PDA

View Full Version : New Jerseys TurboTrix

Lincroft What
04-06-2007, 03:16 PM
it is a shop in new jersey that could possibly be the worst place in the entire tristate area... my brother had alot of stuff put into his 2002 wrx including his full tein coilovers and edfc and he was on the park way yesterday and his tire blew and he takes it off puts the donut on... inspects the tire and there was a gash on the inside by where the axel is and he took of the donut and looked and all the bolts were missing for the coils and he calls turbotrix and they told him they will replace the tire but they arent paying for it to be towed....... that place sucks

evomike
04-06-2007, 03:50 PM
one more horror story cant beleive people still go there

Evo8kid
04-06-2007, 07:40 PM
They are not car friendly, let alone subaru friendly

Evolved
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Yet another second hand story. How come it's always the "friend" that posts these stories and not the car owner himself. Not saying this didn't happen but most anti TT stories are second hand.

Lincroft What
04-07-2007, 11:02 AM
its just cause my brother is not really computer smart haha and yea that place should burn

mtwn
04-08-2007, 06:58 PM
YES!!! more turbotrix horror stories..
my buddies sti motor they built fell apart.. sleeves fell out of the block and they wouldnt guarentee there OWN work.. :finga: turbotrix.

mtwn
04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I got a first hand tt story.
There customer service sucks ass
I dont know how many times i went in there to buy/order parts and they just sit behind the counter like you arent even there.
after that happened like 3-4 times i got fed up with the place..

yeah every place around you will get mixed reviews. a handful of people can go there and have ZERO problems, where as another handful can go there and have nothing but nightmares. Its Just like anything, like aftermarket parts for example, you have lovers.. and you have haters.. its just some people actually have legitimate resons for hating... most just jump on whatever bandwagon is ahead at the time.

there customer service is what keeps ME away from them.
and i enjoy working on my own vehicle:mrgreen:

PitBullRS
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
i've never heard one positive thing come from anybody that has ever gone there

GSXDCY
04-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I have been there many times and never had any of these problems that you guys are talking about but now Im kinda worried.....

mtwn
04-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I have been there many times and never had any of these problems that you guys are talking about but now Im kinda worried.....

its like anything else
some people have good experiences and some people have bad experiences..

wgknestrick
04-09-2007, 10:13 PM
They are surely a ****ty shop. Go right ahead and deny it, we'll see who really teaches who in the end.

Note to Turbo Trix: Nylon lock nuts don't play nice on turbo studs. They aren't too fun to take off either (my personal experience) and I didn't even take my car there for them to work on.

mtwn
04-09-2007, 10:19 PM
They are surely a ****ty shop. Go right ahead and deny it, we'll see who really teaches who in the end.

oh im not denying it.
ive seen enough crap comeout of there.. i just kept it G rated and i kept to personal experiences
:mrgreen:

rhymeaj
04-11-2007, 09:09 AM
these guys customer service sucks...cant say anything else bout the shop work

evomike
04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
i got tuned by turbo trix and on their magic dyno it made 900000 hp they lie about everyones numbers its quite funny

mtwn
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
they lie about everyones numbers its quite funny

doesnt suprise me one bit.

evomike
04-11-2007, 12:06 PM
yupjust like some kid who told me tt tuned his evo a 20g car with a 2.3 stroker it made 440 wheel on stock injectors hahahahahah the numbers are so far from reality its unbeleivable

mtwn
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
yupjust like some kid who told me tt tuned his evo a 20g car with a 2.3 stroker it made 440 wheel on stock injectors hahahahahah the numbers are so far from reality its unbeleivable

:screwy:

evomike
04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
are you saying im crazy or that the kid beleves those are his hp numbers

mtwn
04-11-2007, 12:12 PM
are you saying im crazy or that the kid beleves those are his hp numbers

the kid.
not you.
sorry shouldve specified.

evomike
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM
its cool yeah i informed him that he was wrong, i even said ill take him out in my car since on low boost im about 445whp

Evolved
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM

Again, another second hand story from some kid trying to brag. I'm not saying you have to like TT but it is interested that, for the most part, you only hear second hand stories.

*not directed at anyone specific*
If you are going to complain about something lets hear it first hand and explain the situation. That's all I'm saying, and not just with TT but with anything you talk about.

evomike
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
no i have first hand stories im just stating something and i dont go to shops at all so i wont ever have that problem

mtwn
04-11-2007, 12:46 PM
If you are going to complain about something lets hear it first hand and explain the situation. That's all I'm saying, and not just with TT but with anything you talk about.

I got a first hand tt story.
There customer service sucks ass
I dont know how many times i went in there to buy/order parts and they just sit behind the counter like you arent even there.
after that happened like 3-4 times i got fed up with the place..

there you go.

oh and ive fixed alot of stupid little crap on a 2g dsm w/ a 6bolt swap that TURBOTRIX halfassed... shotty wiring job.. silicone used to hold wires together, you get the point..

so yeah.

mtwn
04-11-2007, 12:46 PM
i dont go to shops at all so i wont ever have that problem

amen.

Doing your own work is the best way

turbo4g63
04-14-2007, 02:51 AM
wasnt their a guy on here with a galant vr4 that blew up like 500 miles into breaking in the motor b/c they didn't torque the rod bolts or head bolts or something

800whpDUB
04-25-2007, 03:16 PM
shop is horrible thats all there is to it....

silver05bullet
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
ive been to turbo trix numerous times and i havent had any problems with them, but then again they are pricey for the stuff they do, now i do all my own stuff so i wont be having any problems with no one other than myself

jjm4life
04-25-2007, 06:43 PM
been to turbotrix twice myself. yea their customer service may not be the best, but as far as their work goes, id say they do a pretty good job. i will most likely be up there in a few weeks for cams o2 housing and another dyno tune for my evo. and by the way abouttheir dyno being inflated, im not so sure about that. for reference i made 300whp even which seems pretty solid considering my mods

and until someone can come up with a better shop that BOTH does installs and dyno tunes, ill probobly keep going up there

redwrxwagon02
04-26-2007, 01:02 PM
for the record its becoming clear as day that tt is a tuner for evo's and evo's only theyr not subie friendly or dsm friendly i got a price quote for just a reflash just a reflash he said 600 dollars this kid i met once got his evo flashed for like 120 bucks its bs why favor one car and try and screw other people over

uurxin
04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah back in the day 2002 or 2003 i got a turbo xs stage 4.5 and got it dyno tuned at turbo trix.. the guy jr was dynoing my car.. but jacking off half the time not doing anything, eating, working on other cars.. then when he went to charge me .. lets just say he over estimated.. then i was having problems with the tune.. so i went back.. he said he fixed it .. apprently he did nothing ... so i said **** it.. and had turbo xs tune it for me. never go there again!

they have some nice cars.. but deal with people ****ty..

mtwn
04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
for the record its becoming clear as day that tt is a tuner for evo's and evo's only theyr not subie friendly or dsm friendly i got a price quote for just a reflash just a reflash he said 600 dollars this kid i met once got his evo flashed for like 120 bucks its bs why favor one car and try and screw other people over

its sad they are no longer dsm friendly.. seeing as how thats what started the buisness..

mtwn
04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
they have some nice cars.. but deal with people ****ty..

yeah THEIR OWN cars are niice.. because theyre not halfassed.

Verocious
04-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,

It's tough reading horror stories people have about shops. The bottom line is it's just not easy work. JJM4Life mentioned he was looking for a place that does installs as well as tuning. We do everything in house, including parts, so if that helps anyone we'd be glad to take care of you.

Jake

RyanG
04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with Jake, running a business is hard. BUT you HAVE to take care of your customers no matter what!

We strive to keep everyone of our customers as happy as we can, Im sure Verocious does as well.
Bad customer service is just that...bad..

mtwn
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
We strive to keep everyone of our customers as happy as we can

and that is why you guys will succeed. You know that your work isnt the only thing that keeps the customers and money coming it. Its also how you treat them.

:thumbup: for a respectable shop.

redwrxwagon02
04-26-2007, 04:43 PM
^ precisely i think we all realise its hard to run a shop and with tuning installing and such it can be hard but when a shop is d*cking over its customers and bsing that just not right and unexcusable in my book

gsrboi80
04-26-2007, 08:23 PM
i dont go to shops at all so i wont ever have that problem

+1 :mrgreen: