PDA

View Full Version : The RX finally came to life again last night......briefly

crepete
02-04-2005, 07:07 PM
After several months of tinkering with my car, I finally got it running again. I just installed a new Power FC, 1600cc top feed injectors, a KGParts fuel rail, an AEM fuel pressure regulator, and a Koyo all alluminum race radiator.
Started right up and didn't miss a beat. let the car run for about 2 mins and smell some gas. Look at the fpr and its spewing like crazy. First thing I though : you should have gotten the an fittings my friend. So now its back to the drawing board. Ordered some -6 an fittings and steel braided fuel line, should be here tomorrow. Hopefully things go off without a hitch.

mazda6guy
02-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Congrats man. Another FD on the road. That is great. Hope your parts get here tommorrow. :banana:

crepete
02-04-2005, 08:01 PM
No pistons, no valves, no problem.
Gotta love a rotary!

Just a rats nest of horrible, horrible vacuum lines. Ha ha! I gotta get this baby non- sequential, then I won't have that many vac lines.

Maybe you'd know the answer to this mazda6guy:
After installing the power fc and the injectors, my car will not rev above 4000 rpms. Now I'm wondering whether the injectors are not firing, or dumping too much fuel and making the car stall. My a/f gauge reads dead lean when this happens. I'm going to get it tuned soon, but until I figure out why, I think it might be useless if I go to dyno it and it dosen't rev all the way.

mazda6guy
02-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeah I think the injectors are not firing for ya. Does it smoke when you get it to 4000rpms? Like I think that you are lacking fuel and also if you have the capabilities check your sparkplugs for fire. Also pull one to see if you are flooding just to rule it out. If the plugs are wet then that is one of your probs. Flooding. Just my 2 cents eventhough it is not much. :mrgreen:

the mike
02-05-2005, 09:32 AM
If the A/F ratio is reading dead lean(probably above 17-1 ratio) you are not getting enough fuel. You were saying that the FPR was leaking? Maybe theres a restriction in the supply line to the fuel rail(s) or an internal restriction? Maybe the Power FC is pulling fuel out? I have no experience with that set up. Is there a valet mode? I have a UTEC in my EVO and theres a valet setup which wont allow it to boost above a certain point and pulls a bunch of timing.
But if you are reading lean at 4K I would check for a lack of fuel.

$.02
mike

crepete
02-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Lack of fuel is what I have been leaning towards. I have been trying to find a fuel cut option in the power fc but can't seem to find it. I'm going over today to work on my car once my parts come. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

crepete
02-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Well....got it running and drove it home. Seems to fall on its face now at 3k. Checked my boost gauge when this happens and I seem to be running 1 psi. 1 whole pound of boost. I think some vac lines are backwards. More on this tomorrow..........

teh DIRT
02-05-2005, 11:08 PM
thats crazy amounts of boost. I dont know how our apex seals take it!

crepete
02-05-2005, 11:44 PM
thats crazy amounts of boost. I dont know how our apex seals take it!

My thoughts exactly.

the mike
02-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Well....got it running and drove it home. Seems to fall on its face now at 3k. Checked my boost gauge when this happens and I seem to be running 1 psi. 1 whole pound of boost. I think some vac lines are backwards. More on this tomorrow..........

Don't forget, no combustion=no boost. Keep an eye on the A/F.

crepete
02-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Figured out my boost issues. Turns out the Turbo Control Solenoid was hooked up backwards. I still have a hesitation between 3500 and 4000 rpms, but once it gets past there I can boost to redline at 10 psi. I think the hesitation will be cured once I get the car tuned. I forgot just how nice it was to drive a sports car after driving the jeep for so long.

mazda6guy
02-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah man I see you have some good troubleshooting skills. Glad you fixed the FD. Yea I know what you mean because I have a Jeep Cherokee and when I drive the cars and switch to drive the Jeep I sway really bad. It sits higher than my cars. A big difference.

the mike
02-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Good deal!!

crepete
02-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Have you guys ever looked at the vacuum diagram for a 3rd gen? It's nuts!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/crepete/vacuum.jpg

MuddyREX
02-07-2005, 01:05 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you guys ever looked at the vacuum diagram for a 3rd gen? It's nuts!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/crepete/vacuum.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

the mike
02-07-2005, 09:20 AM
At least it's all color coded. Ford never did that for us when I worked on 7.5L F350's.
That is a lot of plastic and rubber to be tracking around though.
(better you than me) ;)

crepete
02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I think someone actually sat and filled all those colors in. I had to search the internet for it. The service manual is just black and white.

mazda6guy
02-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey man what is up with the FD? Just thought I asked because I have not heard from ya in a while. We rotor headz got to stick together you know. :partyman:

crepete
02-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Well......I busted a fuel line last week, and it caught fire. I haven't had a chance to work on it yet as 2 days before the clutch on my jeep dropped out. It was an all-star week last week let me tell you.
Anyway, I have to pull the UIM to acces the damage. Regardless of whats wrong, I'm going to be removing the sequential twin turbo system. This will help when I finally get the money for a nice T78. Not to mention the fact that I'll only have about 5 vaccuum lines to fight with then. It'll be up and running as soon as it gets warm, as I hate working in the cold. I'll keep ya posted.......

crepete
02-28-2005, 01:22 AM
something for you to drool over mada6guy......
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/crepete/12rotor2.jpg

I don't think they have rotors in it, or an eccentric shaft, but it would be sweet if they did....I think it's just a buch of housings bolted together.....