PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

piratius
06-22-2005, 01:29 AM
I went MIA for a while while I tried to get the Mustang done.

Well, needless to say, it's all back together, though for how long depends on what blows up next!

:finga:

If it proves reliable, I'm gonna try and bring it to a meet. Heh. Turbos. :mrgreen:

~Brad

MuddyREX
06-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Awesome man. I hope it holds together. Throw us some pics, and bring that thing to some meets.

piratius
06-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Good & Bad news.

It pulls like a BEAST! Faster than a stock 99 GT (which come with 230ish at the wheels). It's that quick with 5* of timing pulled!!! OMFGSKATES!

Bad news - For some reason, the silicone on the driver's side turbo is...for lack of a better word, retarded. It keeps coming off under boost, no matter how hard i tighten down the T bolt clamp, so, I'm gonna do something more different tomorrow :)

Time to take it back apart! (this time should be quick though!)
~Brad

PSI Chick
06-23-2005, 11:31 PM
spray some hairspray on the pipe before you put the silicone on it. sounds stupid but it gets really sticky and will help keep it in place.

2point4DSM
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
haha, only from a girl... lol, j/k.

piratius
06-26-2005, 12:58 PM
That actually makes sense.

If it comes off again, I might try that. The silicone is under slight tension, which is probably causing it. Stupid IC pipe needs like 1" extra welded in at a critical point, then it would be perfect!

I might take up welding this week!

But, it seems to have held up on the weekded, which means I'll give it another week. If everything is cool, I'll probably see about maybe coming up! (would be a weekend)

~Brad

PSI Chick
06-27-2005, 12:25 AM
haha, only from a girl... lol, j/k.

multi-purpose utilities, gotta love it!!!

congrats on the car staying together, i know how hard it can be to keep these cars in one piece, it's an acomplishment!!! :supz:

piratius
06-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Definately. I ran my friends 305 Trans AM...pulled nicely :)

Now, when I get to add the next 10* of timing, this thing will really move!

~Brad