PDA

View Full Version : injectors

Twinz
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
im in the market for some larger injectors for my Z. Im looking at either 555's or 740's. I've looked a few places and im finding prices like $750+ at the cheapest. Im wondering if you have any conection with any companies selling injectors and what your prices are..thanks

300zTT
05-01-2007, 01:10 PM
dont get vemon injectors i hear very very bad things about them

The Devils Z
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
what year is your Z ( meaning what year fuel rail / plenum do you have ?? ) what size injectors are you looking for and what ecu are you going to run for these injectors ? Thanks !

Twinz
05-02-2007, 01:44 PM
i have a 95 motor, im planning on either running 555cc or 740cc..i think im leaning toward the 555's because im not trying to go massively modded quite yet...im planning on cams and probably larger turbos (gt28's BB) or the (sport550's), not exactly sure yet. With both i have been told i can run the 555's. I have a JWT ECU already installed. i will just need to re-flash it for the injectors correct? I as well have heard nothing good about venom...i know a lot of people run nismo...but im wondering what other companies make good injectors for it...thanks

The Devils Z
05-02-2007, 06:53 PM
i have a 95 motor, im planning on either running 555cc or 740cc..i think im leaning toward the 555's because im not trying to go massively modded quite yet...im planning on cams and probably larger turbos (gt28's BB) or the (sport550's), not exactly sure yet. With both i have been told i can run the 555's. I have a JWT ECU already installed. i will just need to re-flash it for the injectors correct? I as well have heard nothing good about venom...i know a lot of people run nismo...but im wondering what other companies make good injectors for it...thanks

I only recommend NISMO or the Border 850cc .. the Nismo 555 and the Nismo 740 cc basically will cost the same and both cost more than the Border 850cc. If you plan to upgrade at all ever down the road or run race gas on anything bigger than the gt28r ( like the gt28rs ) ..I would get larger than the 555. You should consider getting a Ash Spec chip as it's cheaper and more programs for the larger injectors are available. Let me know where you want to go from here

Twinz
05-04-2007, 12:56 PM
actually thinking about it now it was the gt28rs's i was looking at i think...i dont know i have the exact set up i was looking into gettin writen down at home i will have to check...the 850's wont dump too much fuel on normal driving? that was one of my concerns with getting the 740's..Also would i be able to run the Ash Spec chip with my curent ECU? How much can you get the Border 850's for?

The Devils Z
05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
actually thinking about it now it was the gt28rs's i was looking at i think...i dont know i have the exact set up i was looking into gettin writen down at home i will have to check...the 850's wont dump too much fuel on normal driving? that was one of my concerns with getting the 740's..Also would i be able to run the Ash Spec chip with my curent ECU? How much can you get the Border 850's for?

I run the 850cc in my Z .. no issues ..depends on the program .. I highly recommend a ash-spec chip / program --- you will have no issues ..

I recommend getting the power enterpise 850cc injectors .. PE and Border are both made by Sard and PE is cheaper ... you will need a late model fuel rail or the 300 degree fuel rail kit .. let me know when you are seriously interested and we can talk $$$ and availability ...

I will need to ask you a few questions about your Z because the 94+ had differences then the early model for fuel rails and plenums ..etc