PDA

View Full Version : turbo oz vs 4g swap?!

lancerxoz
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
soo im lookin to do some engine work.. i*m on a quest

i have an 03 lancer oz rally.. not sure what i wanna do

im either gonna turbo and convert everything.. or just a full on 4g evo swap. any input?!! not sure what i wanna do.. im leaving it fwd no matter which way i go. some heLp!! :)

teh DIRT
03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I think the EVO swap will be a lot of work. A turbo kit however might be a better idea. My friend ray at TurboTekTuning just turbo'd and tuned a lancer OZ and made some serious power with it. I can see what kit they used if youd like, it might be on here somewhere.

teh DIRT
03-14-2007, 12:46 PM
here: http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27436

lancerxoz
03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
awww thanks peteeeeee :)

now i gotta find some men to do the work. lol

a 4g swap would be alotta work.. but id have a fwd evo, thats custom dsm right thereeee lol

Turbo_CitrusEs
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
I'd highly suggest staying away from doing an evo engine swap. Cheapest one done to date was about $10,000. Not worth that much money in my opinion. I would say either build a custom kit, or pick up a kit from road race motorsports or racing performance works. What is the ultimate goal for this car, horsepower wise??? I would also check out www.evolutionm.net, That site will give you a lot of useful information. Im not there as well, my user name is evodreamer28.

lancerxoz
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah im on that forum, its pretty awesome.

turbo it is.

scuse me while i walk out on my best friends 2g..

haha just kiddin stephhh :)

redline
03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
It would be sick! but very costly to have a reliable/bulletproof setup. You can turbo any N/A car but just remember it was never meant to be FI! This is the reason I parted with my 350Z. To do this correctly and be safe you would need to spend many G's on upgrades! If you have a lot of expendable cash then go for it:thumbup: but I would suggest a trade-in if this is the route you'd like to go.

Also, the Evo isn't a DSM.

highmilehatch
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM
a 4g swap would be alotta work.. but id have a fwd evo, thats custom dsm right thereeee lol

Thats sounds like a really impractical idea. Is this your only car?

Jokiesmurf
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Go turbo my Ralliart is a 2.4L motor your is the 2.0L With the turbo you will hit 200HP that 90hp more. Get the turbo , Clutch & flywheel & a LSD. And you are set. With the swap You need to modifie a lot of stuff to fit the engine & Tranny + axle You get my drift. It will be cheeper to do the turbo.
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/ Has alot of parts for your Lancer.

redline
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Go turbo my Ralliart is a 2.4L motor your is the 2.0L With the turbo you will hit 200HP that 90hp more. Get the turbo , Clutch & flywheel & a LSD. And you are set. With the swap You need to modifie a lot of stuff to fit the engine & Tranny + axle You get my drift. It will be cheeper to do the turbo.
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/ Has alot of parts for your Lancer.

My point exactly, sounds easy doesn't it! Go for the turbo and be set for how long? Then watch everything fall apart. I hate to be negative but it is the truth!

ToTheIX's
03-15-2007, 07:56 AM
My point exactly, sounds easy doesn't it! Go for the turbo and be set for how long? Then watch everything fall apart. I hate to be negative but it is the truth!

exactly, if its not done completely its not worth doing, if the motor isnt going to be built to handle decent boost then i dont see the point, rolling around on 6lbs of boost is hardly worth the time/money/effort....and much more without a build and **** will start breaking

MissDSM
03-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Ive already spoken to you and told you to just get a Evo

MissDSM
03-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Back on topic. Jess just get an effing Evo. Or like I said before, you can get a nice eclipse gsx 2gb for like 10k and be done with it. Mod that. Welllll, maybe no because i'd be jealous, lol... but meh, i'd be more jealous if you got an Evo, lol. But i'd steal that ****, I have yet to drive one and I need to compare the STi to something... Sooo yeah, get an Evo!

CarbonIS
03-17-2007, 03:34 PM
i agree with steph, just get an evo, body styling is much sexier

TROLL
03-17-2007, 09:22 PM
and from now on we'll be staying on topic...

ToTheIX's
03-18-2007, 11:46 AM
i agree with steph, just get an evo, body styling is much sexier

agreed...my body is pretty sexy

lancerxoz
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
get your white evo outta here, before i have to buy one and make it prettier! :):)

enigma
03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
To hell with uniqueness, it costs too damn much!
If the car is paid off, use it as a DD, and pick up a car you can make crazy fast.