PDA

View Full Version : Should we set up a South Jersey meet?

the mike
02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
So we are getting a little bigger now and there are a few more SJ peeps. I was wondering if anyone was interrested in setting up a small get together in SJ. Like the Turnersville area maybe?
Post up your ideas here.
Things to think about:
Times
Places
Former experiences/meets

Holla!!

mike

97TSi
02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
If we're talking Turnersville we could meet up at the Fuddruckers meets during the summer, but that's a ways off I guess.

As of right now, meets should be somewhere we can retreat inside if it gets too cold. There's always Dave & Busters. Dyno Meets at Xotic. I even found a new dyno in Moorestown I'm keeping track of. They'll have their dyno in 2-3 weeks. My one car club does a lot of mod meets at people's houses. Usually just turns into standing around staring at the car and drinking Lager, but we're still gonna call them mod meets :rolleyes:

Do people care about the weather or no?? I think that's a big influence. Personally, I don't care.

bjc26
02-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I am definitely up for a SJ meet. Have to see how many people we can round up. Nick brought up the fuddruckers meets during the summer. I have gone to quite a few of them and it is typically classics and muscle cars but the import scene is starting to make some appearances.

Since the temps are still low and there is still snow on the ground I am going to have to agree with some inside meets. There have been a lot of dinners lately where people meet early and check out cars and chat then head in for food. That always works. Weather doesn't bother me either, I'll be outside working on the car tonight! :eek:

evilution
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah i would like to get a meet going! where in moorestown is this dyno i keep hearing about precision dyno tuning on lenola road......i live on lenola road and have not seen it.

justin

bjc26
02-04-2005, 02:57 AM
I will let Nick respond to this one as he has had a conversation with the guy on the phone. I forget the exact address but I am sure he can provide that info. Last I heard they are expecting to have their dyno in two to three weeks, right now I suppose they are just doing installs and fabrication....

97TSi
02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
The address for Precision Dyno Tuning is 876 Lenola Rd. Suite 7E.
When I talked to the guy he seemed pretty knowledgeable. Like Bri said, they should have their dyno in 2-3 weeks. An off-the-floor, twin-eddy current, mustang dyno. They'll be able to dyno anything. The guy I talked to had experience w/Electromotive, AEM, and Motec mainly. He said they can do any custom fab, installs, builds, etc. I believe he also said they have CNC capability. As far as rates go, dyno time would incur a $25 setup fee, then $100/hr. They have a WB, not a tail-sniffer, so they can weld in a bung for you or use an existing port if you have one.
It's kind of a toss-up between this place and Xotic. Xotic is cheaper, lets you drive your own car on the dyno, but is kinda far. This place is more expensive, but sooo much closer. I fully plan on heading over there once they get their dyno to scope the place out and find out a little more about the guys.

evilution
02-05-2005, 12:04 PM
damn i can pretty much throw a rock from my house and hit there building!

the mike
02-05-2005, 06:32 PM
They might not appreciate that.
:mrgreen:

IMPREZvWRX
02-06-2005, 10:38 AM

Dyno day meet @ Justin's!

the mike
02-06-2005, 10:56 AM
What's up Chris.

I would love to set up a dyno meet. Get a bunch of cars together, see who's packing the most heat.

As far as the meet goes, I was looking to have a one time meet in the spring. Somewhere between the shore and Philly. This way no one has to drive a really long time. A few times a year is cool to drive two hours, but I want something relatively close to most of us.
Keep the ideas coming...

mike

teh DIRT
02-06-2005, 11:12 AM
im in for a meet. cause we all kno im packing the most heat.

but in all honesty, id tag along and run....gota get a baseline right.

Orbit
02-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Now if i could only talk them into getting access tuner pro!!!

im always down for a sj meet!!

TrboChicsRock
02-06-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm up for going to a meet in SJ. They're always fun...

TehWagon
02-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Yea, dynos are cool n all, but dude, the burgers are freakin awesome at Fuddruckers!! Can we do both?
:roll:
-Ash

jigga_x
02-07-2005, 12:47 PM
SOUTH JERSEY MEET....I'm definately down!!! :supz:

Fuddruckers is gettin pretty big...there are a lot of classic cars and muscle cars out there, the import/tuner community don't show up till around 6-7. Then by 9, almost all of the classic cars are replaced by the new school community! loud systems, neons, strobes, the sound of superchargers whining, blow-off valves, the biker boys...etc... beautiful...LOL

Then around midnite the a$$holes start doing burnouts and the police come in and send everybody home...that was pretty much the ritual last year. :rock:

And there burgers are huge and mighty tasty! :thumbup:

but i'm down for watever :banana:

IMPREZvWRX
02-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Yea, dynos are cool n all, but dude, the burgers are freakin awesome at Fuddruckers!! Can we do both?
-Ash

Hmm, Fuddruckers then Moorestown. They're kinda far apart and not really easy to get form one to the other. How about two separate meets for that?

BigTimeTalon
02-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm up for a meet at fudd's, I went there a few time last year it was pretty good.

evilution
02-07-2005, 07:26 PM

Yo chris!!! yeah we can do that.....we should set up a dyno meet then back to my house for a BBQ. everyone is welcome i have mad places for everyone to park to.

justin

IMPREZvWRX
02-07-2005, 07:46 PM

Yo chris!!! yeah we can do that.....we should set up a dyno meet then back to my house for a BBQ. everyone is welcome i have mad places for everyone to park to.

justin

Sounds good. I put a call in for pricing and other info. I guess they'll call me back tomorrow. :banana:

the mike
02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Can they tune a UTEC? :mrgreen:

IMPREZvWRX
02-07-2005, 08:18 PM

I can ask when they call me back. What mods do you have, and are you running a base map now? I may be able to help some.

the mike
02-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Stage 1 EVO map. 22 psi. Set up for stock exhaust. I can road tune it, I just haven't had the time.

TehWagon
02-07-2005, 08:40 PM
-Ash

Hmm, Fuddruckers then Moorestown. They're kinda far apart and not really easy to get form one to the other. How about two separate meets for that?

Yes - that's the idea I was going for- two totally different events. Whatever's clever! :wiggle:

IMPREZvWRX
02-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Cool, no call back. :thumbdow: Guess I'll call them again tomorrow.

bjc26
02-09-2005, 10:18 AM
To the best of my understanding the dyno is not scheduled to arrive for another week or two. After that they will probably have to spend a week or two trying to get everything worked out and get everyone trained on the operation of the machine. Sounds like you are pretty close evilution, the dyno then barbeque would definitely be a good meet. I am suprised they didn't call back yet...

Maybe we should have a small meet in the meantime if this isn't going to happen for another 3 or 4 weeks?

IMPREZvWRX
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
To the best of my understanding the dyno is not scheduled to arrive for another week or two. After that they will probably have to spend a week or two trying to get everything worked out and get everyone trained on the operation of the machine. Sounds like you are pretty close evilution, the dyno then barbeque would definitely be a good meet. I am suprised they didn't call back yet...

Maybe we should have a small meet in the meantime if this isn't going to happen for another 3 or 4 weeks?

I got a call back today. He seems really serious about tuning. Here goes...

It's a Mustang AWD dyno. They cost a little more than Xotic, but you get more here also. All dyno pulls include wideband O2 as well as boost and engine load. They also weigh your car prior to putting it on the dyno to get a realistic load from the dyno. To sum it up, there's a lot more setup involved her than at Xotic, hence the higher cost.

Now the price. For 10-15 people, it's gonna be about $75 for three pulls with all the readings including the setup fee. That comes out to $25 more than Xotic, but 1) it's closer to most if not all of us, and 2) it' s a Mustang dyno as opposed to a Dynojet.

This is going to be for dyno pulls only. Tuning will be extra.

Now all I need to know is who and when.

1) IMPREZvWRX - can do any weekend
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

IMPREZvWRX
02-09-2005, 11:57 AM

He's not a fan of the UTEC as it's a piggyback system. He will tune the AEM EMS, Motec, and Autronic. Perhaps you can set up a tuning day and bring in your favorite tuner to do the actual settings.

bjc26
02-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I am assuming that we will have to come equipped with a wide-band o2 bung welded in already?

Any reduction in price for us fwd/rwd people?

Let me know... Depending on the date you can probably throw me on the list!

IMPREZvWRX
02-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I am assuming that we will have to come equipped with a wide-band o2 bung welded in already?

Any reduction in price for us fwd/rwd people?

Let me know... Depending on the date you can probably throw me on the list!

Well, what's good for you? No date has been set yet.

The WBO2 can be stuck in the tailpipe, but it won't be as accurrate there.

xEJ20x
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
SOUTH JERSEY MEET....I'm definately down!!! :supz:

Fuddruckers is gettin pretty big...there are a lot of classic cars and muscle cars out there, the import/tuner community don't show up till around 6-7. Then by 9, almost all of the classic cars are replaced by the new school community! loud systems, neons, strobes, the sound of superchargers whining, blow-off valves, the biker boys...etc... beautiful...LOL

Then around midnite the a$$holes start doing burnouts and the police come in and send everybody home...that was pretty much the ritual last year. :rock:

And there burgers are huge and mighty tasty! :thumbup:

but i'm down for watever :banana:

I dont think that will every change. I went up there all the time during the summer with my WRX.

But I'm always down for a SJ meet. Around Mid-March some SJ Nasioc are trying to get a Cape May Drive going. :thumbup:

IMPREZvWRX
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM

I got a call back today. He seems really serious about tuning. Here goes...

It's a Mustang AWD dyno. They cost a little more than Xotic, but you get more here also. All dyno pulls include wideband O2 as well as boost and engine load. They also weigh your car prior to putting it on the dyno to get a realistic load from the dyno. To sum it up, there's a lot more setup involved her than at Xotic, hence the higher cost.

Now the price. For 10-15 people, it's gonna be about $75 for three pulls with all the readings including the setup fee. That comes out to $25 more than Xotic, but 1) it's closer to most if not all of us, and 2) it' s a Mustang dyno as opposed to a Dynojet.

This is going to be for dyno pulls only. Tuning will be extra.

Now all I need to know is who and when.

1) IMPREZvWRX - can do any weekend
2) evilution - can do any weekend
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

evilution
02-09-2005, 07:34 PM
i am in!!!any weekend

97TSi
02-10-2005, 01:49 PM
From my understanding when I spoke to him they don't have a tail-pipe sniffer. Only an actual WB02 requiring a bung. They can weld the bung in he said if someone's not equipped for it. There's also a dyno setup fee of $25, unless that's included in the $75 you quoted?? If not it's actually $100 for 3 pulls. I dunno. I'll probly go whenever this ends up being just to check the place out, but $100 for 3 pulls is pretty pricey. I'll check my calendar and maybe suggest a date in a little bit.

IMPREZvWRX
02-10-2005, 01:51 PM
For 10-15 people, it's gonna be about $75 for three pulls with all the readings including the setup fee.

97TSi
02-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Ya know, all through elementary school my teachers always told me my reading comprehension sucked... :(

nickmahhh
02-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I agree on the fuddruckers idea, during the summer they do have some bad ass cars out there in the parking lot. I am a huge fan of old cars from the fifties and they have some of them there. So let me know if any meets are set up there cause its close to my house. HHHEEEYYEEAAAYAA :thumbup:

Silver04STi
02-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm in if you are still trying to put together a group to go

Prototype240
02-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Ya know, all through elementary school my teachers always told me my reading comprehension sucked... :(

HAHA, the irony...especially after that MM post of yours! :lol:

IMPREZvWRX
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm in if you are still trying to put together a group to go

For shich group? Dyno? I got 9 so far, you'd be #10 and it's a go!

ixlr811s
02-23-2005, 12:38 AM
I got the 10'th guy, he's a customer of ours. he has a supercharged Lexus IS300.

Orbit
02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
is there a date for this yet?

the mike
03-24-2005, 04:11 PM
The meet is not forgotten, just want to wait until after Tyler so we don't burn ourselves out on meets.

Any news on the dyno front?

IMPREZvWRX
03-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Any news on the dyno front?

PDT doesn't have the dyno installed yet, so I'm going to Xotic on April 10th along with the Philly DSM and SJDSM folks.

the mike
03-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Ahhhh, I may schedule a run to TurboTrix after I get the rest of my exhaust.

Orbit
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
is that the blue one? i see this guy around the neigborhood all the time. I heard he was getting super charger. i dont know him but i knew that.. lol .. that car looks sweet.

I got the 10'th guy, he's a customer of ours. he has a supercharged Lexus IS300.

TehWagon
05-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread cuz i wanna go to fuddruckers. The one in turnersville has meets on friday nights, my sources tell me... anyone?

blubaja
05-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Sure. I've seen them there on sunday nights too. Not sure if they are the friday crew tho.

Frank X.

TehWagon
05-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Is it all different cars on fridays?

IMPREZvWRX
05-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Is it all different cars on fridays?

Yeah, it's a little bit of everything there.

evilution
05-17-2005, 08:31 AM
yeah i was there last friday it was crazy... There was so many differnet types of cars to.

justin

97TSi
05-17-2005, 08:38 AM
I was there last friday too. Definitely a cool show always. Everything from lowrider trucks to custom hot rods to grand nats to imports.

TehWagon
05-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Cool - if there's any interest i'll make a new thread in upcoming events... say 5/27 to kick off the holiday weekend?

the mike
05-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks for posting up that you were going guys. :thumbdow:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When are we going again?

evilution
05-17-2005, 02:42 PM

When are we going again?

sorry it was last minute... the best part about it is $1 BOTTLES!!!!!!!!

TehWagon
05-17-2005, 02:55 PM
SWEET! Maybe we should go THIS Friday!!! :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:

bjc26
05-17-2005, 03:29 PM

When are we going again?

sorry it was last minute... the best part about it is $1 BOTTLES!!!!!!!!

In plastic cups :(
1$ domestics, 2.50 imports. Other than the fact you are drinking out of a plastic cup its a great deal. Earlier in the day (5-8ish) it is mostly classics/hot rods/antiques in the main lots just showing, then later all the imports and ricers move on in.... Some crazy cars there. Definitely a good time. I'm up for it again.

the mike
05-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Look in upcoming events forum, I think we are planning for the 27th.

TehWagon
05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
http://www.tristatetuners.com/viewtopic.php?p=29038#29038

nickmahhh
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
wait so when is this, this friday or next?

the mike
05-18-2005, 11:30 PM
One week from this Friday, AKA the 27th.

nickmahhh
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
might be able to, might be not. we shall see