PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating questions?

LilWheezy75
06-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Question: How much heat can a powdercoated product withstand.. Because my car is pretty hott!?

Also:
Im tryin to get the thing on my engine that Says 3.8L V6 (seen here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1433275/2 ) Powdercoated.. probably green.. or black.. and my valve covers also (for a v6) how much you think it would be total... Ide call but considering its 11:51 , your probably closed so i thought ide ask here!

boneheadperformance
07-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Powder coat can withstand about 450 degrees. Since it is glossed at 450 and baked at 400 for 20 minutes, an intake manifold and valve covers can definitely withstand the powder coat temperature. I have done hundreds of each and have not had 1 problem. High temp powder coat is typically used for exhaust manifolds, headers, heat shields etc. and can withstand 1000 degrees. Stop by the shop sometime to view the color selection I have. I carry 100+ colors and 99% of them are in stock. I have about 6 different shades of green and black. A 6 cylinder intake manifold is $65 and V6 valve covers are $50 per pair. This includes stripping, hot tanking, blasting, degreasing, and coating. All gasket surfaces, bolt holes, threads etc. are taped off. The intake manifold might look real good if the top is polished for a nice contrast. ($20 charge) Shop# is 215-295-4350

LilWheezy75
07-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Great.. sounds like a great price... when i startt gettin money from my job ill stop in, shouldnt be too long.. im jus tryint o do my research n get a list of stuff now...

I was also wondering if you had like hosing i can dress up my engine with, since theres not much i can do for power i figured id dress it up a little?!?

boneheadperformance
07-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Sounds good. As for the hosing to dress up your engine bay, I don't really carry anything like that but I can get it for you. Bring the car by and I will take a look and can make some recomendations.

LilWheezy75
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
How does the chrome powdercoating look? I want to get my grill rechromed... Butt i have no idea where to get it done right... and then i thought of your powdercoat. How much you think it would cost?

boneheadperformance
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
What is the grill from? Chances are it is plastic and cannot be done. It would melt in the oven. If it is metal than yes, I can do it. The chrome powder coat cannot be compared to chrome plating. The powder coat is more of a shiny silver. Check out the color chart sample of chrome I have listed below. Scroll down to the reflective chrome color.

http://boneheadperformance.com/powdercoating/standardcolors.htm

LilWheezy75
07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Its from my 94 continental.. i believe its metal... you know of anywere i can send it to be chromed? I want the shiny chrome look to match the chrome trim on the car

boneheadperformance
07-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Sorry, don't know too many places that chrome anymore. PA has been cutting down on chromers due to the harmful chemicals. I know a few guys that moved over to NJ because of the laws here.