PDA

View Full Version : What to do to mod my car?

LilWheezy75
06-30-2005, 11:14 PM
I gotta 94 lincoln continental.. theres not much i can do to the 3.8L V6 and theres not much i can do with the body of the car either... I plan on a custom intake setup, New battery... already new spark plugs wires ect... im going to put a K & N filter and dress up the engine... Flowmasters ... and in the long run paint and rims... anyone with any other ideas to make my lincoln look a little nicer and be a little quicker.

Alsoo does anyone know where i can send my grill to get chromed in the area for a reasonably good price?? my grill is black and i realy want it to be chromed.. please help!

Will

DoubleOughtCel
06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Supercharger :banana:

Do a GTP swap

LilWheezy75
06-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Yea.. can i get a supercharger for my engine? And how much you think a GTP swap would cost me??? id ont have the budget for that.. PLUS Lincolns transaxle (from what i heard) are the same used on Taurus's and a few otehr models and not made to handle that much power.. so i think a supercharge would kill my car.. unless i could fix the transaxle problem.

xEJ20x
06-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Yea.. can i get a supercharger for my engine? And how much you think a GTP swap would cost me??? id ont have the budget for that.. PLUS Lincolns transaxle (from what i heard) are the same used on Taurus's and a few otehr models and not made to handle that much power.. so i think a supercharge would kill my car.. unless i could fix the transaxle problem.

As long as you dont run too much boost it should hold out for sometime.

DoubleOughtCel
06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Check out www.clubgp.com and go into the "for sale" section of the forums. You may be able to find a used engine there. Otherwise........eBay.

LilWheezy75
07-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Alright great thanks.. I also want to elimate my airbox setup and custom make a cold air intake right there.. or atleast add a new filter instead of the Airbox... Do you think there would be any benefits from this other than just looks?

DoubleOughtCel
07-01-2005, 12:02 AM
EDIT: I'm an idiot

LilWheezy75
07-01-2005, 12:08 AM
haha..yea im kinda confused now?

SilverTurboRidin
07-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Alright great thanks.. I also want to elimate my airbox setup and custom make a cold air intake right there.. or atleast add a new filter instead of the Airbox... Do you think there would be any benefits from this other than just looks?

i posted under your welcome section. Some one was using a APC intake on the same car and motor

LilWheezy75
07-01-2005, 12:10 AM
o yea i saw that.. I emailed the guy about the job and never got an answer.. and i dont know who else to talk to about it.

SilverTurboRidin
07-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Start experimenting.

Hell i no nothign about your car but i love learning **** so im game to give ya a hand

LilWheezy75
07-01-2005, 12:14 AM
iight thanks. sounds great.. im not gonna start workin on it yet, Im jus trying to gather as much info as possible about it first.. I want to finish my system n get my exaust done before i do n e thing else... But once i start it ill let you know

capaGC8
07-01-2005, 12:31 AM
5.0l out of a marauder... that'll wake up the sleepers

LilWheezy75
07-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Yea that would be reallly nice... But i dont think im all about the engine swap because of the money that is required, that i dont have.

piratius
07-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Isn't that the same 3.8L as in the mustang? If so, you can super/turbo/NA mod the hell out of it.

Ford owns lincoln, right? post a pic of your motor, I"ll tell you for sure.

~Brad

Chair-Force
07-02-2005, 03:40 AM
Isn't that the same 3.8L as in the mustang? If so, you can super/turbo/NA mod the hell out of it.

Ford owns lincoln, right? post a pic of your motor, I"ll tell you for sure.

~Brad
Ford does own Lincoln.

Yea supercharge that thing and do alot of weight reduction, that thing is heavy.

LilWheezy75
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
I dont know if its the same, sum pics are on this site... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1433275/2