly appreciated. i may have missed some details, i don't know. this whole situation is really pissing me off.

we got the car w/ 138k and it now has 153,700. oil was just done at 153,000. never had a single problem with it until friday. sht sucks. anyone who is genuinly interested in coming over to help please pm me. i live in feasterville. thanks in advance.
Jason

whitezenki
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
make that into paragraphs... youll get a few more ppl to read it that way...

i didnt read it, but i will if theres paragraphs

StealthTC
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM
so was the timing destroyed and replaced and now your having more problems or what?

ToyotaTat
05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
yea, the timing belt was destroyed friday, replaced sunday. now there's an oil leak which is believed to be coming from the cover for the timing belt. that's what we're unsure of.

ToyotaTat
05-03-2007, 03:08 PM
:cry: anybody want to help??

StealthTC
05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I dont know anything that motor but the oil pump could be seizing up or the seal on its way out and that could have been the original reason you threw your timing if the oil from the pump pulley soaked the belt and threw your timing. I would check oil pump/pulley.

ToyotaTat
05-03-2007, 05:54 PM
about to start on it now...just taking everything apart, picking up any necessary parts tomorrow...

05OCsrt-4
05-05-2007, 04:09 PM
almost 90% sure it's ur oil pump, the seal between the pump and the head gets worn out and turns into a hard plastic and stops sealing over time, that is probably ur problem, easy fix since ur doing a timing belt anyway