PDA

View Full Version : Knocking Injector? My Problem?

Willdue
03-25-2007, 04:11 PM
So this may be my problem people, maybe? I started a new thread cause the other one got fluttered with mess and was a diff topic.

So i was working on my car, and i realized a really loud knocking noise from my injector, the first one on the left [from passenger side]

you think this could be my problem? and how you think i can fix it? new injector?

teh DIRT
03-25-2007, 04:12 PM
injectors shouldnt knock, they should tick.

If they arent ticking, they arent firing. If you want to see if it is the injector, while its running take a screwdriver and touch it to the injector. Touch the other end to your ear. You'll be able to hear the tick better. Then unplug that injector and see if the tick is still there, it shouldnt be. You can test all 4 injectors this way.

Willdue
03-25-2007, 04:15 PM
injectors shouldnt knock, they should tick.

If they arent ticking, they arent firing. If you want to see if it is the injector, while its running take a screwdriver and touch it to the injector. Touch the other end to your ear. You'll be able to hear the tick better. Then unplug that injector and see if the tick is still there, it shouldnt be. You can test all 4 injectors this way.

Yea, it's ticking. Ima go do that now quick, thanks.

BTW, not to be off topic, hows that ipod?

teh DIRT
03-25-2007, 04:22 PM
its awesome lol. thanks for that. ill give you an itrader point since I never did.

Willdue
03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
its awesome lol. thanks for that. ill give you an itrader point since I never did.

lol thnks, hows the button?

Up yea, so all my injectors are knocking, 2 more then the other 2.

where can i get injectors quick?

its a 420a

teh DIRT
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
so when you unplugged two of them the knocking stopped? Like I said before, they are supposed to tick, but a knock probably isnt good. I dont know much about your engine but I also can't tell you that an injector is bad if it knocks. A DSM savvy person should chime in.

Willdue
03-25-2007, 05:07 PM
so when you unplugged two of them the knocking stopped? Like I said before, they are supposed to tick, but a knock probably isnt good. I dont know much about your engine but I also can't tell you that an injector is bad if it knocks. A DSM savvy person should chime in.

on this motor, you cant juss unplug a injector, you have to take the throttle body off. Is there a way i can make sure there bad?

noclutch
03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm DSM savvy. I've got a set of blue tops if you need them.:cyberguy:

teh DIRT
03-25-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm DSM savvy. I've got a set of blue tops if you need them.:cyberguy:

well before you try and sell your parts to him, does he need them?

does knocking injectors mean they are bad?

noclutch
03-25-2007, 06:30 PM
How should I know, I've never heard an injector knock. I'm juss saying that Ive got a set of stock dsm injectors.

teh DIRT
03-25-2007, 06:36 PM
haha, well you said you were DSM savvy. bump for an answer

noclutch
03-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Could be lifter tick. Common problem amongst DSMs. The new revised HLAs are the usual fix.

teh DIRT
03-25-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah I think having an injectors knock is a little unlikely. Something with a little more mass is probably causing this. Valve, lifter, piston etc.

Willdue
03-25-2007, 07:47 PM
well,when i put the screwdriver on the inkector, i could hear the ticking plain as day.

Would knock sensor really cause that much power loss? What did you say fixes it? What price? its at like 50% power as we speak. its wierd because sometimes its worse then others, some days its REALLY bad, and stalls ou alot, other days its not as bad. I think bc of the stalling, it would be fuel related?

And juss being curious, how much for the injectors?

Willdue
03-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Well, I need some advice, what should I do?

stracer25
03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
i say come to the shop and leme run the diganostic machine on it

Willdue
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
i dont have time for that, i juss need some cheap injectors to pop in, how much to install? Lets take em outta the neon

stracer25
03-26-2007, 07:38 PM
haha...the neon...install=free