PDA

View Full Version : Exaust?

LilWheezy75
07-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Im lookin to put sum mufflers on my car... its got dual mufflers.. any suggestions.. I was thinkin Flowmasters is there anything else out there i can get a nice deep sound from and a few extra horses? And does it matter if i use ricer exaust instead of flowmasters? how would those sound wit my engine?

SilverTurboRidin
07-04-2005, 02:07 AM
your car wont exactly have the *deep* tone your looking for hence it being a 6cyl, or whatever it is.

But it also wont have that annoying buzzing sound.

S4toSTI
07-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Im lookin to put sum mufflers on my car... its got dual mufflers.. any suggestions.. I was thinkin Flowmasters is there anything else out there i can get a nice deep sound from and a few extra horses? And does it matter if i use ricer exaust instead of flowmasters? how would those sound wit my engine?
Sorry to be dumb but what kinda car

SilverTurboRidin
07-04-2005, 11:57 AM
94' Lincoln Continental

99SL2_Modder
07-04-2005, 12:03 PM
glasspacks and/or resonators will quiet the tone down. Usually, you can get a nice burble at idle, but it will be LOUD at WOT, but not exhaust leak vtaaaakkkkkk loud, more like a healthy engine loud.

*edit*
Putting just mufflers on a car probably won't get you much HP. For some reason, It thought you were upgrading your exhaust system from the cat-back.

SilverTurboRidin
07-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, i mean you can put muffler's on it, YOU WILL BARELY hear it. but it will be noticeable.

I Know this because my friend did this to his 2.9L Ford Ranger

S4toSTI
07-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, i mean you can put muffler's on it, YOU WILL BARELY hear it. but it will be noticeable.

I Know this because my friend did this to his 2.9L Ford Ranger
If you go to any good muffler shop i think they will have a step up they can trow together go cat back put at 3 chamber flowmaster on it and u will be happy :driving: !

99ElectronBlueCivicSi
07-04-2005, 03:35 PM
go to an exhaust shop will and get them to make u custom cat-back with like some flowmaster mufflers and just a simple like dual slant tip or something

2point4DSM
07-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Flowmasters??? Isn't that considered part of the terrible 80's. :D I've never been a fan of Flowmasters. The stupid chambered design wasn't all that useful for making hp. Probably better for making noise than anything. So if you like that type of stuff you might be better off just poking holes in your stock muffler. Buy one of those stepped drill bits and just start off with a small hole, turn on your motor, listen for noise and continue drilling to the next bigger size till your happy. Just keep in mind that you'll need a new muffler by your next inspection.

Otherwise, check out summitracing.com. WLK24219--->Bullet muffler I use as a resonator. Unlike some resonators that might neck down 1" or more this piece maintains a similar internal size. So a 3" inlet/outlet is should have a 2.95" center or something like that. On my car I've been using Walker mufflers. They have Superturbo and Ultraflow mufflers that come in either aluminized, regular stainless or polished stainless steel mufflers that come in all sorts of sizes and configs. From loud to free flowing and anywhere in btw. Best of all you can go to pretty much any autoparts store, ask for their Walker catalog and look for the one you want. Might even have a kit for your car for very reasonable money.

Also, I like Edelbrock stainless mufflers over Borla just because I've seen too many Borla mufflers crack.

If your looking for a shop to put together a custom setup just send me a PM. I can send you to the shop that did mine.

272sWrx
07-04-2005, 04:08 PM
GET Dual Flow masters it will look hot. btw were you on the blv on sunday between 7-9pm, i was by the 76 exit

LilWheezy75
07-04-2005, 04:14 PM
aiight, yea i was planning on duin the system over with 3" pipes maybe... but i wanna get an idea of the costs... But if not im just going with the mufflers. O and the boulavard on sunday? yesterday? Nope i worked ill 9.

S4toSTI
07-04-2005, 04:22 PM
go to an exhaust shop will and get them to make u custom cat-back with like some flowmaster mufflers and just a simple like dual slant tip or something
U said the same thing as me look up lol

LilWheezy75
07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
hah.. yea i was jus makin the statement.. so you knew what i decided on... I got the idea from you tho.. so thanks.. lol

S4toSTI
07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
hah.. yea i was jus makin the statement.. so you knew what i decided on... I got the idea from you tho.. so thanks.. lol
Bet it will sound nice

LilWheezy75
07-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Hope so, Im gonna get some estimates.. n if its reasonable.. i might get it done in two weeks...so youll hear it.

Im gonna try this guy my friends dad went to . he did his pontiac grand prix with dual flowmasters and had to do new pipes all in the back n he did it for 400 .. and i want to see what others will charge.. ill keeep you updated