View Full Version : mitsu recal 4/19/07

justice
04-20-2007, 09:37 PM
04/19/2007 Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturer recall/service
bulletin issued
Recall #C9207T 2.0L Fed emissions
Recall #C9601T Frt seat belt buckle
Recall #C9803T Transfer case

Click here or call 1-888-648-7820 to locate an authorized Mitsubishi dealership near you to obtain more information about this recall

Evo8kid
04-20-2007, 10:02 PM
for what years? i want a new t-case!!

justice
04-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure what all years it's for, you'd have to call the #. The recall showed up when I was running a carfax on a early 90's GSX. I ran a carfax on a 98 GS and it came up with a recall for that too. I guess yesterday was the day for Mitsu to make a bunch of recall notices.

Evo8kid
04-20-2007, 10:19 PM
it came up for a GS? thats strange but if it came up for a GSX it might be good for mee 2! only if they would recall the trans too

justice
04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
it didn't come up with the same recall for the GS, but it came up with a recall and the same date. I tried to search on all the dmv/lemon law/edmunds websites, but I guess it's the recalls are too new to have made it down to them.

eclipse98
04-20-2007, 10:42 PM
i think that recall was on the a-arms because i no i got mine replaced because of that

justice
04-20-2007, 10:44 PM
i think that recall was on the a-arms because i no i got mine replaced because of that

yeah, that sounds about right.

QuasiMondo
04-23-2007, 01:37 AM
C9803T

Defect: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. LOCKUP OF THE TRANSFER CASE CAN OCCUR DUE TO INSUFFICIENT LUBRICATION.

Consequence: THIS CONDITION CAN CAUSE A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE VEHICLES FOR ADEQUACY OF THE TRANSFER CASE OIL VOLUME, TRANSFER CASE OIL LEAKAGE, AND OPERATIONAL DEGRADATION OF THE TRANSFER CASE MECHANISM. IF OIL VOLUME IS INSUFFICIENT, THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF OIL WILL BE ADDED. IF THERE IS TRANSFER CASE OIL LEAKAGE, AFFECTED COMPONENTS WILL BE REPLACED. IF THE TRANSFER CASE SHOWS OPERATIONAL DEGRADATION, THE TRANSFER CASE WILL BE REPLACED.

C9601T

Defect: THE FRONT SAFETY BELT BUCKLE RELEASE BUTTONS CAN BREAK. THESE RED PLASTIC RELEASE BUTTONS ARE MARKED "PRESS." IF A BUTTON BREAKS, PIECES CAN FALL INTO THE BUCKLE ASSEMBLY CAUSING THE BUCKLE TO OPERATE IMPROPERLY.

Consequence: THE SAFETY BELTS WOULD NOT PROVIDE ADEQUATE PROTECTION TO AN OCCUPANT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Corrective Action: OWNERS SHOULD PROMPTLY CHECK THE CONDITION AND OPERATION OF BOTH FRONT SAFETY BELT BUCKLES AND CAREFULLY INSPECT THE RED RELEASE BUTTON FOR ANY BREAKS OR CRACKS. THEY SHOULD ENSURE THAT BOTH BUCKLES ARE OPERATING PROPERLY BY INSERTING EACH LATCH PLATE INTO ITS BUCKLE, TUGGING ON THE BELT TO MAKE SURE THE LATCH IS SECURELY LOCKED, AND THEN PRESSING THE RELEASE BUTTON. THE LATCH PLATE SHOULD POP OUT OF THE BUCKLE WHEN THE BUTTON IS PRESSED. IF EITHER RELEASE BUTTON SHOWS A SIGN OF BREAKING OR CRACKING OR IF EITHER BUCKLE FAILS TO OPERATE PROPERLY, OWNERS SHOULD PROMPTLY CONTACT THEIR AUTHORIZED DEALER TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE THE BUCKLE REPLACED OR REPAIRED, FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER IS DEVELOPING A REMEDY DESIGNED TO PREVENT FAILURE OF THE BUTTONS THAT ARE NOT CURRENTLY BROKEN.

C9207T

The only thing I saw close to being engine related was a recall on the gaskets for the fuel tank sending unit. If installed improperly, it would allow fuel or fumes to escape from the tank, creating a potential fire hazard.

All recall information for Eclipses can be found here (http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/cars/recalls/usa/eclipse-spyder.html)

Willdue
04-23-2007, 07:47 AM
So would it be worth me calling? Ive never dealt with these things before..

Willdue
04-23-2007, 07:48 AM
wait, emmisions? Is this why my damn car wont pass inspection for the life of it?

QuasiMondo
04-23-2007, 07:07 PM
The only one I'd be concerned with is the transfer case recall if you have AWD. It's not that hard to replace the gasket for the fuel pump sender, and as old as these cars are, if the seat belt latch hasn't broken yet, it probably won't for the forseeable future. Besides, if it does break, how much does a junkyard replacement cost?

mtwn
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
i called the number.
my evo's covered, but i have to wait until i get a letter in the mail about it before i can do anything..